Remoresful Sith

No, he sent Vader because he was afraid that he couldn't sense Luke's presence. That's I think the behavior pattern of a common coward.

He sent Vader because Vader was Luke's father and the Emperor knew that that conflict would cause Luke a slip to the dark side more easily. The Emperor was a master at manipulating circumstances, and that's what that was.

From what the movies tell us this is what it appears to be. But I remember, from what the book says, Luke sensing the Emperor's great fear and unsureness when he was brought to the Throne Room. The Emperor must have had a rough apprehension of what could happen to him.

Remember, the Emperor even was unable to sense Luke's presence in the system. Wouldn't that be a justified reason for some worries?

After Yoda's death Obi Wan's ghost said that Yoda will always be with Luke. I think the Emperor had the same problem with the force the Jedi Council had as they couldn't use the force as usual.

But I agree, remoresful the Emperor wasn't.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

It is right all the Sith lords should show regret, all should show regret for pretending on my throne :)

Besides which it allows the weakling Jedi to weed out the unworthy one's from among my army.

Considering the method of turning, these people are then a burden on the Jedi's diminutive resources :ph34r:

It's good for the Sith, (and the Jedi seem to enjoy their self righteous hypocrisies :devil: )

Everyone wins.

The whole idea behind the Sith seems to be fear. Not openly, but fear of losing power, appearing weak, being unable to control the situation. The Sith code is all about dominating the universe and bending it to your will, and I think that if a Sith like Palpatine thought he could not control Luke it would scare him, but that would also fuel his power.

As for a repentant Sith, what if the twist is that you kill Sion when you're only at level 7, early in the game. This is because he must use so much of his power just to stay alive. He then comes back as a completely unrepentant force spirit and you must fight him at the end of the game in a duel similar to the fight between Exar Kun and the Jedi at the Yavin Academy, but one on one. I'm guessing that the game will end up with a one on one, or two on one duel in the final act, so why not against a force spirit?

The whole idea behind the Sith seems to be fear. Not openly, but fear of losing power, appearing weak, being unable to control the situation. The Sith code is all about dominating the universe and bending it to your will, and I think that if a Sith like Palpatine thought he could not control Luke it would scare him, but that would also fuel his power.

As for a repentant Sith, what if the twist is that you kill Sion when you're only at level 7, early in the game. This is because he must use so much of his power just to stay alive. He then comes back as a completely unrepentant force spirit and you must fight him at the end of the game in a duel similar to the fight between Exar Kun and the Jedi at the Yavin Academy, but one on one. I'm guessing that the game will end up with a one on one, or two on one duel in the final act, so why not against a force spirit?

It would be interesting. I think it could work but I would imagine that it would be a one on one battle. But with all that being said I don't think that Obsidian would kill off Sion that early in the game (I am guessing that you wouldn't even have your prestige class that early in the game). I think it would also be an interesting idea is if they could (as another poster mentioned) take control of one of the party members and then insist that the PC fights them.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Yes, but you could make the same argument about the Jedi. Fear of slipping to the Dark Side, fear of being controlled by their emotions, fear of using their power in all its glory for anything other than 'helping people'; really, if you want to accomplish something and there's a nagging feeling that you won't (or can't), it's only natural to feel fear.

But as I've heard in Rome: Total War about a gazillion times now, 'there is no shame in fear, there is only shame in letting fear rule you.' In this case, given that Palpatine was confident enough to try and turn Luke rather than just kill him outright, I think it's pretty fair to say that the Emperor's fear was secondary to his arrogance and overconfidence.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I think it's pretty fair to say that the Emperor's fear was secondary to his arrogance and overconfidence.

Which obviously led to his downfall.

As far as Sith always admitting that the Light is stronger or regretting their choices, that does get kind of old. But, when you believe in something and think it is right winning an argument, or in this case a battle, and having your opponent admit that he/she was wrong is an excellent feeling. So even though the remorseful sith thing is a bit played out, it still has a bit of value for me.

I think it's pretty fair to say that the Emperor's fear was secondary to his arrogance and overconfidence.

Which obviously led to his downfall.

As far as Sith always admitting that the Light is stronger or regretting their choices, that does get kind of old. But, when you believe in something and think it is right winning an argument, or in this case a battle, and having your opponent admit that he/she was wrong is an excellent feeling. So even though the remorseful sith thing is a bit played out, it still has a bit of value for me.

Could be part that most sith are imature unlike the emperor alot of the apprentices or sith lords are usually padawans turned to the dark side, so it maybe be part to do with that to, that theyve at some point made rash decissions or had emossional outburst slowly gripping them forward darkside, convincing themselves it power, therefore playing it out become more a slave than a master.

Just a guess but couldnt it be likely a padawan or former given conditions of near death or undergoing death, may finally get a peaceful moment to realise he let himself be more it pawn than its controller or master.

Mostly the remorseful ive seen are mostly former padawan, that couldnt wait to reach more closer to the force, and choose DS to gain knowlegde and power faster, immaturity in power may cause you to eventually realise that there never really was such just a moment of self denial.

But in game and movies i havent seen many DS regret that wasent padawans or former padawan so i think it would seem possible to assume.