Paying for a second term agenda

kumquatq3

I suppose then that you'd be happier in Canada? Where the general feel is a tad more to the left than the US? Where taxes can be anywhere from 3 to 5 times what you are paying in the US when you add them all together?

People bitch and whine and say stupid things like "I just won't pay taxes because I didn't vote for this president" Shut the Fuk up already or move to a better goddam country. I assume that there are countries all over the world that are better places to live, where all the people agree and the government is truly of and by the people. I don't think so.

I suppose then that you'd be happier in Canada?  Where the general feel is a tad more to the left than the US?  Where taxes can be anywhere from 3 to 5 times what you are paying in the US when you add them all together?

People bitch and whine and say stupid things like "I just won't pay taxes because I didn't vote for this president"  Shut the Fuk up already or move to a better goddam country.  I assume that there are countries all over the world that are better places to live, where all the people agree and the government is truly of and by the people.  I don't think so.

I never said I wouldn't pay taxes. I said that churches ought to be taxed since they elected the idiot savant out of Texas.

It is an internet forum and it probably doesn't do any good to get all worked up. On the other hand, it is a simple fact of life in this or any democracy that you are bound to the common will of the people.

This talk is almost exactly word for word what I used to hear about President Clinton. Nuts!

...But, at the end of the day, it's the pleasure of the loser to complain about the fortunes of the winner. I'll have plenty of opportunity to complain in the years to come, I'm sure. If you can get out of paying taxes, Vincent, I wish you all of the best.

It's not so bad, you know. It's only four more years and then anything is possible. As much as folks talk about Armageddon, I'm betting the country will still be here in four more years. I'm just not betting on who will win the Presidential election.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

On the other hand, it is a simple fact of life in this or any democracy that you are bound to the common will of the people.

In a true one, yes.

In representative democracy, and especially one with a constitution, that is not always the case. If that were the case, Bush wouldn't have been president....likely ever (rememeber he lost the popular vote). Odds are that abortion would be illegal and orginized prayer in school would be legal (maybe encouraged). So it's not just the people.

Now I'm not arguing the pros and cons, but I am arguing that the will of the people doesn't always reflect what happens. Not in America. For better or for worse.

People bitch and whine and say stupid things like "I just won't pay taxes because I didn't vote for this president" Shut the Fuk up already or move to a better goddam country.

Well it IS in our constitution to appeal paying taxes if you majorly dissagree with their use. So maybe no, they shouldn't "shut the **** up" and move to another "goddamn country", maybe they should just exercise the rights in their own country...

Your rant reminds me of someone like Saddam G-pa. Is that the kind of country you would like to live in? One where if someone voices discontent they should shut the **** up and move away? lol.. In that case nothing would ever happen for the better. Things would always stay the same, maybe you had a bad day at work, but sheesh, you sure were angry during that post..

As soon as I feel the people in this country, and the country itself has no hope for salvation other then punishment for their ignorance(in the form of major destruction and death, pain, etc), I will "shut the **** up and move to a better country". As there are plenty of countries better then America when it comes to just plain ol well being IMO.

But until then I will voice my opinion, and try to change things for the better. And weather the angry pissy rants of people saying shut the **** up and move to a different country. As your definetly not the first or last person to say that...

Ambrosia3.gif

"As there are plenty of countries better then America when it comes to just plain ol well being IMO. "

No.

"I will be so incline to pay my taxes in support, but right now I just can't with good conscience."

You sound like the crybabies who whined about Clinton during his time in office. I woudl think in good conscience as a law abdiing Amerikan citizen that you *should* pay your taxes, and do your best in other ways to help make your country more to your liking.

Afterall, the best way to get Bush and his supporters to do things you dislkike is by agantonzing them over, and over again. Work with them; not against them (and vice versa).

"As soon as I feel the people in this country, and the country itself has no hope for salvation other then punishment for their ignorance(in the form of major destruction and death, pain, etc)"

This is hilarious. Youa re pissed off at Bush for going to war; but then you go about and state your country deserves to be attackd and mass murdered. Do yous ee the hypocrisy in that? It's ok to kill Amerikans; but when Amerikans do it it's morally reprhensible.

R00fles!

Remember, no matter hwo you slice it, two of the worse regimes were removed because of Bush. Afghanistant is well on its way to freedom and epace though it's not ther eyet. And, while Iraq is not in the best shape right now; it is ehading albeit slowly there. And, it's a scary thought that many Iraqis - the so called targets of Bush's agression - supported his relection while others who know very littel about what's actually happening in iraq oeither now or before don't. Then again, youa re probably one of those people who actually believe Moore's Happy Happy version of Pre War iraq under Hussein.

R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"I am not going to compromise my beliefs just to "work together" with a group of people who thinks that I am damned in Hell for all eternity when I die."

You mean they think of you exactly as you think of them?

R00fles!

And, oh, the US was founded on compromise. There's been compromise and lack of compromise throughout its history. Instead of falling into the trap and demonizing them; learn to *really* understand them. This goes both ways, btw. And, pay your taxes! Just be thankful you live in the US where you have the freedom of speech to whine!!

I do understand them. The majority of my family is with them. I will just never agree with them and there is no point in trying to compromise because religious zealots do not compromise so why even bother. I see Bush and his administration being full of religious zealots, as a tool of the Morale Majority special interest group.

I am legally tax exempt so I am breaking no law and till there is an administration in the office I can agree with I won't be paying taxes.

"I will just never agree with them and there is no point in trying to compromise because religious zealots do not compromise so why even bother."

This proves you lack any understanding of them.

As for being legally being tax exempt; good for you.

I said I won't pay taxes because I don't agree with his policies and how he is spending my tax dollars.

yeah, good luck with that.

in a democracy, the only time you get a say in how your taxes are spent is at election time. it's part of the democratic system that you pay your taxes no matter what, not according to whether you voted for the guy in charge.

dumber than a bag of hammers

The motivation was not because I voted for the other guy it is because I don't agree with Bush's policies.

you don't get an exemption for disagreeing with policies either.

Motivation does not equal means.  Do you really need that explained to you?

voting is the only say you get in tax matters. either you didn't vote (because i suspect you ain't old enough) or you voted for someone whose policies you don't agree with.

either way, the opportunity to change tax policy in 2004 has passed. sorry buddy. sucks to be you.

Actually being a full time student at the local university, as well as being over 25, and making less than $10,000 of taxable income allows you to be tax exempt.  Before I was paying taxes, but with this combination I don't have to.

in other words, you're 'exempt' because you don't have an income worth taxing.

LOL