How Extremely Good Do You Think KOTOR 2 Might Be?

Actually Multiplayer adds in a game a much longer gameplay life. Single Player games have 1 play in them at most, especially in a limited game such as KotOR 1 and presummably KotOR 2 is, while giving such games multiplayer capabilities allows it to have greater replay. The game experience can change each time you play it with a different group.

Actually Multiplayer adds in a game a much longer gameplay life.  Single Player games  have 1 play in them at most, especially in a limited game such as KotOR 1 and presummably KotOR 2 is, while giving such games multiplayer capabilities allows it to have greater replay.  The game experience can change each time you play it with a different group.

on the same line though, MP also tends to somewhat dilute the impact of the story in the game. While you may get some replayability beyond all the various permutations of the SP game, the overall story of the game suffers.

And I think that most people on this forum would prefer a stronger storyline than MP options.

EDIT: And I disagree about the '1 playthrough' concept of K1. LS and DS are two playthroughs right there, as well as the romantic options, slightly different male/female options and more. I've played through K1 at least five times, and I know lots of folks on these forums who have played through it more.

it really depends on what you prefer i do prefer rpg and never play fps and the only fps game i own is halo and to be honest i really enjoyed well mostly playing it with a frend on co-op so yeh i will be gettin halo 2 when it comes out i just really enjoyed it but i do think tsl will be better but thats only because i prefer rpgs someone who really likes fps will say that tsl wont be as good.

Actually Multiplayer adds in a game a much longer gameplay life.  Single Player games  have 1 play in them at most, especially in a limited game such as KotOR 1 and presummably KotOR 2 is, while giving such games multiplayer capabilities allows it to have greater replay.  The game experience can change each time you play it with a different group.

on the same line though, MP also tends to somewhat dilute the impact of the story in the game. While you may get some replayability beyond all the various permutations of the SP game, the overall story of the game suffers.

And I think that most people on this forum would prefer a stronger storyline than MP options.

EDIT: And I disagree about the '1 playthrough' concept of K1. LS and DS are two playthroughs right there, as well as the romantic options, slightly different male/female options and more. I've played through K1 at least five times, and I know lots of folks on these forums who have played through it more.

and if they did decide to put in mp it might shoot back development time a couple of months. we might not have gotten it till after RotS.

i can't wait till i get halo 2 personally...

chances are it will be a great game given all the efforts being put into it, and developers and moderator activity on forum, is promising shows they care about what we think and are open to idea's.

Believe Kotor2 will exceed Kotor1 by far and i think it might be a game worth playing over several times, since it sounds like theres alot of built options and story in it.

From what I hear, K2 will have a lot more interesting story features that could make the game an even better gaming experience than K1.

I pre-ordered it, something I have never done with any game before in my life.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

• 3 weeks later...

:cool:

From what I hear, K2 will have a lot more interesting story features that could make the game an even better gaming experience than K1.

I pre-ordered it, something I have never done with any game before in my life.

I never pre-ordered a game before either, but then again i don't know many people in Europe that do. (and i know alot of people outside of sweden)

Yes of course! The second game of a serie is always better because they have more experiences!

That's right!

Not always, i am afraid that most times the second game is usually worse

I disagree: BG2, Fallout2, Vampire (2) bloodlines, Half-life 2, pirates! (the new one), warcraft 2 and then 3, diablo 2 (hate diablo, but the 2nd was slightly better), age of empires 2 and as it seems right now K2.

Right now i can't think of more, but it'll come to me :)

It is not so revolutionary, and it rarely improves the original. PS:T, Starcraft have no sequels(and starcraft was a big hit), pirates is a remake, Bloodlines is not a sequel to redemption, half life 1 was better(gameplay) . Age of epires 1 was a joke. ANd the warcraft games are entirely new games. W3 is a RPS, not even a rts. Civilazation 1 was better, unreal 1 was better than 2, as unreal tournament, Beyond Kondor was better trhan return to Kondor, Bubble Boblu was better than 2, street fighter 1 was better than 2,3, 4 and so on, rise of nations had no sequel, and it was good, Master of Orion 1 is better than master of orion 2 and 3

There is hope beyond hope

It is not so revolutionary, and it rarely improves the original. PS:T, Starcraft have no sequels(and starcraft was a big hit), pirates is a remake, Bloodlines is not a sequel to redemption, half life 1 was better(gameplay) . Age of epires 1 was a joke. ANd the warcraft games are entirely new games. W3 is a RPS, not even a rts. Civilazation 1 was better, unreal 1 was better than 2, as unreal tournament, Beyond Kondor was better trhan return to Kondor, Bubble Boblu was better than 2, street fighter 1 was better than 2,3, 4 and so on, rise of nations had no sequel, and it was good, Master of Orion 1 is better than master of orion 2 and 3

You are a kidding us? Aren't you?

AOE wasn't a flop you guy! :(

Halo 2 is certainly not bad. In fact, it can is unarguably one of the best modern console FPS's ever. Better than Halo 1, in fact. But, it is perfect in a FPS sense.

While I have to agree that in the FPS sense it was very good, my problem with it was the storyline. They made such a big deal out of going to Earth and saving it. You were only there for 2 levels. How exciting.

There are plenty of things that are both good and bad about Halo 2, but it doesnt live up to the hype. In any sense. And to be honest, Im still going back and putting in Halo. Halo 2? It's stored away somewhere.

Yeah. Halo2 isn't that great. I prefer k2. The story rocks. The character interaction is very interesting this time around, far more so than the orginal's was.

My only real real gripe is atris is a blind fool, but otherwise it's all good.

Welcome to the Pink side of the Force

Revenge is a dish best served in a warm, pink tupperware dish!

Grrrr to Atris! Snooty, stuck-up little....

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

Civilazation 1 was better

Civ 1 was the first addictive pc game of many a user, so it has great 'nostalgic' value; but after Civ 2, one can't really go back to Civ 1 for an enjoyable game, with all those limitations. Civ 3, despite all the enrichments, probably isn't as immersive as Civ 2 had been for many people, though.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M