Is there an Option to Recharge Items

Basically, whether you can recharge shields and droid upgrades in game. There were a quite few times I in KOTOR1 was wondering does this battle warrant the extra precaution of a shield etc that I kept deferring using them until the Starforge LOL.

At least in the BG series, you could recharge magical items by selling and buying them back from a store. I don't think money is ever really a problem in KOTOR games anyway but I really hated the fact that I kept being held back from going all out with the Carbonite Mark II projector when I wanted T3 to go trigger happy with it.

Agreed. I was really peeved in KOTOR to find that sheilds etc, ran out and could not be recharged.

You would think with all that advanced technology, that they could find some way to recharge things that used energy, or to install new batteries for them.

Tbh I didn't use the shields much in KotOR, except on Taris, with I thought was one of the best levels in the whole game. If you use shields more often though I can see why it would be useful to be able to recharge them, especially if you find a very useful shield (Echani Melee Shield, etc) and it runs out on you. In which case you can recharge it as soon as you reach an appropriate point in the game (the next settled area for example).

I use stims like a damn junkie...shields once in awhile. I never really knew what the stims did for me..I just get sticking them in my leg ever five seconds when needed.

Stims have drawbacks as well! I didn't use them as well as security spikes! They were booth preety pointless! Shields and grenades I horded like a hermit! Used them like no tommorow on the Leviathan and Star forge levels!

I use stims like a damn junkie...shields once in awhile. I never really knew what the stims did for me..I just get sticking them in my leg ever five seconds when needed.

Stims have drawbacks as well! I didn't use them as well as security spikes! They were booth preety pointless! Shields and grenades I horded like a hermit! Used them like no tommorow on the Leviathan and Star forge levels!

Grenades were great...never bothered with mines though. There was alot of useless things in the first game...I hope they've addressed this fully. The dozens of blasters only entertained me when I read their story.

I collected Thermal Detonators like they were going out of fashion :D They were by far the best grenade. Ion grenades were redundant after you gained the Destroy Droid Force Power.

Just out of curiosity, what did mines do? Trip the next unsuspecting schmuck who walked down the street?

Huh? What drawbacks? They last for 2 minutes and give a boost to your stats. I don't see any after effects like fatigue or anything like that after use. Best of all there were a lot of merchants selling them in unlimited quantities dirt cheap.

I don't think security spikes even worked in the PC version of KotOR. I used Grenades on groups of people, but I think they should be powered up a bit to make it more realistic, and it works both ways, because the AI liked to use grenades (I hate those grenades that make you stick to the ground). I also used the stims when I got to Malak, in my first fight anyway. At level 20, using one of each stim pack makes you almost invincible.

I think recharging items would be good, as well as having weapons (blasters) with limited ammo. You would have to recharge them, or buy new power packs. It would add another level of realism and strategy to the game. As an extra option, destroyable weapons would be cool. I mean that it would be helpful to have a feat that allowed you to target someone's weapons and disarm them/destroy the weapon, so you could take them alive and question them once you've beat them, or you can kill them in the fight. I like to have realistic options in games, and I think these would add greatly.