Revan in KotOR 2

There should definately be something that says what happened to Revan (your character from KotOR 1, obviously) between KotOR 1 and 2. Perhaps a choice at the beginning of the game that says something like:

1. I finished KotOR on the Light Side.

2. I finished KotOR on the Dark Side.

and depending on what you pick, you get a cutscene that shows what happened. The cutscenes would probably play out as follows:

LS: Revan is killed in the battle against the new Sith Lords.

DS: Revan is overthrown and killed by the new Sith Lords.

but it would still be nice to see this. Not only would it be interesting to see how it played out, but it would also bridge the gap between KotOR 1 and 2, which always adds a lot to a sequal. I'd love to see if the rest of you agree, and I'd like to see an indication from the administrators as to whether or not this is a possibility.

Live forever or die trying.

jengaaaaux2.gif

I have in fact read many previews. I take it from your extremely snide comment that there is, heaven forbid, one that I haven't. I also take it that this one explains something about how Revan's fate will be determined.

Perhaps, instead of making obnoxious and gloating comments, guybrush, you could provide a link to this site so I could be enlightened. Otherwise keep your comments to yourself.

jengaaaaux2.gif

I have in fact read many previews. I take it from your extremely snide comment that there is, heaven forbid, one that I haven't. I also take it that this one explains something about how Revan's fate will be determined.

Perhaps, instead of making obnoxious and gloating comments, guybrush, you could provide a link to this site so I could be enlightened. Otherwise keep your comments to yourself.

I dont know specifics but i think there was something about old characters reappearing in Kotor2 depending on how you went through Kotor1, at least seem to recall reading about such why i naturally thought youd play Revan again, but exactly how this function i dont know, only read it in some info page about it, since i get newsletter about any knew starwars stuff, from being signed up in lucasarts forum :cool:

Revan had almost defeated entire Old Republec when he chooked to death on a cherry while trying to laughe like a true maniac while eating.

After his death a big fight for power among the Sith allowed the Old Republic to regain some fighting forces in what little territory it still controled. And there is where we are now.

Laughing like a maniac while eating is the ulimate skill of a true madman Sith.....

Bwahahahahahahahahaha! o:):lol:;)

ok what i meant was it looks like you are suggesting that there be an option to say whether or not you played light or darks side-which there is. It says this in every preview. Also they say revan's fate will be revealed

Though you do then go on to suggest that revan should die in a cutscene-which personally i don't like

The previews I have read so far say you get to choose whether you play on the light side or dark side. They say nothing about telling whether you played LS or DS in KotOR 1, or whether this will have an influence on KotOR 2. Again, perhaps you could direct me to one of these previews that I haven't read, instead of saying, "You're wrong!" without providing any evidence to back it up. I would be glad to be shown that I was wrong, and that, in fact, there is something out there about Revan's fate, but you haven't shown it to me.

You also misunderstand me about the cutscene. By no means did I suggest that Revan should die. It simply stands to reason that if Revan is not an active character in KotOR 2 (which I have seen no evidence of, unless, again, I'm missing a preview) then he's obviously not around anymore. KotOR 2 takes place only 5 years after KotOR 1, so the hero/villan of KotOR 1 wouldn't just drop off the face of the galaxy in that time. I'm simply assuming that Revan probably died in that time. It's the easiest and most logical explanation. I simply illustrated the cutscene idea using this theory. If Revan became a hermit in the Outer Rim, show a cutscene that depicts it. I really don't care--I was just saying that there should be a cutscene to explain what happened to Revan, and was using my theory of his death as an example.

And please, don't use your personal opinions to try and make me feel bad about what I posted. The fact that you don't like the idea of Revan dying will in no way affect how I feel about my posts. If you're trying to make me feel guilty that I thought Revan could die in a cutscene, or just bitter that I thought of it first, please don't try to make me feel bad about it. It's obvious that you misunderstood the entire post anyway, and that you'd rather gloat over the fact that you (apparently) know where it says something about the fate of Revan and express your personal distaste with my ideas than actually provide some information that might lead me in the right direction.

Please provide some of this information you apparently possess, guybrush, or stop posting in my thread.

jengaaaaux2.gif

Will the choices that I made in KOTOR influence KOTOR 2?

Yes. Early in the game, conversations will take place in which you will instruct the game, the outcome of your choices in the first game. The game will recognize this and will make the necessary changes in the dialogue/story line.

Will I see any old characters from the first game?

Yes. most old characters from the old game will be seen/mentioned if either alive or dead. However don

Will the choices that I made in KOTOR influence KOTOR 2?

Yes. Early in the game, conversations will take place in which you will instruct the game, the outcome of your choices in the first game. The game will recognize this and will make the necessary changes in the dialogue/story line.

Will I see any old characters from the first game?

Yes. most old characters from the old game will be seen/mentioned if either alive or dead. However don

jengaaaaux2.gif

You can nowere read any official about it! Surely!  :(

Should be pretty official if a developer comment on it, read a little above.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

:shifty::huh:

Heh.

If you like it or not, KOTOR was about Darth Revan. Plus people would be generally pissed if their "Widdle Wevan" was killed off. <_< I doubt very much that this is the end of our lady/lord Revan. :)

Fnord.

Id be seriously dissappointed if Revan is death, would make everything seem without a point, seems stupid if the force would try so hard to keep him alive just so he can die a little later, would make no sense.

Thought that there be some point to why the force interviened to save his life.