Chronicles Of The Old Republic?

Hi There

Some one was saying somthing about a series of stories called Chronicles Of The Old Republic? from what I beileve it tells you what happens in between end of KOTOR and start of KOTOR 2 isnt it the stories of Reven and his crew etc and if there is going to be a series or somthnig called Chronicles Of The Old Republic? where will theses stories take place ?? at the offical star wars site? KOTOR site? or at obsidian site right here? I just wanted to hear if it was true. Do any of you get what i'm talking about?

the only thing now from that timeline is from the comics of Exar Kun (and some on Ulic Qel-Droma and his selfimposed exile?) as far as I understand .. but writers always like to place their stories in a familiar setting (better sales) ;) so I wouldn't be suprised if someone made a book or comic about the time periode of the gap between, during and shortly before/after the games ..

Fortune favors the bald.

I remember Nur mentioning in one of his posts that there will be some books written in the Kotor timeline but if they occur before Kotor 1, between Kotor 1 and Kotor 2, or after I'm not too sure of.

That is correct. They plan on writing one or two novels set during the Old Republic era, but I don't think the books will necessarily be about Revan and the KOTOR game as we know it. It will probably closer follow the comic series.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10/29/news_6111893.html

This link says that there will be stories called the chronicles of the old republic put on the new kotor 2 website.

First time I've seen that. Interesting link. Good find.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

• 3 weeks later...

Chronicles of the Old Republic is a nice idea to present "Tales of the Jedi" comics'

storyline to those fans, who haven't read them yet. As a damned-by-other-users

dangerous fanatic I love this of course. Chronicles are describing events that took

place 1000 - 40 years before KOTOR 1 (Great Hyperspace War was 1000 years before KOTOR and Freedon Nadd Uprising 40 years) BTW in last Gamespy interview Feargus assured that hardcore fans will be satisfied, so you can only imagine how happy I am.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Freedon Nadd uprising?

I've never heard of a loose testicle uprising in the Star Wars EU, are you sure?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

This is how the comic book is named (but this uprising looks more like some military revolt)

I'll be nice for you and even give you a link to a special site:

Freedon Nadd Uprising free preview

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Yeah it's the same thing

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

It's a nice little addition to get people to know the timeline better. I'm hoping they will make some reference to all that in the game, though.

IMO the comics haven't aged too well, I have read them all and they are... old. Except for the 'redemption' series, I think only hardcore EU fans will like the comics.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Art is old (except Hugh Fleming covers) but storyline is great and epic.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Art is old (except Hugh Fleming covers) but storyline is great and epic.

Yeah, well. The storyline and the ideas behind it are pretty good, but some things are just... lame. Exar Kun being way too thuggish for a Sith Lord, for example. But it's a matter of taste anyway. They are an interesting read, if not as good as the 'republic' series. :-

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Republic is amazing! Duursema and Ching are true masters of the pencil!

BTW who do you like more? I prefer Ching for his Jabiim masterpiece although Duursema is almost as good in "Light and Dark" (Dooku looks there better than in the movies)

Tales of the Jedi could be a match for the Republic but when Gosset really shown class (masterful Redemption) the series was ended by Dark Horse so Gosset went with his constantly evolving talent elsewhere (his newest Red Star comics are better than Redemption+Republic million times!) I think that some idiots are responsible for killing series that began to look interesting.

Republic series in the beginning was rather lame - Twilight was first good comic and today when you compare Twilight to latest Duursema's achievements it looks lame!

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Since we've come in on the novels and such, i was wondering which books/novels with Mara Jade in them are worth reading? and should i read the original trilogy first? haven't done that yet sadly...

Iv'e actually only read a couple of novels from before AotC, i wanted to read them in a chronological order, but **rew that. Don't have the patience :-

In my opinion the best portrait of Mara Jade you have in Vision of the Future.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES: