Atris's Role

I PM'd Chris Avellone the Developer about  Atris's role and he commented that Atris will have a vital role in TSL but will not be one of your companions.

Oy gott! You might not want to mention that Chris Avellone may possibly answer PMs; the poor guy might be inundated with them.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Kinda adds a bit of fuel to the fire to the argument that Atris is indeed The Queen of Onderon (wasn't it Darth Gandalf who brought it up)

1) The Handmaiden looks like her. Amidala's handmaidens resembled her in E1. Why not the same here?

2) She's NOT playable. I think we were told somewhere that we have to take sides either with or against the queen, but the queen herself would not join us.

Any other circumstancial evidence?

1) The Handmaiden looks like her. Amidala's handmaidens resembled her in E1. Why not the same here?

By that reasoning then its possible that her handmaiden could infact be her in disscuise (sp?). Lets hope, Also it would make sense becuase the true handmaiden might not be force sensitive while the true queen should be (saying she has any shared blood line with the prior queen and king of onderon).

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

By that reasoning then its possible that her handmaiden could infact be her in disscuise (sp?). Lets hope, Also it would make sense becuase the true handmaiden might not be force sensitive while the true queen should be (saying she has any shared blood line with the prior queen and king of onderon).

Somehow, I don't think the folks at LA would let Obsidian do a trick that obvious again.

I think it's more likely when you get on Onderon you have a choice between aiding The Queen (Atris?) or the Sith seperatists.

If you aid the Sith, you get Visas Marr. If you aid the Queen she sends one of her handmaidens to assist you.

After you kick Jedi/Sith tail, your party member asks the Queen/Sith Lord if she can join your crusade and bam! One of your NPC slots is now filled.

Somehow, I don't think the folks at LA would let Obsidian do a trick that obvious again.

I think it's more likely when you get on Onderon you have a choice between aiding The Queen (Atris?) or the Sith seperatists.

If you aid the Sith, you get Visas Marr. If you aid the Queen she sends one of her handmaidens to assist you.

After you kick Jedi/Sith tail, your party member asks the Queen/Sith Lord if she can join your crusade and bam! One of your NPC slots is now filled.

i agree. i also think that if you go dark side, atris will become the main antagonist so you'll fight her as the last boss of the game. rather than fighting the main sith regardless of your affiliation, like in kotor1

That of course is assuming that Atris is the queen of onderon. But I don't see a problem with it, I mean its more than likely not the way the writers would do it, but it still makes an interesting possibility, another thing that they could do is that the handmaiden could be related to Atris (once agian saying she is the queen of onderon).

Wasn't it said that the prior (possible still current) queen of onderon was a DS follower? and that Dxun and Onderon are strong in the DS? so wouldn't that mean that the queen should be evil?

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

I thought I read where the current Queen supported the Republic, but the Sith on the moon of Dxun had been doing attacks on the planet with a view of deposing the Queen and handing the planet over to the Sith Lords.

Of course, the situations may be reversed and then it's the Republic that is the underground resistance force in this case.

Either way, I'd bet my apartment on Onderon/Dxun being the site where we pick up either the Handmaiden or Visas Marr and the place where we first meet Atris.

EDIT: Unclear point

I thought I read where the current Queen supported the Republic, but the Sith on the moon of Dxun had been doing attacks on the planet with a view of deposing the Queen and handing the planet over to the Sith Lords.

Of course, the situations may be reversed and then it's the Republic that is the underground resistance force in this case.

Either way, I'd bet my apartment on Onderon/Dxun being the site where we pick up either the Handmaiden or Visas Marr and the place where Atris first comes into play.

I was just thinking maybe the quest will be something along the lines of having to re-instate the proper queen to the throne (LS) or to maintain the current rule of the DS queen (DS). Saying that the current queen is DS. Or maybe the tradional protect the queen could be LS and over throw her being the DS option.

I think we will get the handmaiden the way you discribed above but I think that we will get Marr on Dxun.

So is Atris a potential party member still?  And what his her relation ship to the hanmaiden?

since its been said that the character name atris wont be a Party NPC I would have to NO. But that doesn't mean that she couldn't go by another name or be undercover.

AscendedPaladin.png

So is Atris a potential party member still?  And what his her relation ship to the hanmaiden?

According to the PM from MCA, no. But she does play a very important role to the game.

Perhaps she fills the role that the Jedi Council fulfilled in K1.

I like the idea above that she is the final opponent for a DS character.

Wild speculation is fun! :)

EDIT: Beat me to it Stargate :)

Oooh look! A dev!

Beat me to it Stargate  :)

Oooh look! A dev!

:)

I wonder if he will comment on our thoughts/speculation.

AscendedPaladin.png

well before alot of people suggested that MSG and Atris were the same person, hopefully this won't lead to more of the same speculation.

I wouldn't doubt that they'll definitely have some sort of previous aquantice, it would realy suck if they're the same person.

On the other hand you would think that He wears a mask for some reason.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I PM'd Chris Avellone The Developer about  Atris's role and he commented that Atris will have a vital role in TSL but will not be one of your companions.

Teehee. I've been saying that for a while.

"I'd laugh so hard if Atris wasn't one of your companions"

Who's laughing now! Muhahaha!

Fnord.

I just got to thinking of something is it possible that the name Atris could be the name of the female sith lord? I know I wasn't around when the name slipped out on the boards but is it possible that the dev who slipped up could have been talking about the female sith lord and not the WHC?

AscendedPaladin.png

I just got to thinking of something is it possible that the name Atris could be the name of the female sith lord? I know I wasn't around when the name slipped out on the boards but is it possible that the dev who slipped up could have been talking about the female sith lord and not the WHC?

IIRC, someone...was it kumquat? in the original Ask the Devs thread asked what the name of the WHC was. Some dev posted it and five minutes later, the post disappeared.

Draw your own conclusions :devil:

IIRC, someone...was it kumquat? in the original Ask the Devs thread asked what the name of the WHC was. Some dev posted it and five minutes later, the post disappeared.

Draw your own conclusions :)

I knew the name had been pulled right after it was released but I wasn't when it was released or how it was released, so I guess its doubtful then that the name Atris could refer to the Female Sith Lord and not the WHC. Thanks for the info. Another thing is could they have changed the name and thats why she isn't playable (in case anyone is wondering I would like to have the WHC as a party member :D ) Or that they changed who was called atris, since it was early in the development process its possible that it wouldn't have been too hard to change who was called Artis and just make up a new name for the person who we are calling Atris. Just a thought.

AscendedPaladin.png

One side, i find it interesting having her as the Queen of Onderon, it really puts this game into a whole new perspective. But one can now discard her as the potential love-interest, meh.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy