KOTOR2 weapons

Not only can you use your fists, but there are some new weapons as shown as kotor2.com. The poisonous darts look interesting. I wonder whether they are shot from a primative blow gun or one of the ammunition for the wrist-mounted rocket launcher used by Mira. Personally, I think it would be fun going through the game using a lance or gamorrean axe.

If anyone knows any other weapons not shown on KOTOR2.. feel free to post it in this thread.

It's a star wars game, and your main character is a jedi (of sith). So heck it's just gonna be a lightsaber, and my party members will also be lightsaber wielding force users (if not --> vibroblades), just like in the first KOTOR.

I don't like the ranged weapons so much, the melee combat is one of the many great things about KOTOR.

I'll probably be using various melee weapons until I get a lightsaber, then just use that. I find that ranged weapons in KotOR just aren't worth it. They don't do that much damamge, and you miss much more often than with melee combat. It's also much cooler to have a lightsaber dual face-to-face than a blaster shootout across the room, when you're both just standing there.

Live forever or die trying.

jengaaaaux2.gif

Ah....with only the slightest twist of fate there would be lightsythes instead. Then somebody would say they want a sabre. Can you imagine?

Luke: Well what is it?

Ben: It's you father's lightsythe. It's a reapers weapon....not as clumsy or random as a blaster for a more...........brutal age......your too old to use it now.

The thing is... not only now are you still encouraged to use lightsabres... but the fact that there are so many new melee/range and hand-to-hand combat options suggest you can play the game differently for once. I mean if you've played lightsabre 50+ times in a row? Why not take a shot at something new. I know for sure I am makin a monk at least once.

id love to use a deathscythe  :( possibly made by ancient sith, so it can compete with a lightsaber, perhaps there will be some ancient sith blades, septors and other neat items to find on korriban  :("

I really like the idea of a deathscythe... they could even create a cool prestige class for it, I suggest a Sith Underlord or Sith Necromancer :p , which can draw powers from the undead to enchance his scythe with DS force power. He could also raise the enemies you kill in Mandalorian wars to do his bidding. GRrrrrrr >< Now I want to be a Sith Underlord. DAMN YOU!!! :D

As I was holding off levels at lvl 2 on K1, I was toting around with Zalbaar's Bowcaster until the distance was closed down...after which I'd whip out my trustly Prototype Vibroblade. Ah...Taris - good times, good times. *sigh*

Since you already start off as a Jedi in K2, there's no point to holding off levels so it will be:

vibroblade--->vibrosword ---->lighsaber. :-

manthing2.jpg

I'll certainly be giving the unarmed combat feats a go. :-

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Maybe there will be some shields you can put on your arms to stop vibroblades and lightsabers, you would need something or else they would just slice straight through you? But would be fun to kick some ****y sith wannabies with your bare hands while they are trying to wield their lightsabers just to show how powerful you are :-

I'll probably stick to light sabres... I can't imagine trying to take a huge monster - like the one shown in the one of the screen caps - with your bare hands! I mean, you would need a berserker rage and strength to pummel that thing.

Maybe there will be some shields you can put on your arms to stop vibroblades and lightsabers, you would need something or else they would just slice straight through you? But would be fun to kick some ****y sith wannabies with your bare hands while they are trying to wield their lightsabers just to show how powerful you are ;)

Sort of like the arm shields Durge used in the clone wars cartoon to fight OB1.