KOTOR II: Lightsabers at IGN

God why is everyone doing this, its like having multiple topaz quasars

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

did anyone else see this

As we gear up for release, it's time to start exploring specific areas of Obsidian's upcoming RPG. You play as another Jedi amnesiac searching for the keys to your past.

Now I am beging to worry since we were told many times that the PC will have full knowledge of who they are, its just for the player to find out. SO the question is did IGN just screw up or is there something that we need to know???

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

A good find.

That stuff about the various styles is pretty interesting, though I'm sure the EU fanatics are sure to come out of the woodwork to compain that "those styles didn't exist then!!!!" :devil::lol:

So the Mace Windu and Qui-Gon styles are in...I hope the PC is just as acrobatic as Qui-Gon in his style.

A good find.

That stuff about the various styles is pretty interesting, though I'm sure the EU fanatics are sure to come out of the woodwork to compain that "those styles didn't exist then!!!!"  :devil:  :lol:

So the Mace Windu and Qui-Gon styles are in...I hope the PC is just as acrobatic as Qui-Gon in his style.

Ya any moment now Nar Absurd should be here complaining

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Ten million diffirent lightsaber combinations

I wonder when Topaz will a have poll with each one of those to select from.

"Which lightsaber combination do you prefer?"

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I believe the Jedi amnesiac part is just IGN trying to have the same information that was posted by another site and was wrong!

Mmm. My drool is light green, just like my saber. :)

Fnord.

"We treat the lightsaber with great respect. We have increased their effectiveness and upgradeability and have also made them rarer. Creating your own lightsaber is a major quest in the game and a huge accomplishment. That being said, you will have your lightsaber throughout much of the game, but acquiring it is certainly a goal to aspire towards."

I'm glad to hear this. In kotor you didnt get feeling a lightsaber was a powerful and rare weapon. (w00t)

The thing that really got me interested was the part about the crystal that changed with the Jedi.

There are even rumors of an exceedingly rare type of crystal that bonds with its owner, becoming more powerful as they do. The bond is so great that the crystal's capabilities and color even vary with its master's alignment towards the light or dark side of the Force.

I wonder if there is a limit on how strong it can get? and how it changes colour?

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

The thing that really got me interested was the part about the crystal that changed with the Jedi.

There are even rumors of an exceedingly rare type of crystal that bonds with its owner, becoming more powerful as they do. The bond is so great that the crystal's capabilities and color even vary with its master's alignment towards the light or dark side of the Force.

I wonder if there is a limit on how strong it can get? and how it changes colour?

With more "personalized" lightsabers, hopefully this cuts down on the number of lightsaber loot you can amass. It would be neat if everyone's lightsaber was bonded closely to its owner, and that the lightsaber becomes almost useless (maybe a severe drop in damage) if used by someone other than the owner.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

With more "personalized" lightsabers, hopefully this cuts down on the number of lightsaber loot you can amass.  It would be neat if everyone's lightsaber was bonded closely to its owner, and that the lightsaber becomes almost useless (maybe a severe drop in damage) if used by someone other than the owner.

A very good idea, and I too am curious about your first lightsaber, if it can be a saberstaff and all, that way you don't have to worryabout wasting single feats if your character is a dual wielder

Ooooh...Silver lightsabers.

Also the addition of forms and all the different upgrade possibilities are nice as well.

Although I do recall Mace Windu's form being discussed extensively in Shatterpoint and there it was called Vaapad and we also learned that Windu created it. So it doesn't really make sense that it's it KOTOR II.

With more "personalized" lightsabers, hopefully this cuts down on the number of lightsaber loot you can amass. It would be neat if everyone's lightsaber was bonded closely to its owner, and that the lightsaber becomes almost useless (maybe a severe drop in damage) if used by someone other than the owner.

Sounds like a good idea for later in the game say once the PC has a lightsaber. I think it will be very interesting as to how you find that speacial crystal. I was thinking that it might be some sort of quest the PC will have to go on to find it.

AscendedPaladin.png

Just as long as you don't go to a cave and kill "force spiders" or whatever to get these crystals. That's one of the only things that I really didn't like about Kotor. Its like, "Hey here's your lightsaber, oh btw theres these caves here where you can get special crystals, I mean that is I've heard there are these caves." :(