Cross Compatability?

I was looking through the faq and posts among other things and I havent seen anyone say that it would or wont. Since the game uses the same engine as Kotor 1, I thought it would be possible. Does anyone know? Personally I think it would be a ownage feature.

I have a question. Might be kinda a dumb, but what good would using a KotOR 1 saved game be for KotOR 2?

My guess some people think it would save them from having to answer the questions about KOTOR near the begining of KOTOR II.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I was looking through the faq and posts among other things and I havent seen anyone say that it would or wont. Since the game uses the same engine as Kotor 1, I thought it would be possible. Does anyone know? Personally I think it would be a ownage feature.

It's not happening.

One of the devs (Akari I believe) posted that they were going to try that originally, but ditched the idea.

I can't remember why, but it was a good reason as I recall.

That's why they have the conversation thing I believe.

im gettin tired of lazy ppl not findin out by looking. the first couple days i was in this forum i read other threads so i wouldnt have to bring up something that was already answered. but as u already read it aint happenin. if u read any previews of the game u would've known bout the convo part in the beginning.

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

No thats not what I ment, I was thinking of using the feats and new powers in the old game as well...

erm i dont think so that would probably mean bringing out a new KotOR or a patch to add new feats and stuff and i think all the attention is focused firmly on TSL :)

I remember one of the Devs saying long back that they couldn't look back on saved games form KOTOR because KOTOR wasn't desinged for it.

"Working for Davik was like driving a spike in the side of your head. Sure, you got something new up there, but in the end, you've lost something as well." - Canderous

"But I though Jedi weren't allowed to love." - Handmaiden

"But some do it anyway. We call it pulling a Bindo." - The Exile

I remember one of the Devs saying long back that they couldn't look back on saved games form KOTOR because KOTOR wasn't desinged for it.

Precisely, and add a new inventory system + enchanced renderer makes it a bit more difficult.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy