KOTOR 2 STORYLINE

How do you guys think it will unfold? I'm new to these forums so if it's a repost of a topic...my apologies....but that's all, I'm very very excited to see how it unfolds but havent gotten ahold of any good resources for KOTOR 2 info, so I don't have an opinion on it yet...how do you guys think the Storyline will unfold....just peoples opinions or ideas, or if anyone knows somehting :)" share it hehe >_<

So.......let's see what ya guys are thinking...

Well I hope the story unfolds the way I envisioned in my theory. I see this game being the revelation of a bigger picture. What happened in Kotor was all planned.

If you remember talking to Canderous in K1 he tells you that the Sith came to the Mandalorians with an offer to fight against a worthy opponent. Who was this worthy opponent you ask... none other than Revan. I think the MSG was the guy behind it all. He started the Mandalorian War to weaken the Republic and turned Revan to the darkside so that he can attack the Republic to weaken it even more so that he could take over, brilliant plan in my opinion.

What I don't understand is what happened on the outer rim. If Revan was turned by the MSG then why did he claim the title of DLOTS and Malak as his apprentice instead of our new PC. Did the MSG tell him to take the title as part of his plan? Beats me.

However, I don't think the MSG counted on the Jedi capturing Revan and wiping his mind. That could have been a snag in his operation but not a big one.

I have no idea where Sion or the Lady Sith could have come from. There are a lot of holes in my theory but I stand by it. Nur Ab Sal absolutely tore it apart, so feel free to do so.

Well I hope the story unfolds the way I envisioned in my theory. I see this game being the revelation of a bigger picture. What happened in Kotor was all planned.

If you remember talking to Canderous in K1 he tells you that the Sith came to the Mandalorians with an offer to fight against a worthy opponent. Who was this worthy opponent you ask... none other than Revan. I think the MSG was the guy behind it all. He started the Mandalorian War to weaken the Republic and turned Revan to the darkside so that he can attack the Republic to weaken it even more so that he could take over, brilliant plan in my opinion.

What I don't understand is what happened on the outer rim. If Revan was turned by the MSG then why did he claim the title of DLOTS and Malak as his apprentice instead of our new PC. Did the MSG tell him to take the title as part of his plan? Beats me.

However, I don't think the MSG counted on the Jedi capturing Revan and wiping his mind. That could have been a snag in his operation but not a big one.

I have no idea where Sion or the Lady Sith could have come from. There are a lot of holes in my theory but I stand by it. Nur Ab Sal absolutely tore it apart, so feel free to do so.

Actually that's one of the most creative ideas for a videogame I've heard in a LONG time....it's almost something like SIdious would do, very manipulative...I like the idea...but yeah, this is what I wanted, first reply was what I didnt want in this thread haha, but ur reply was what I was looking for...good example...anyone else have any ideas?

Thats a good story mentioned above. Basically sequels havta try to beat the orginal.

In Kotor 1 we had:

*minor spoilers*

Unseen occurences. Bastila going darkside.

The big twist. Revan being you all along.

A world being created in a great time in the SW universe thats so little dabbled on.

*end spoilers*

I think this is gonna havta be topped. You can expect 1 outta those 3 to be in the next Kotor and thats the 'twist' part. Thats a good 'twist' mentioned above. Darn good. MSG being the phantom menace of it all. I mean its gotta be someone powerful enough to hold the Jedi in contempt, and the sith as well. Perhaps someone that wont be revealed till KOTOR 3 cometh. Since most epics in the SW universe come in a trilogy.

But good idea. Someone using both against eachother to weaken eachother while waiting on the sidelines for both to be weakened.

Good job!

Stay Cool,

SLM

Agreed. If those are the doings of MSG, it would suit the archetype perfectly.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I just had a crazy Idea....what if Darth Nihilus or w/e (MSG) was one of the Jedi on the Council on Dantoine or just one of the Jedi on the council on coruscant (SP?)....now dig this...he's the Sith that starts the mand wars, encourages Revan and Malak to go fight against the Mandalores, then hides out for awhile, then after the wars he lures Revan and Malak to the outerrim tells them of the starforge and Sith, but doesnt reveal he's the Sith Lord, so they take the mantle of Lord and Apprentice after they fall to the darkside, then they go out there and KOTOR 1 happens as we know it, and then Revan is confronted by this Jedi and he tells him that he has been the true lord of the sith, Revan tells the jedi tehy dont believe him and Revan goes into hiding (fate will be revealed) and THe Jedi (MSG) Fakes his death with a Sith Onslaught...then becomes the MSG to everyone and etc. and nearly wipes out the Jedi.....or something....I dunno I'm kinda trailing off hahahaa

That seems sort of like the prequals. Sidious set this whole thing up. Prehaps, MSG is somebody that was with the Republic and planned the whole thing. That would be actually funny. I like this, and hope whatever they do with the story is good. Other wise, alot of us might not be happy.

Evolutionary Development

Exactly, just like I said before there is more to KOTOR than meets the eye. I truly hope Obsidian uses a storyline like this (or something more creative) rather then the MSG (or whoever is the Sith Lord) was a former Sith that took control. The only thing that truly is not explained in this theory is what does the player character have to do with all of this. I think people are stressing more on Revan then what happened to the PC of KOTOR 2. I personally have a theory, but it is a rather lame one :D and would rather hear other people opinions on this. As for Sion and the Lady Sith I always assumed they were apart of the

Ok I had a theory a lot of ppl like I'll say it again.

