Feedback on Official KotOR2 site

Well, just thought I'd record some of my thoughts and impressions on what little I've seen of the new site.

First off, it seems we start off as a Jedi learner who has yet to pass the Trials to Knighthood. I suppose that's to be expected, but getting saddled with Kreia as a mentor is kind of a drag (Ick! It really is Kreia! :thumbsup:). Not that I have anything in particular against Kreia, it's just that I was so looking forward to completing my training under Revan, oh well :-" ). Still, have to be mindful to show Kreia the respect she's due (and there may yet be hope of meeting Revan later and getting trained in some uber techniques (w00t) ).

What I find really intriguing is the wall papers they have for download, as well as the opening title screen (the one with the lightside/darkside contrast of the characters). Each character depicted on one side seems to be the opposite variant of the other. Meaning, that White Haired Chick (not the Handmaiden - at least I don't think they're the same chick :ermm: ) seems to be the LS version of the Masked Sith Lord (and I don't just mean counterparts, I think they're being shown off as the same person! :o ). Of course that issue was discussed before, with a concept art of MSG and WHC duelling. To which I can only say - it may be that the MSG fighting WHC is a different person from the Masked Sith Lord (MSL) shown changing faces with WHC. Perhaps if WHC is LS, then someone else assumes the Mask of the MSL (becoming the MSG that fights WHC :huh: ). In anycase, I've always had the feeling that the MSL shown changing faces with WHC was distinctly feminine (although not quite the same shape, MSL has a narcistic chin and a thinner face; whereas WHC has a more rounded oval jaw and seemingly larger head - although that could just be her thick hair :ermm: ). While the MSG fighting WHC seems clearly masculine :blink: .

Also that handmaiden bit got me thinking maybe what lowiej said about WHC and Handmaiden (Handmaiden to a Queen perhaps?) being mother and daughter and/or one of them (WHC) being the Queen of Onderon is true. That quip about a Sith Lady looking like the Wicked Queen from Snow White seems to come to mind as well. If LS, the WHC is a benevolent queen with a Jedi servant, if DS she dons a mask and has an evil henchwoman?

All in all, this game seems to be taking on dimensions and a scope that goes beyond simple replayability. If these suspicions are true, than this game could very well have the most ambitious plotting ever :blink: ! This game would be more like several different games wrapped into one bundle, with the various choices spinning off an entirely different "what if" scenario! (w00t) (the kind of game I was hoping NWN would have in its official campaigns - the kind of game that a lot of people seemed to hope for in Fable) That just seems too much to hope for though ... :ph34r:

A great site. I really like how the questions that it asks eminate from the game. Your choices affect you and yur party.

Problem is, when I get full LS, it comes up with accept reward, I click it, and nowt happens. What is wrong? Oh well. Site still rocks anyway.

If you answer all questions with darkside answers, you get the picture of MSG with the title of Sith Marauder. Is that just coincidence or does it say something about his prestige class?

I noticed that as well. I don't think it is a coincidence. If that is so, then Sion is obviously the assassin and the female is the "true" Sith Lord....very interesting.

Sion looks to be the Marauder

Nihilis the Sith Lord

Female Sith looks to be the assasain

Atris looks to be a weapons master or possibly the watchman

Kreia looks to be a [Jedi master]

The hooded jedi/ handmaden looks to be either a watchman or the less likely weapons master

The titles on the pictures I think are just things stuck to the player out of 2 possible alignments not indications of that characters alignment

The site looks incredible with all the great graphics and interesting designs and the overall interaction

It says on Sion's char profile page that he is the Sith Assassin.

When you complete the DS on the page, your special reward is a picture of Nihilis and the title of Sith Marauder.

That leads me to suspect that the 3rd Sith (the female) is the Sith Lord.

I may be wrong tho

Indeed, it is directly stated Sion leads a band of assassins. Whether or not he is the Sith Lord with an assassin prestiege class specialty is another matter, given the fact that it is also stated he has superhuman vitality. Logically, since he leads assassins it only makes sense for him to be one as well.

As for the MSG (is it confirmed Nihilus is his name?), it is hinted that he is a Sith Maurader from completing the dark side options. Doing the light side options would reward you with Atris as a Jedi Master.

I noticed something else that's kinda interesting....Under the rating for the game it says Teen: Blood, Violence....but my copy of KOTOR just says Teen: Violence.

Just an interesting note..

I don't think there's any actual -blood-, per say. But there are a couple cutscenes that are more violent than anything you saw in KotOR1, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's what got that part added to the ratings label.

-Akari

Indeed, it is directly stated Sion leads a band of assassins. Whether or not he is the Sith Lord with an assassin prestiege class specialty is another matter, given the fact that it is also stated he has superhuman vitality. Logically, since he leads assassins it only makes sense for him to be one as well.

As for the MSG (is it confirmed Nihilus is his name?), it is hinted that he is a Sith Maurader from completing the dark side options. Doing the light side options would reward you with Atris as a Jedi Master.

To me (and perhaps others), it's a surpise that the situation isn't the reverse.. Yes, you can't really judge people by their looks, but Sion doesn't look like an assassin and "Nihilus" (better calling him that rather than "the mask guy", even if the name isn't confirmed) doesn't look like a marauder <_<. Then, again, we have NO idea of how strong "Nihilus" is, nor what kind of personailty he has...

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

I noticed something else that's kinda interesting....Under the rating for the game it says Teen: Blood, Violence....but my copy of KOTOR just says Teen: Violence.

Just an interesting note..

I don't think there's any actual -blood-, per say. But there are a couple cutscenes that are more violent than anything you saw in KotOR1, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's what got that part added to the ratings label.

-Akari

Grove. Who needs blood when you can crush someone internally with the force, anyways? >_<