Jon Stewart and the daily show...

random evil guy

probably the best show on tv right now. i think he is funny and smart; a great combination.

did anyone catch him on crossfire? i laughed my ass off; tucker carlson is probably still a bit embarrassed...

"Carlson tried to counter Stewart's criticism by pointing out that during John Kerry's recent appearance on "The Daily Show," Stewart asked the candidate softball questions. "If you want to measure yourself against a comedy show," Stewart said, "be my guest."

:D :D :D

Jon Stewart is just another Bush-hating moron. The only difference between him and any other Bush-hating moron is that he hosts a show that isn't funny. You can't attack his credibility, because he's just a comedian, yet he'll go on to someone else's show and attack theirs. I wish that news networks would hire some hosts who don't waste time pretending to be civil and who will slap morons like Jon Stewart back into their place. The ones we have now basically just sit there with their phony smiles pasted on while some jackass guest gets away with saying whatever he wants.

Jon Stewart is just another Bush-hating moron. The only difference between him and any other Bush-hating moron is that he hosts a show that isn't funny. You can't attack his credibility, because he's just a comedian, yet he'll go on to someone else's show and attack theirs. I wish that news networks would hire some hosts who don't waste time pretending to be civil and who will slap morons like Jon Stewart back into their place. The ones we have now basically just sit there with their phony smiles pasted on while some jackass guest gets away with saying whatever he wants.

Wasn't that his intention when visiting Crossfire, getting real hosts instead of those goons, they(the hosts) were acting very unproffessional imo.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I guess that would be relevant if Jon Stewart was, in any way, attacking Bush or Republicans on the Crossfire segment.

Jon Stewart is just another Bush-hating moron. The only difference between him and any other Bush-hating moron is that he hosts a show that isn't funny.

I consider "Bush-hating moron" an oxymoron. But we'll ignore that for the sake of argument. LOL. J/K: people that HATE bush are indeed probably morons, people that civilly decide not to back him... are fully entitled to their opinion.

Anyway, to be fair, Jon Stewart's Daily Show made fun of both Bush/Kerry equally during their campaigns. It bashes Democratic and Republican themes and ideas pretty much equally on the show. If anything it seems to have an independant bias.

Thats the difference in guys like him and Bush-loving morons, for instance. Bush hating morons make fun of bush and make fun of themselves and their own party(I'll assume he's Democratic). Bush loving morons hate everyone that makes fun of Bush, even when he obviously deserves it. They may make fun of the opposition, but making fun of Bush is usually off limits somehow for these people. Seems kinda like they value him as a power icon WAY too much. Just my opinion.

BTW if you dont find the Daily Show funny, you need to go return that sense of humour. Yours is broken. I bet you frown a lot. Unless you are hugging a picture of Bush, perhaps? (had to throw that in, sorry :lol:)

I think its funny that Bush can speak better in Spanish than he can in English. I don't hate Bush. I would trust him on a personally level, but when it comes to state policy and directing a nation, I wouldn't trust him at all. He did alright in Afganistan til he outsourced the job of killing Osama to the locals and divert his attention to Iraq which was no threat to the US. A smart person deals with one problem at a time and the immediate problem was Osama, not Saddam. Now, I woudln't mind the whole Iraq thing if we killed Osama first and wiped his friends out but he didn't. Bad move on his part.

actually, jon stewart has said himself he prefer democrats over republicans. nevertheless, he's more of an independent than a democrat. i think he actually supports someone like nader.

did anyone see that poll that showed that stewart's viewers were a lot more informed on current political issued than both viewers of fox news(surprise!!! :wacko: ) and cnn(!)...

BTW if you dont find the Daily Show funny, you need to go return that sense of humour.  Yours is broken.  I bet you frown a lot.  Unless you are hugging a picture of Bush, perhaps?  (had to throw that in, sorry :wacko:)

Actually, I have a very healthy sense of humor, and I haven't found The Daily Show funny since Craig Kilborn left. What was that, '96 or '97? Anyway, Jon Stewart is, to me, a very bad comedian.

rofl!!!!!! The Daily show is the best show on TV ever IMO.

That crossfire vid is GREAT! LOL!

