First Doctor Who Publicity Shot

Phosphor

Same with the woman although she reminds me of Billy Piper  :lol:

Hmm.. now how could that be? :wacko:

At any rate, I think Eccleston will be nothing short of brilliant as the Doctor. He's a tremendous actor with a great range of abilities. In the promo shot, he looks just like himself, there doesn't really seem to be a costume involved. Which is likely part of the point.

Is it her ?

Nope still cant think of him , can you name some stuff he's been in ?

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Is it her ?

That is indeed the lovely Miss Piper.

For those not in the "know" about her, she is probably most famous for once being married to a British DJ named Chris Evans who tried rather hard to be England's answer to Howard Stern, but failed miserably, mostly because he was a miserable little git, but also because he's a ginger!

As for the magnificent Mr. Eccleston, he can be seen in Shallow Grave, 28 Days Later, the TV series Cracker, the Nicole Kidman movie The Others, and the costume drama Elizabeth.

Oh, I know who all the other actors are, I just only ever saw a handful of episodes with them. As a kid I saw all the episodes with Baker, so to me, he'll always be the number one Doctor. And really, do any of the other Doctors have a voice as cool as Baker's? The answer is no.

I too preferred Tom Baker in the role as the Doctor. I don't really remember the Troughton years, unfortunately (I was only born in '67 after all), but I remember well the Jon Pertwee years. While Jon was good, I think Tom was the best. I tried to like his successors, but they just didn't have the same 'edge'.

Anyway, I hope the new series has some better production values - not only in terms of effects, which are important for any SF series these days - but in terms of stories, locations and acting.

Is it her ?

That is indeed the lovely Miss Piper.

For those not in the "know" about her, she is probably most famous for once being married to a British DJ named Chris Evans who tried rather hard to be England's answer to Howard Stern, but failed miserably, mostly because he was a miserable little git, but also because he's a ginger!

As for the magnificent Mr. Eccleston, he can be seen in Shallow Grave, 28 Days Later, the TV series Cracker, the Nicole Kidman movie The Others, and the costume drama Elizabeth.

That I did know. I havnt seen her since the days 'ol ginger worked for Virgin radio.

Thanks.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

He was also the villain in Gone In 60 Seconds

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Also Jude (with Kate Winslet), The Revengers Tragedy (Alex Cox doing Jacobean drama), the TV movie The Second Coming where he plays Christ, Existenz (by David Cronenberg, quite the spiritual sequel to Videodrome), Othello (a modernised update in which he played the Iago character to Eamonn Walker's Othello), 24 Hour Party People (about the Manchester music scene) and a bunch of British television film in general.

newlogo.gif

At least they can go up stairs now.  Man, I really like that scene in Remembrance of the Daleks.  The horror of the Doctor's face was classic.

I have a toy Dalek in the attic somewhere. It used to say exterminate ! Exterminate.

I'm sure I remember them having anti gravity units in some episodes thoug.

478327[/snapback]