Happy Voting!

nik_bg

Vote Gilligan! He'd probably do a better job than anyone else who's running...

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

True, urging people to vote is a filthy democrat trick. Because if everyone voted in the US, Bush would stand no chance.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

"True, urging people to vote is a filthy democrat trick. Because if everyone voted in the US, Bush would stand no chance."

Proof? The population seems to be pretty uch split so I doubt that would change by any significant margin.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"True, urging people to vote is a filthy democrat trick. Because if everyone voted in the US, Bush would stand no chance."

Proof? The population seems to be pretty  uch split so I doubt that would change by any significant margin.

Thats just what I would expect an evil robot that has been programmed to try and persuade voters on internet forums and is working for Bush too say! <_<

:sorcerer:

I don't understand the sorcerer either, it just felt right.

I live in Ohio and it's been taking about and hour and a half to two hours to get their votes in this morning. One of my techs is has been in line since 7:00 and he's still not here at work (9:30). Because Ohio is supposed to be one of the swing states I think everyone is coming out to vote. A good thing, imo.

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

I voted this morning. They say my vote doesn't count in California, but I rather disagree. First of all, my vote is my voice and I am not only entitled to use it but obliged as well. Second of all, there are state, county, and local issues to resolve. As important as the commander-in-chief is, we can't forget other measures and positions to decide.

As for everyone in the United States voting... why should I want everyone to vote any more than I'd like everyone to understand the issues? Voting is good only when it's an educated vote based on a reasonable understanding of the choices at hand. Too much emphasis is placed on voting. I'd rather folks who haven't taken the time to contemplate the issues didn't vote at all.

For folks who have studied the issues, there is ample room for disagreement. It's not that a reasonable deliberation will lead every American to the same vote. Vote for Kerry or Bush (or any other candidate), but don't vote based on the hyperbole of the opposing party or unsubstantiated claims made by any person or group of people.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I voted this morning.  They say my vote doesn't count in California, but I rather disagree.  First of all, my vote is my voice and I am not only entitled to use it but obliged as well.  Second of all, there are state, county, and local issues to resolve.  As important as the commander-in-chief is, we can't forget other measures and positions to decide.

As for everyone in the United States voting...  why should I want everyone to vote any more than I'd like everyone to understand the issues?  Voting is good only when it's an educated vote based on a reasonable understanding of the choices at hand.  Too much emphasis is placed on voting.  I'd rather folks who haven't taken the time to contemplate the issues didn't vote at all.

For folks who have studied the issues, there is ample room for disagreement.  It's not that a reasonable deliberation will lead every American to the same vote.  Vote for Kerry or Bush (or any other candidate), but don't vote based on the hyperbole of the opposing party or unsubstantiated claims made by any person or group of people.

I was watching newnight last night and was kinda suprised by some of the adds that had been running. You would never see anything like that in Britain in the run up to elections.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

THe thing that this "high turn out" has all proven is that the voting system needs a major overhaul. If we the people were to "go out and vote" we'd bring the system to its knees. It's so antiquated, it's been designed with 50 - 60% turn to be a max. Heaven forbid if all people of voting age were registered AND voted. The chaos that would ensue would make 2000 debacle look like a picnic.

actually, i'll bet that the "high turnout" really isn't as high as they're estimating. people are worried there will be a high turnout so they're voting early rather than putzing around. we'll see, but i bet it's not much more than ever in the end... i'm not going till around 2 or so.

taks

comrade taks... just because.