The New Mandalore ...

Okay, this bit has been bugging me more than the "why would he join you" question. This may have come up before ...

If memory serves, it's Canderous who tells us that Revan (presumably still a "good" Jedi - but now I've got to wonder) is the one that shoves a saber through Mandalore, thus causing the disintegration of the various clans into mercenary/bandit rabble scattered across the Rim. With this in mind, how did this new dude come about?

I can think of a few ways of how a new leader would be largely accepted by military clans.

1. The first, and obvious being a duel to the death to claim the position (but the only person worthy would be Revan, since he's the only one with a "legitimate claim" in this manner - unless someone defeated him in the interim and was able to prove it to the Mandalorians at large).
  2. The second being a Rite of Passage for all would be Mandalores, involving several Trials and some such (kind of boring/passe once I stop to think about that actually).
  3. The third is a nomination/designation approach where the current Mandalore names a successor (generally ahead of time, like setting up a chain of command just in case the unforseen/undesired happens - and it would have to be in this case, since Mandalore's death was rather sudden and unexpected, at least for the Mandalorians).
  4. The last that I can think of is an open tourney challenge where contenders (much like the first above, except it's open to all deemed worthy) would settle by some kind of contest (most likely to the death) - but this last seems unlikely since the Mandalorians are scattered to the edges of the Galaxy and living like "dogs" - this we have from Canderous himself (although not in so many words :p ).

From the above, I can only guess that this new Mandalore is either:

• Revan himself (what better way than to go than to turn your former enemies into your loyal footsoldiers :lol: ) assuming the Mandalore title and forming his own personal army or acquiring a formidable ally (depending on what side and what approach he's using).
  • Canderous, either having passed the tests, designated/nominated by either Revan, or acknowledged by acclamation.
  • A proxy of one or more of the Dark Lords of the Sith, proven to have defeated Revan, or simply just too strong for the Mandalorians to contest the challenge.
  • Or more boringly, some run of the mill Mandalorian who just happened to rise above the crowd, singlehandedly reunited the disparate Clans, and declared/acclaimed the new Mandalore :devil:

I suppose this, like so many of my questions will be answered once I have the game. However, I'm just wondering if any of this has concerned others before me.

:p

Added Note: about Revan and his crusade. I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention in KotOR, but I've gotten to wondering if Revan and Malak found the Dantooine Star Map piece before or after the war with the Mandalorians. I always assumed it was after, but now that I think of it, I recall the people I spoke with mentioning Revan dropped off the Galactic Radar soon after the conclusion of the War (meaning he didn't have time to get back to Dantooine - just zipped off with half? the fleet into the Outer Rim) - also, Malak seemed rather young and largely in good health (ie. he wasn't missing his jaw :D ). This opens an entirely new, possibly sinister context to Revan's justification for engaging the Mandalorians. Was he corrupted even before the War? Did he discover the Star Map piece before his entry into the War and presented his desire to the Council to join it, just to discover the other pieces? And if that was the case, could the council have sensed ulterior motives and a sinister aspect either to the Outer Rims (obviously they felt somekind of evil vibe from what was said in KotOR) or more disturbingly, in Revan himself?

:ph34r:

*Cracks Neck*

Not all the Mandalorian became Mercs and Bounty Hunters. Canderous says those who didn't go to the outer rim, became those things. The Mandalorians who didn't went home, to Mandalorian Space. A Mandalore was soon chosen and he has ruled for the past 7 to 8 years. Hk-47 faught against him, and lost, and the Mandalorians on Kashyyk were sent there by Him.

It's not Canderous, it's not Revan. This Mandalore is just some Mandalore who had the right to take the title some 8 years before KOTOR 2.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

Also, in the comics, the new Mandalore was simply the first guy who found Mandalore's mask. No rite of passage, no trial by combat, just the guy who found the mask.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

*Cracks Neck*

Not all the Mandalorian became Mercs and Bounty Hunters. Canderous says those who didn't go to the outer rim, became those things. The Mandalorians who didn't went home, to Mandalorian Space. A Mandalore was soon chosen and he has ruled for the past 7 to 8 years. Hk-47 faught against him, and lost, and the Mandalorians on Kashyyk were sent there by Him.

It's not Canderous, it's not Revan. This Mandalore is just some Mandalore who had the right to take the title some 8 years before KOTOR 2.

couldn't have said it better myself.

*cracks knuckles*

-There is no Light or Dark. There is only Power, and those to weak to seek it!

-Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

-I find no joy in taking the life of someone that finds no value in it.

-If you only get out of life what you put into it,why not just keep it all to begin with and save a whole lot of waisted time and effort?

*Cracks Neck*

The Mandalorians who didn't went home, to Mandalorian Space.

I was under the impression that the Mandalorians didn't have a home to go back to anymore.

A Mandalore was soon chosen and he has ruled for the past 7 to 8 years. Hk-47 faught against him, and lost, ...