Here it is for anyone who wants to see it:

http://junk.haughey.com/Crossfire-John_Stewart.wmv

Jon Stewart is just another Bush-hating moron. The only difference between him and any other Bush-hating moron is that he hosts a show that isn't funny.

lol. And your just another Bush supporting *cough* person, as well.. The difference is Jon Stewart is funny and has a show ;)

You can't attack his credibility, because he's just a comedian, yet he'll go on to someone else's show and attack theirs. I wish that news networks would hire some hosts who don't waste time pretending to be civil and who will slap morons like Jon Stewart back into their place. The ones we have now basically just sit there with their phony smiles pasted on while some jackass guest gets away with saying whatever he wants.

loll.. Awww boo hoo you cant attack his credibility. :)

But ya news networks should hire people who just shoot anyone who voices their opinion if they dont like it :)

Ambrosia3.gif

That's called the civility, you bush loving moron.

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

Could we possibly have any more knee-jerk reactions on this forum? I guess Jon Stewart is one of those white-listed celebrities now, just like Michael Moore and Maddox. All you guys would have to do to complete the fanatical ground-kisser image would be to start a cult, assuming you haven't already. I'm a Bush lover now? Are you trying to prove your ignorance or what? I make it very clear through my posts exactly where I stand. I'm not the one hosting a "comedy" show and making remarks like this:

'FROM A PURELY comic perspective, you'd want Mr. T to be president. That would be truly fun. But no, I don't cheer for the demise and erosion of the world purely for my own professional standing. I can write jokes about anything!"

Stewart uses his show to cover up his partisanship, rather than having to defend his credibility like everyone else in the business. It would be different if he came out and admitted that he is a Bush-hater and that he pandered to Kerry, but he doesn't do that. His appearance on "Crossfire" was him "crossing" the line, and if he's smart, he'll keep his mouth shut before putting himself in a league that he doesn't belong in.

By the way, there IS a news network that doesn't waste time being civil.

Its called FOX News.

Half their hosts actually dont bother wasting time on being civl.

A few guilty parties on FOX:

Hannity

O'rielly

These guys obviously have a Republican or right bias. But they dont admit it half the time. Anyway, I just hate their bullheaded way about their shows. They always talk over their guests and not with anything more than yelling and filler to shut up people when they try to get a point across.

Compare that to left or Ind/Dem hosts like Jon Stewart and Bill Maher(politically incorrect).

Maher keeps it WAY more civil and lets his guests speak. He lets them talk then he gives his view of the things they said. This guy obviously is Democrat/Ind. But then , he's pretty open about that.

Way more civil than the FOX group... they are usually nasty, talk-over-you, disrespectful and frankly that equals unrespectable in my book.

SO the point: Civility is a good thing. If you dont think so, there is something wrong. Or maybe you're a republican. :) :-P OK ok, that was unfair, there are plenty of jerk Democrats too, and rest assured i feel the same way about them as I do Hannity and Orielly.

The season finale of Maher's HBO show was hilarious. I refer to the Alan Simpson interview.

And yes, he very obviously is a liberal, but he doesn't ever make claims to impartiality, either. He professes an extreme dislike of religion and he doesn't hide the fact that he thinks Bush is a moron. This doesn't prevent him from lampooning figures on the left, though, which seems to be something the right is incapable of; they'll attack lefties all day long, but I've never seen any of these Fox shows (except occasionally for O'Reilly, who I actually like and just happen to disagree with most of the time) go after Republicans. On a side note, though it happened years ago, anyone else catch O'Reilly's interview with Jenna Jameson?

I have no problem with what the folks on Fox News do, except for when they claim impartiality. I think John Stewart has a fair claim to impartiality because he hits everybody, not just the guys he doesn't like. There were plenty of Kerry jokes on The Daily Show.

By the way, there IS a news network that doesn't waste time being civil. 

Its called FOX News.

Half their hosts actually dont bother wasting time on being civl.

A few guilty parties on FOX: 

Hannity

O'rielly

These guys obviously have a Republican or right bias.  But they dont admit it half the time.  Anyway,  I just hate their bullheaded way about their shows.  They always talk over their guests and not with anything more than yelling and filler to shut up people when they try to get a point across. 

Compare that to left or Ind/Dem hosts like Jon Stewart and Bill Maher(politically incorrect).

Maher keeps it WAY more civil and lets his guests speak.  He lets them talk then he gives his view of the things they said.  This guy obviously is Democrat/Ind.  But then , he's pretty open about that.

Way more civil than the FOX group... they are usually nasty, talk-over-you, disrespectful and frankly that equals unrespectable in my book. 

SO the point:  Civility is a good thing.  If you dont think so, there is something wrong.  Or maybe you're a republican.  :)  :-P  OK ok, that was unfair, there are plenty of jerk Democrats too, and rest assured i feel the same way about them as I do Hannity and Orielly.

