Kotor2 Romance

I been pondering a little sorrounding this, so i thought it see what other thought about it or if anyone knew anything about it.

Here goes, ive been wondering if there is romance in Kotor2 and to what degree.

Personally i thought it would be cool if there were a difference in romance direction according to alignment-

Example: While LS might be focused around love, caring and admiration.

While ds might be more attractive to charisma, power and desire.

Was wondering what other feel about this or if anyone know what sorta romance or flirts that are in game, would be a nice topic to talk about as subject in forms of alignment and contrast, since i havent seen it been a topic like that before.

Well, I think it was sorta of hinted at at the end of K1, especially in the icky quasi-sexual nature of the torture scenes between Malak and Bastila and later the confrontation between a male Revan and Bastila where she offers to be "standing at your side, both as lover and apprentice."

Anyways, I think the idea of love in the Dark Side is more about lust, a violent temporary passion that doesn't necessarily mean you have to like the person. On the temple Bastila is trying to use Revan's feelings to turn him, she's not actually saying "I love you, join with me." I predict that Revan would have a very rocky road if he tried to continue to romance a DS Bastila post K1. Come to think of it, DS romance almost resembles the vampiric seduction scenes that always pop up in gothic literature. Fall under the spell of the Sith/vampire and be turned away from the light forever.

The light side romance is more traditional. There may be a few naughty innuendos, and maybe a faded to black kiss, but it follows a traditional pattern that was established as far back as literature began.

I'm curious to see how Obsidian would deal with a DS romance under the auspices of LA's rather strict SW morality and the ESRB's Teen Rating of the game.

BTW, someone should probably combine the two topics the topic originator made.

EDIT: Spelling, grammar and a clarification on which scenes.

I think that there will be romance options similar to that of the Baldur's Gate series

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I think that there will be romance options similar to that of the Baldur's Gate series

I'm thinking something similar. Probably along these lines.

MALE

DS: Visas Marr

LS: Handmaiden

Middle: Mira

FEMALE:

DS/LS?: Disciple

Middle: Atton

Haven't met too many male NPCs yet? Would a female be able to romance Mandalore? It's a thought.

Just thought it would be nice seeing difference between light and dark, as sith is more about passion and power it more likely a Sith romance or what to call is based on desire and want.

They may create strong bonds to but foundation is different and demand continues strengh is it would probaly be one of the bases for it, what usually join evils are common goals if they both keep true to them and dont fail to uphold the strengh that bonds it, then it likely to work.

But anyways i thought id make a discussion since think, there should be a different drive for the 2 LS and DS, since their bases would be alot different.

And second post was a accident something messed up when i tried to post some error messages and such.

I'm thinking something similar. Probably along these lines.

MALE

DS: Visas Marr

LS: Handmaiden

Middle: Mira

FEMALE:

DS/LS?: Disciple

Middle: Atton

Haven't met too many male NPCs yet? Would a female be able to romance Mandalore? It's a thought.

Well game said alignment would be according to your gameplay so it you made evil choices your member would be become evil to eventually.

so i doubt it alignment restricted but would be nice if there was a script for both, DS and LS.

Usually evil male gets drawn to innocent women or naive to find good in themselves in them instead hoping they somehow find something they lost in them.

Or they get drawn to head strong women that sorta aggressive and always in gear.

At least my observations so far.

How about love between NPC's. Sort of like: if you were Luke, Han and Leia would be developing a relationship. Instead it would be our PC and maybe Atton and Mira developing a relationship.

Just my 2 cents

I for one would like to see that a lot. Despite my utter hatred and contempt for both Aerie and Haer'Dalis in BG II, I really enjoyed the romance the two of them struck up through the course of the game.

Plus, MCA did kind of hint that relationships (in its broadest sense) would combine a lot of the characters in different and unexpected ways throughout the game.

Barzarel: They also said the NPCs you get are dependent on your alignment and Visas Marr and Handmaiden can't be in the party at the same time. Which leads me to think they are the preeminent romance options for DS and LS respectively

EDIT: Replying to Above post

Wonder if there will be multi romance, like in BG2 where women ended up fighting over you.

Thought that was kinda amusing, anyone know if it would be like BG2 in way of romance, or have part of it npc interaction?

Barzarel: They also said the NPCs you get are dependent on your alignment and Visas Marr and Handmaiden can't be in the party at the same time. Which leads me to think they are the preeminent romance options for DS and LS respectively

Guess not

Wonder if there will be multi romance, like in BG2 where women ended up fighting over you.

Thought that was kinda amusing, anyone know if it would be like BG2 in way of romance, or have part of it npc interaction?

Guess not

I'm pretty sure there are multiple options for romances, both for males and females.