Actually this bit is probably the thing that throws me off a lot. I believe Revan constructed HK-47 after finding the Star Forge and sent him to ace Mandalore, proving that a Mandalore was at least inferred to be in existence somewhere. However this new Mandalore didn't seem all that impressive, since the Mandalorians were still largely scattered, and he didn't seem to command the complete loyalty of ones that weren't abroad.

... and the Mandalorians on Kashyyk were sent there by Him.

These Mandalorians I took as the bandit type, since they seemed largely pathetic and a rather cowardly lot (even though they are the ones that mention "following Mandalore"). Attacking unarmed individuals with cloaking technology doesn't seem like something a regular Mandalorian would be indulging in (this is supposedly the dude that took down HK? <_< ), but then again, they did get their heads handed to them on their own pikes earlier - so maybe they learned some humility (if not outright fear :blink:) ?

Maybe he just decided to crown himself such, but if this is the same Mandalore as the one I'm thinking of, then this dude is definitely not worth the time it takes me to spit him on my saber (if my PC was that kind of Jedi anyways, which he most certainly isn't :blink: ) - let alone allow him to join my party. I was hoping for a more formidable adversary/ally (depending on what circumstances we meet him).

*Cracks Neck*

The Mandalorians who didn't went home, to Mandalorian Space.

I was under the impression that the Mandalorians didn't have a home to go back to anymore.

A Mandalore was soon chosen and he has ruled for the past 7 to 8 years. Hk-47 faught against him, and lost, ...

Actually this bit is probably the thing that throws me off a lot. I believe Revan constructed HK-47 after finding the Star Forge and sent him to ace Mandalore, proving that a Mandalore was at least inferred to be in existence somewhere. However this new Mandalore didn't seem all that impressive, since the Mandalorians were still largely scattered, and he didn't seem to command the complete loyalty of ones that weren't abroad.

... and the Mandalorians on Kashyyk were sent there by Him.

These Mandalorians I took as the bandit type, since they seemed largely pathetic and a rather cowardly lot (even though they are the ones that mention "following Mandalore"). Attacking unarmed individuals with cloaking technology doesn't seem like something a regular Mandalorian would be indulging in (this is supposedly the dude that took down HK? <_< ), but then again, they did get their heads handed to them on their own pikes earlier - so maybe they learned some humility (if not outright fear :blink:) ?

Maybe he just decided to crown himself such, but if this is the same Mandalore as the one I'm thinking of, then this dude is definitely not worth the time it takes me to spit him on my saber (if my PC was that kind of Jedi anyways, which he most certainly isn't :blink: ) - let alone allow him to join my party. I was hoping for a more formidable adversary/ally (depending on what circumstances we meet him).

Mandalorians have an Entire Sector they call home. HK faught against the Mandalore who rose after the Mandalorian Wars, HK was defeated by him. He is very impressive, for he has to rebuild an entire Sector. Canderous says that some stayed in Known Space, while the REST went home. So because a Few stayed, doesn't mean, he doesn't rule the rest. There are still Clans and the rest of the Mandalorians who went home he rules over.

Now the Kashyyk thing is a point of View. For Mandalore, this is a guy who has to rebuild. He needs NEW weapons. So he test them on a race he believes is strong, and sees honorable. The Mandalorians he sent didn't like that Idea, and were kinda angry that they couldn't face the Wookies face to face. But it's a point of view.

This Mandalore is most likely the same Mandalore who ruled after the Mandalorian Wars.

*Cracks Neck*

Since we know NOTHING about this mandalore I think its kinda of stupid to just rule out the possiblity of canderous being the new mandalore, a lot can happen over a five year period. I still think that (and since no one has corrected me yet) that the title of mandalore can be awarded to just about anyone all they have to be able to do is kill the previous mandalore. Now since the one that was killed by revan the next mandalore would have had to more than likely just be the first one to find the mask. But I still think that Candy could have went bacck to "mandalorian" space and challenged the rulling mandalore for the title (after seeing the cowardly act of the various mandlorians during the game) and won in a death match.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

*Cracks Neck*

Since we know NOTHING about this mandalore I think its kinda of stupid to just rule out the possiblity of canderous being the new mandalore, a lot can happen over a five year period. I still think that (and since no one has corrected me yet) that the title of mandalore can be awarded to just about anyone all they have to be able to do is kill the previous mandalore. Now since the one that was killed by revan the next mandalore would have had to more than likely just be the first one to find the mask. But I still think that Candy could have went bacck to "mandalorian" space and challenged the rulling mandalore for the title (after seeing the cowardly act of the various mandlorians during the game) and won in a death match.

Canderous isn't like that. He doesn't desire power. Canderou would follow this Mandalore, like all the rest.

Canderous isn't like that. He doesn't desire power. Canderou would follow this Mandalore, like all the rest.

he may not desire power so much as want to restore the honnor and glorry to his race. I never saw canderous as the follower type of character, yes he followed the PC but that was because of the fact that the PC showed that he/she could handle them selves in battle, then he followed the PC once they found out they were revan because he respected/feared revan for killing Mandalore. So I think after his time with revan he would have either wanted to go back and kill the rulling mandalore either for power or because he wanted to restore the honnor to the mandalorian race. Also saying that the strongest mandalorian is given/earns the title of mandalore then canderous should have been more than strong enough to wipe the floor with the current mandalore. If he wasn't then I would think that we wouldn't be able to get mandalore until the final hour or two of the game mainly because he would be way to strong for a low level character.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

... Now since the one that was killed by revan the next mandalore would have had to more than likely just be the first one to find the mask. But I still think that Candy could have went bacck to "mandalorian" space and challenged the rulling mandalore for the title (after seeing the cowardly act of the various mandlorians during the game) and won in a death match.

