Does this mean we get to keep our NPCs when DS?

Slightly spoilerish for those who haven't played KOTOR. But seeing that the PC can influence the alignment of quite a few of the NPCs mean we don't have to get stuck with minimal choices of NPCs for the final confrontation.

I really hated that in KOTOR1 when going DS, I wound up with less than half the original NPCs I gathered up for the final confrontation. It was too much of a penalty to endure for a DS choice that I have only finished DS once (though the force powers were way cooler).

I realize that some NPCs won't be in your party due to alignment and gender (??) considerations but as long as I can keep my roster of 10 recruitable out of 12 NPCs, it is okay with me.

part of going DS is betraying all your friends (of the light) .. It wouldn't be the same without the ability to kill those (preferably close to you) who cannot accept your true destiny! because then you are truely DS .. :)

Fortune favors the bald.

Slightly spoilerish for those who haven't played KOTOR.    But seeing that the PC can influence the alignment of quite a few of the NPCs mean we don't have to get stuck with minimal choices of NPCs for the final confrontation.

I really hated that in KOTOR1 when going DS, I wound up with less than half the original NPCs I gathered up for the final confrontation.  It was too much of a penalty to endure for a DS choice that I have only finished DS once (though the force powers were way cooler).

I realize that some NPCs won't be in your party due to alignment and gender (??) considerations but as long as I can keep my roster of 10 recruitable out of 12 NPCs, it is okay with me.

Did it really matter that much? All you lost was Mission (rarely used), Carth (Canderous was better), Jolee and Juhani (okay, one less Jedi in your overall party, since you now had Bastila to use). You could only have 2 other party members anyways, so it shouldn't have affected it much.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I saw an older gameplay movie with a Darkside PC fighting Mira so if you go that path you might not get to keep her.

That is a bummer. :devil:

Yea no need to worry, in the original KotOR, I saw Canderous attacking Carth and HK 47 on Taris. They do this to fool us.

If thats what they did then they went all out because there was dialog between the 2. Mira asked you why you went darkside.

Cand's reapeating blaster didn't fire any faster than a reguloar blaster :blink:

HK, fully upgraded by repair, wasn't much better than he was without upgrades :blink:

but then... carth had a crappy "be careful" personality, sometimes being to high and mighty, and other times looking like an ass :blink:

Well I guess everybody has a little wierd in em right?

-There is no Light or Dark. There is only Power, and those to weak to seek it!

-Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

-I find no joy in taking the life of someone that finds no value in it.

-If you only get out of life what you put into it,why not just keep it all to begin with and save a whole lot of waisted time and effort?

i have a feeling Mira is a goody bounty hunter....also i think the new characters look way more appealing then the OT kotor....take this for example..i think mission of all was the daggiest char...she wasnt appealing at all...zaalbar was a little boring too....and so was T3....T3 better be a lot more better this time around.....

mira looka appealing and i say Atton Rand looks more hunky then carth onasi did and hopfuly he wont complain like carth did....and atris looks more powerful then bastilla

It's the white hair, that's why Atris looks great (If I were a Jedi I'd have white hair... but I'm a Sith, so I'll die it red one of these days)

-There is no Light or Dark. There is only Power, and those to weak to seek it!

-Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

-I find no joy in taking the life of someone that finds no value in it.

-If you only get out of life what you put into it,why not just keep it all to begin with and save a whole lot of waisted time and effort?