Hey some of ur prayers may have been answered?

It's an alien.

See: Wacky Alien Physiology

See Also: George Lucas makes **** up.

"According to Lucus, not all wounds cauterize immediately, it depends on the wound and who it's inflicted upon. Humans cauterize quickly due to their chemical makeup and the effect the laser has on them, but with alien species it's difficult to know how they would react."

Movie Mistakes

Imagine you cut a big artery by choping somebody's leg with a lightsaber. Does the artery cauterize immediately or do you think the blood is still flowing?

ps: But I think our well known physics won't help much, last but not least because in our world a laser beam doesn't have a definite length.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

Did u guys notice in the game rating area it says Teen be cause of violence and BLOOD  so maybe dismemberment may be in the game after all. only time and bribing the devs can tell. >_<

Dismemberment, according to the ESRB site, would have to carry a rating of G for gore.

Blood just means realistic depictions of blood (aka, it's red)

Lightsabers caused blood twice in the movies:

1. Obi-wan cut off that guy's arm in the cantina (episode iv, not ii).

2. Luke cut off the snow monster's arm.

Both of these times there was blood from the wound, albiet not much, in keeping with the PG rating. The fact remains, lightsabers can cause blood.

Live forever or die trying.

jengaaaaux2.gif

Speaking of lightsabers and bloodless deaths, have any of you ever been irritated by the fact that in Return of the Jedi, Luke just swings his lightsaber at the guys on Jabba's sail barge and they just kinda fall, with no visible evidence of injury? We've seen lightsaber cut through flesh in episodes iv and v and in i and ii we've seen them cut through metal. In my opinion that scene in ROTJ made no sense and was unnecessarily tame. It's not like I'm saying they should have lingered on scenes of dismemberment, but it would have been nice to have a quick cut or something. This was the first time we'd seen a lightsaber take many lives in quick succession (before it was just the cantina, Ben vs. Vader, the wampa, and Luke vs. Vader). It seems like Lucas shied away from letting his creation do what we know it does when he realized how much violence it could cause. Maybe that's why all the bad guys in episodes i and ii are droids. The jedi can kick ass and still get a PG rating.

Lightsabers caused blood twice in the movies:

1. Obi-wan cut off that guy's arm in the cantina (episode iv, not ii).

2. Luke cut off the snow monster's arm.

Both of these times there was blood from the wound, albiet not much, in keeping with the PG rating. The fact remains, lightsabers can cause blood.

blood flies up at the bottom of the screen in the scene where they show Darth Mauls reaction to being cut in half, iirc

You mean in the final battle? Interesting...

Anyway, I was thinking that they hadn't actually changed the game mechanic, but had put blood in certain instances where it was needed for effect. For instance, you enter a murder scene and see a splotch of blood. I can't imagine some "red paint" would raise the rating, but I couldn't see how changing the game mechanics wouldn't...