So the Emperor has a lightsaber

That's very cool thanks for the pic. I also heard about the trailer comin out soon as well but I don't know where to go to see it once it comes out. Could you tell us all where it will be and the day it's released?

Lucasfilm will release the teaser with The Incredibles in theaters on November 5th. Members of StarWars.com Hyperspace will be able to view the clip in the early afternoon on November 4. Subcribers to AOL will also be able to see the trailer on the 4th.

The public debut of the teaser trailer will happen on November 8th at StarWars.com.

Heres a spoilerish description of what the clip is like: (highlight to view :wacko: )

I just had the honor to watch the teaser trailer for Revenge of the Sith, oh about 10 times in a row and I'll probably watch it another 10 times, and let me say that it blew me away. The description of the trailer floating around the Web is 99.9% correct. The trailer does begin with "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far way." and includes Alec Guiness famous line "A young Jedi named Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine until he turned to evil, helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi knights. He betrayed and murdered your father."

Some awesome highlights I should point out include a hooded Anakin with glowing red eyes - much like Darth Maul's, a scene of the Emperor wielding a lightsaber, I'm assuming during his battle with Yoda, which looks like he is throwing across the room. In what seems to be a full out war over Coruscant we see an early prototype of the X-Wing fighter with an extra wing cutting across the fighter and a curved nose. There's also a shot of a group of Wookies lead by Chewbacca getting ready to attack. We also hear James Earl Jones speak as Vader though his voice is a slight different then we are used to hearing in the original trilogy.

Let me say that the very first glimpse you see as Vader rises is jaw dropping. I highly recommending setting your TIVO to capture this because you will be wanting to pause and go back to the quick montage. My friend has confirmed that the trailer will be played in its entirety on Access Hollywood Thursday night.

manthing2.jpg

That pic is fake.

Emperor Palpatine does not have a lightsaber.

If he does in EP3 then George Lucas made an awful mistake.

Darth Vader: "This is his lightsaber."

Emperor Palpatine:"Ah yes, a Jedi's weapon."

That pic is fake.

How is this an indication that Emperor Palpatine doesn't use a lightsaber?

And the pic isnt fake.

He does have one, use one, slice Jedi up with one in EPIII

He doesnt have one in older age because there is noone to be a threat to him... if you had the power to hand someones ass to them by just using your hands to create lightning why in the world would you bother with carrying a lightsaber...

During the time of the Empire the Jedi were tought to be feared and everyone knew Vader was a Sith Lord. But everyone thought that the emporer was just a regular good guy... hence the fact that on Bakura everyone is really shocked that the emporer was murdered by a Jedi and that he was infact himself a Sith Lord

That pic is fake.

I'm pretty certain that it's been confirmed Palpatine and Yoda will have a lightsaber duel. That isn't really a big problem; after all, Sith Lords have had plenty of lightsabers, even in the movies.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I find his apparent lack of dental hygiene disturbing.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

That pic is fake.

Right. Darth Vader Dark Lord of the Sith shouldn't have a lightsaber either. The Sith are an offshoot of the Jedi so they can have lightsabers alright. :ninja:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.