There's that mask thing again. If Revan aced the "first" Mandalore (ie the one in the Mandalorian Wars), wouldn't he have realized the importance of the mask and stripped it off his corpse? Canderous mentioned that the Mandalorians were a shattered people after Mandalore's defeat, what better way to crush your enemy's fighting spirit by taking away their symbolic leadership (they took everything else away, why not the mask?)?

If I were Revan :D , I'd have stashed that mask somewhere for safe keeping, which would mean that this Mandalore is definitely a pretender to the throne. Probably why he isn't universally acknowledged by the other Mandalorians - either that, or they're doing a fine job of disseminating. Hmmm, could they just be pretending to be broken? Could the real Mandalore have doubled himself and sent his decoy to a death to fool the Republic (and sent another decoy to draw in assassins)? Seems rather convoluted, but the best way to fool the enemy is to fool your own people first (or so goes an old military axiom).

Of course, if Revan did take the original mask, then the only ones that would have access to it are Revan and possibly his crew from KotOR, or any of the Sith Lords that managed to either beat it out of him (HAH! Fat chance of that! :cool: - course I'm just biased :blink:" ), or somehow persuade/trick him out of it (again, something I think highly unlikely).

... Now since the one that was killed by revan the next mandalore would have had to more than likely just be the first one to find the mask. But I still think that Candy could have went bacck to "mandalorian" space and challenged the rulling mandalore for the title (after seeing the cowardly act of the various mandlorians during the game) and won in a death match.

There's that mask thing again. If Revan aced the "first" Mandalore (ie the one in the Mandalorian Wars), wouldn't he have realized the importance of the mask and stripped it off his corpse? Canderous mentioned that the Mandalorians were a shattered people after Mandalore's defeat, what better way to crush your enemy's fighting spirit by taking away their symbolic leadership (they took everything else away, why not the mask?)?

If I were Revan :D , I'd have stashed that mask somewhere for safe keeping, which would mean that this Mandalore is definitely a pretender to the throne. Probably why he isn't universally acknowledged by the other Mandalorians - either that, or they're doing a fine job of disseminating. Hmmm, could they just be pretending to be broken? Could the real Mandalore have doubled himself and sent his decoy to a death to fool the Republic (and sent another decoy to draw in assassins)? Seems rather convoluted, but the best way to fool the enemy is to fool your own people first (or so goes an old military axiom).

Of course, if Revan did take the original mask, then the only ones that would have access to it are Revan and possibly his crew from KotOR, or any of the Sith Lords that managed to either beat it out of him (HAH! Fat chance of that! :cool: - course I'm just biased :blink:" ), or somehow persuade/trick him out of it (again, something I think highly unlikely).

Well unfortunatly Revan not that Smart. For the Mandalore in KOTOR 2 has the Mask of Mandalore.

Well unfortunatly Revan not that Smart. For the Mandalore in KOTOR 2 has the Mask of Mandalore.

Perhaps Revan gave the mask to the Mandalore of his choice? Actually scratch what I said about taking the mask, I probably would have just sabered it several times, then melted the pieces to slag from prolonged contact with the 'blade' :blink: (without bothering to strip the mask off the corpse I might add :blink: ).

If this Mandalore is the same one from the Kashyyk reference, than he (from where I'm standing anyways) seems to cut a less than ideal figure for a Mandalorian leader. *shrugs* Still, it's best to give respect where it's due, since it never pays to underestimate a potential adversary (or antagonize a potential ally).

[EDIT:] A funny thought struck me, one that's probably been mentioned before (or at least a variation of it). The new "Mandalore" could be Sion or one of his proxies in the armor. The Kashyyk reference is what triggered this, more than likely, silly thought. Their pattern of behaviour seemed to match that of soldiers testing out new gear for assassinations (could even be Genoharadran - sp?), however, clearly not all of them were happy with the orders they were given. Maybe Sion and/or Mandalore have an association with the Genoharadran (who seem to be a Galactic Assassins Guild). If not, then Sion and/or Mandalore may be at odds with the Genoharadran (rival groups never seem to take well on the other muscling in on their turf).

Your theories are amazing SmkJaguar! :lol: 

Thanks, but those ideas were inspired from theories put forth by others in this forum. In fact there's several really good ideas floating around that caught my attention. :)

I wish more people would post their theories. But I like your theories and feel that they are plausible.

I think that if enough of us express our ideas, we'll eventually have all the pieces of the story (the important ones anyways). We just have to figure out how it all comes together. :p In anycase, I'd lay odds that we could outperform a room filled with monkeys at least. :lol: