Handmaiden/Disciple

Two things,everyone is pretty much under the assumption that they're both your character's apprentice and neither one has an actual name listed. So what if:

The reason there's no name is because you get to pick from a provided list when you first meet the characters? 2 or 3 names? Unlikely,but possible.

And if you do train them,do they select their Jedi Class,does your class decide their's? Or can you have a say in it based on how you train them? As such training them into different classes each time you play.

Two things,everyone is pretty much under the assumption that they're both your character's apprentice and neither one has an actual name listed. So what if:

The reason there's no name is because you get to pick from a provided list when you first meet the characters? 2 or 3 names? Unlikely,but possible.

And if you do train them,do they select their Jedi Class,does your class decide their's? Or can you have a say in it based on how you train them? As such training them into different classes each time you play.

That sounds like a definite possiblity.

The thing that really interests me is that the handmaiden and Visas Marr look to be two diametrically opposed characters-Handmaiden for LS, VM for DS. So why did LA release Visas Marr's name and put the relatively generic handmaiden placeholder over the other.

Either your explanation is right SilverSun, or there is a reason (importance to the story? link to K1?) that LA can't release her name yet without giving a spoiler.

That sounds like a definite possiblity.

The thing that really interests me is that the handmaiden and Visas Marr look to be two diametrically opposed characters-Handmaiden for LS, VM for DS. So why did LA release Visas Marr's name and put the relatively generic handmaiden placeholder over the other.

Either your explanation is right SilverSun, or there is a reason (importance to the story? link to K1?) that LA can't release her name yet without giving a spoiler.

So your saying she might be Bastila? :ermm:

Or perhaps Atris...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

How do you know this information?

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Oh. Thank you for the information...

If you're speaking of handmaiden then Akari said she wasn't Atris.

But he never said that she wasn't the one we were calling atris (only reskined). It makes me wonder if they either never called her atris but instead thats a name for someone else in the game or if they decided to change the name after it was leaked. Or that she is some relation to Atris, the growing concenus on the board is that Atris is the Queen of onderon so why couldn't it be possible that she could either be a realative of the queen or maybe the queen undercover. I have to admit that the whole queen being undercover thing would kinda suck and I hope they don't use that idea since it would take away from the character.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

But he never said that she wasn't the one we were calling atris (only reskined). It makes me wonder if they either never called her atris but instead thats a name for someone else in the game or if they decided to change the name after it was leaked. Or that she is some relation to Atris, the growing concenus on the board is that Atris is the Queen of onderon so why couldn't it be possible that she could either be a realative of the queen or maybe the queen undercover. I have to admit that the whole queen being undercover thing would kinda suck and I hope they don't use that idea since it would take away from the character.

True,there's a lot of ways this could go. We simply don't have enough info to say for sure. It's possible she's the Queen,it may also be she that she's a Jedi that over the years has taken charge of the fight against the Sith. There are obviously Jedi in hiding,maybe she's the leader of that group. Maybe you meet her and she wants your help,the Sith obviously want you to join them as well,maybe the darkside/lightside choice comes from picking to follow "Artis" or the Sith. Handmaiden could still have some relation to her in some way.

1) Atton Rand: human male scoundrel

2) Kreia: human female jedi consular

3) Mira: human female scout

4) T3: utility droid

5) HK: protocol/assassin droid

6) Handmaiden: human female jedi guardian from Onderon or Visas Marr: human female Krath from Onderon

7) Mandalore (AKA Canderous Odo): Human Soldier

:- Bao Dur: Male Zabrek Droid Building Cyborg

9) Male Wookiee Jedi Sentinal

10) Your  Diciple

I'd like to know where Fardragon discovered that the Handmaiden and Visas Marr come from Onderon, but it seems to add a bit more support to Atris being the Queen of Onderon.

I do not believe what Fardragon sys in that...

6) Handmaiden: human female jedi guardian from Onderon or Visas Marr: human female Krath from Onderon

I'd like to know where Fardragon discovered that the Handmaiden and Visas Marr come from Onderon.

I was wondering that myself.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Might just be speculation, like alot of thing that we supposedly know.

The one thing that can be easily discerned is the fact that Visas Marr and the Handmaiden look an incrediable amount alike. I would think that they are the same character, because I would think that you have to meet Atris pretty early in the game, before you chose to your latter prestige class, thus putting you down the road of either dark side or light side, and that upon that meeting she would send her handmaiden to assist you.

Otherwise I guess they could be long lost relatives from the same busty family

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Multiple personalities?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I don't understand why choosing the name would be significant or how they could work choosing her name into the plot

I don't understand why choosing the name would be significant or how they could work choosing her name into the plot

Signigicant? Wouldn't really,simply another way to make the game a little more personal. As to how it would work simply have a few names to choose from when you meet the character,select one,and the game calls her/him that. Would have to be a very small list simply because of the fact that they'd need to have lines with each of the names placed into the game where need be.

As I said,unlikely but I thought it would be interesting while typing up the question about how their class would be choosen.

Gotcha, the only problem with that really, is then they probaly wouldn't actually say their name, not that it would be impossible, but not likely, they might as well let you come up with the name yourself

That's where the small list would come in,if it's only 2 or 3 or even 3 or 4 names they could have the lines in which the name is said(which isn't always a lot) done with each name. Pick a name and the game uses what you selected.

Heh,one of the few reasons I can think of for not giving away the name of the characters.

Unless it's as was said to me else where that the name may have something to do with the plot as such they're not giving it away until the game is out.

1) Atton Rand: human male scoundrel

2) Kreia: human female jedi consular

3) Mira: human female scout

4) T3: utility droid

5) HK: protocol/assassin droid

7) Mandalore (AKA Canderous Odo): Human Soldier

:shifty: Bao Dur: Male Zabrek Droid Building Cyborg

9) Male Wookiee Jedi Sentinal

10) Your  Diciple

I'd like to know where Fardragon discovered that the Handmaiden and Visas Marr come from Onderon, but it seems to add a bit more support to Atris being the Queen of Onderon.

It is informed speculation, as I said at the start of the thread, in this case based mostly on the costume style, which espicially in the case Visas Marr resembles very closely the costumes worn by Onderon natives in TotJ.

Looks like Atris can be crossed of the list anyway, and the wookiee isn't a jedi.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Hm, I'd really like to know what the starting classes of the Handamaiden, Visas Marr and the Disciple are. I mean, they can't be Jedi until the PC picks them and starts to train them, can they? And they can't just be far behind the other party members in levels either - that would make them useless. So, they got to change classes, like the PC in KOTOR1. But their appearance doesn't lend itself to any particular classes, unless there would be a boatload of new ones in this game. And since you can get the Disciple together with either of the females, I presume that only one of them would become Jedi (the one cross-gender to PC?), while the other would continue in the original class.

It is also interesting whether we can choose what Jedi class they get. It would be nice.

And finally there are 2 slots left mysteriously open, one a wookie. Are those our KOTOR1 cameos? They can't be so cruel as to give us Zaalbar, can they?!

I certainly hope that none of them is a Jedi, in any case. KOTOR1 had an overabundance of NPC Jedis to the extent that there was little new to discover by giving the PC different Jedi classes. If Kreia, the PC and our apprentice were the only Jedi in the party this time around, it would be much better, IMHO. Not to mention, much more fitting the new "Jedi scarcity" theme.