Would you try addressing the point instead of looking for an excuse to whine about FOX?

Crossfire invited Jon Stewart onto their show knowing that he absolutely hates their show. When he was on their show, he told them, in no uncertain terms, that he absolutely hates their show. Wow, what a big surprise! Also, at no time during that entire segment did he ever disparage either John Kerry or George Bush. At worst, when asked about which candidate would provide better material, he said that Kerry might be harder because he would have to top the absurdity of the last administration, which was impressive. Overall, though, he said it's the system itself, not any particular candidate, that provides him with the best material.

I'm not really sure what your feelings about his partisanship has anything to do with what he said on Crossfire considering the above.

Could we possibly have any more knee-jerk reactions on this forum? I guess Jon Stewart is one of those white-listed celebrities now, just like Michael Moore and Maddox. All you guys would have to do to complete the fanatical ground-kisser image would be to start a cult, assuming you haven't already.

ROFL!!!! Because people enjoy a show that you don't you say they will start a cult, and are 'groundkissers'.. lol.. Keep it comin JN, make that heartrate rise. *cheers on natural selection* lol.

I'm a Bush lover now? Are you trying to prove your ignorance or what? I make it very clear through my posts exactly where I stand.

Ya you do. You stand to keep the mindset that America and Bush can do no evil. lol. And your right you do make that clear. You make it clear you don't enjoy people reading information. lol. You make it clear you interpret information with a complete Bush-fanboyish slant.

His appearance on "Crossfire" was him "crossing" the line, and if he's smart, he'll keep his mouth shut before putting himself in a league that he doesn't belong in.

uhhh.. Well if the show producer was 'smart' they wouldn't invite Stewart to begin with. And if they thought it was out of his league to be on their show, they, wouldn't have had him there. LOL. Critical thinking..... you lack in your statements. lol.

Stewart uses his show to cover up his partisanship

LMAO!!! Cover up? You crack me up JN. You mean because Bush is easier to make fun of you think he's partisan? What if he is?! The entire network of fox news is made to be partisan. lol. You defend fox news or Bush like its your daughter.. lol.

Ambrosia3.gif

I think the Daily show is alright and yeah I have seen some pretty funny things come from it about both sides. Case in point when he was making fun of Dan Rather about his snaffu concerning Bush's National Gaurd record, something if he was hard line liberal he would have never done. Seems to me while he nit picks the republicans more, he makes fun of the obsurdities of politics in general. As far as impartiality well he doesn't have to be his show is a parody of a news show not an actual news show.

Edit:

Overall, though, he said it's the system itself, not any particular candidate, that provides him with the best material.

LMAO!!! Cover up? You crack me up JN. You mean because Bush is easier to make fun of you think he's partisan? What if he is?! The entire network of fox news is made to be partisan. lol. You defend fox news or Bush like its your daughter.. lol.

Quite frankly no matter who won he would have tons of material because both candidates did and said obsurd things through the race for president. Why would their white house stay be any different?

Edit: Sorry guys had to edit this one gave the wrong reporter.

Quite frankly no matter who won he would have tons of material because both candidates did and said obsurd things through the race for president. Why would their white house stay be any different?

I agree. Kerry is a shmuck too.. And no matter who is pres, doesnt matter if it's JEZIS, lol. Our system has so much crazy stupid stuff a show like the daily show will thrive just about no matter what.

Ambrosia3.gif

Would you try addressing the point instead of looking for an excuse to whine about FOX?

What is wrong with you? let me tell you why that is a ridiculous statement to tell me:

Your point: Jon Stewart is a bush hating moron.

My response:

Jon Stewart's Daily Show made fun of both Bush/Kerry equally during their campaigns. It bashes Democratic and Republican themes and ideas pretty much equally on the show. If anything it seems to have an independant bias.
IOW he isn't a bush hating moron, as he doesn't constantly dog bush.

Your point: I wish that news networks would hire some hosts who don't waste time pretending to be civil and who will slap morons like Jon Stewart back into their place.

My response: 'Its called FOX news' -- the hosts' names are Hannity and Orielly.

I addressed your point. Completely, and reasonably. If you call it whining, fine, label it as you please, I was indeed expressing my dissatisfaction with some FOX hosts. If you call that "whining" then fine. Playing the word label game is stupid and a pre-school trick, but I dont really mind if you resort to it.

FOX news is fine as a whole BTW, I just don't like bull headed, uscrupulous hosts.

unscrupulous-Devoid of scruples; oblivious to or contemptuous of what is right or honorable.