Revan hires a merc named Atton Rand, his two pet droids Hk and Tm, I know they are not really pets but meh. He goes to Korriban to find out about his long lost past, and maybe find out why he turned to the darkside in the first place. On Korriban Revan discovers it and has a major break through that sends him into hysteria. THEN FROM THE SKYS THEY COME, the true Sith and the true Sith Lords, Revan takes up his light saber and turns a lot of them into mince meat. :thumbsup: However because there are so danm many of them he knows he can't escape, so he sends a voice message to Atton to get out off the planet and find (your PC). So Atton and the two droids who decide they don't trust him and lock him in a closet escape Korriban.

The Ebon Hawk gets into space and the droids torcher Atton for the fun of it while the Ebon Hawk's system's search for you. They find out were you've been slumming around, the droids set the course for that planet. And thats were the game starts. Then eventually Atton tells you what happened to Revan so your character decides to try and save him.

The only thing that truly is not explained in this theory is what does the player character have to do with all of this. I think people are stressing more on Revan then what happened to the PC of KOTOR 2.

My little theory about our PC is that Revan asked him originally to go to the outer rim with him but our PC refused so he took Malak instead.

I feel people stress about Revan because everyone has a strong attachment to the character. Brilliant military tactician, powerful and charasmatic... can make you adore a character.

Plus you shouldn't be scared to give your opinions, the only person I know who would attack might be Nur Ab Sal but he hasn't been here in a while. :thumbsup:

Obsidian has said in interviews that it would be much darker than KOTOR 1. My idea which probably won't happen because it will be unsatisfying is that the Republic falls to the Sith whether you're dark or light. If you're dark, the final cutscene is of you on the bridge of your flagship unleashing some planetary bombardment upon Coruscant. If you're light, you're somehow deceived into thinking you cornered MSG on a remote world. Upon killing him, you find that it was Darth Sion behind the mask, even though you thought you killed him earlier (he already should be dead so it's got to be pretty hard to make sure you've killed him). When you leave the Sith temple, you find your ship destroyed, leaving you stranded. Cut to MSG conquering Coruscant. In KOTOR 3, your character (someone new) leads a rebellion against the Sith, similar to the situation in the Original Trilogy. Maybe you come across some people from KOTOR 2 on that remote world. That's probably not going to happen though. I don't think Lucasarts would let the Republic fall for the light side as well. Although, I do remember a line from the movies saying that the Republic has stood for a thousand years. Not four thousand or more. IIRC it was just a thousand. Perhaps this isn't the same Old Republic as in the prequel trilogy. Perhaps there was a time of Sith rule in between KOTOR trilogy and then.

the only problem I can see with it is how did MSG know revan? I guess he could have been revans masters or someone who interacted with revan on dantooine. So saying he was revans master (since I don't think we know who revans master really was all) it could be that once revan fell he was taken back under the wing of his old master and even Malak didn't know about the MSG. So it would kinda fit. Now also saying that the MSG was still working with the jedi at the time (it would explain the mask) He wouldn't have been able to take control of the SF for himself at that time (possibly having other things he wanted to do before reveiling himself to the order as a sith lord). And when malak struck down revan (in the most cowardly act possible) he took the opertunity to convince the council that erasing revans mind would be the only way to find the SF before it was too late.

Its kind of a hole punched theory but it would still explain why if he is the sith lord and not the leader of the assassians he would wear the mask to hide his idenity. It would also explain why revan took the title of DLOTS (to hide his masters idenity).

anyway feel free to tear it to shreads as I am sure some are frothing at the mouth to do so. :thumbsup:

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

However, I don't think the MSG counted on the Jedi capturing Revan and wiping his mind.

The Jedi didn't wipe Revans mind, it was damaged in the attack by Malak. The Jedi had 2 choices, give Revan a new mind or let him die.

Or they could have given him back his old mind :p That also was an option. True his mind was damaged but if they revived him his mind would still be intact.

Plus it is said that the Jedi did wipe Revan's mind, the Jedi say it and so does Malak and even Carth.

However, I don't think the MSG counted on the Jedi capturing Revan and wiping his mind.

The Jedi didn't wipe Revans mind, it was damaged in the attack by Malak. The Jedi had 2 choices, give Revan a new mind or let him die.

Or they could have given him back his old mind :p That also was an option. True his mind was damaged but if they revived him his mind would still be intact.

Plus it is said that the Jedi did wipe Revan's mind, the Jedi say it and so does Malak and even Carth.

And Bastila says Revans mind was to badly damaged to be restored.

I think Bastila meant that what little there remained of Revan's mind i.e. his/her memories of the Star Forge was all that could be saved. The tattered fragments of personality was removed by the Jedi Council.

I also thought that as DS, Revan and Bastila discover some hidden power in Korriban and leave to find it. While gone, their generals betrayed them to the Sith Lords, who finally emerged out of shadows from manipulating Revan and Malak - like Jedi Master D Murda's theory. I also believe that one of the Sith Lords was Revan's Sith Master while he/she was still a Jedi.

This is because Zhar mentioned that Revan was interested in learning Sith magic while still at the Academy, so I believe Revan was learning secretly from one of the Sith Lords. However, the Sith Lords did not count on Revan becoming so powerful to take the mantle of Dark Lord from them. When Revan turned his/her attention from conquering the Republic, the Sith Lords took their chance to usurp his/her rule.

I think Revan met your exiled character while in the Outer Rim and convinced him/her to return. That's how your character ends up on the Ebon Hawk.