Game Mechanics question for AKARI

Akari I'm not sure if this was a bug, per say, or an actual rule: In KotOR, the AC bonus derived from casting Master Speed and Force Armor did not stack, but was capped at +10. Additionally, if you wore any time of amor ( including robes), you lost an addition 3 points of theoretical AC points.

Has this been changed/fixed for TSL?

Thanks.

manthing2.jpg

Akari I'm not sure if this was a bug, per say, or an actual rule: In KotOR, the AC bonus derived from casting Master Speed and Force Armor did not stack, but was capped at +10.  Additionally, if you wore any time of amor ( including robes), you lost an addition 3 points of theoretical AC points.

Thanks.

It looks like if you use both of them, you get a bonus of 10, yes.

The breakdown in script is:

+4 for Master Speed

+6 for Force Armor

So yeah, it'll add up to 10. ;)

Wearing a robe didn't seem to cut into the bonus though, I had the same +10 to Defense with or without the robe.

Wearing armor kept me from casting Force Armor, so I was only able to get the +4 bonus from Master Speed.

Hope that answered your question!

-Akari

Akari I'm not sure if this was a bug, per say, or an actual rule: In KotOR, the AC bonus derived from casting Master Speed and Force Armor did not stack, but was capped at +10.  Additionally, if you wore any time of amor ( including robes), you lost an addition 3 points of theoretical AC points.

Thanks.

It looks like if you use both of them, you get a bonus of 10, yes.

The breakdown in script is:

+4 for Master Speed

+6 for Force Armor

So yeah, it'll add up to 10. :)

Wearing a robe didn't seem to cut into the bonus though, I had the same +10 to Defense with or without the robe.

Wearing armor kept me from casting Force Armor, so I was only able to get the +4 bonus from Master Speed.

Hope that answered your question!

-Akari

Shouldn't wearing the robe, add the robe AC to the +10 you get from the buffs? Thsi didn't happen, I don't think. ;)

manthing2.jpg

On a side note. If an enemy made a saving throw it would stay up the whole turn. This is troublesome if you don't know what the symbol is for the attack you want to do. Not too bad for Force powers but I couldn't tell if I was selecting HK's flamethrower or stun beam weapon.

Well, doesn't Master Valour give a defense bonus too?  If so, would casting that along with Master Speed and Force Armor still cap at 10?

Valor adds attribute bonus, the side effect of which is higher dex which may grant a higher dex bonus to your AC. I just tested it now and they all stacked fine, so there doesn't seem to be any hard cap. :)

-Akari

[Valor adds attribute bonus, the side effect of which is higher dex which may grant a higher dex bonus to your AC.  I just tested it now and they all stacked fine, so there doesn't seem to be any hard cap. :devil:

-Akari

Akari, do you know if the manual will explain this type of thing in greater detail? Because the manual that shipped with KOTOR 1 was pretty much useless in terms of information.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Akari, do you know if the manual will explain this type of thing in greater detail?  Because the manual that shipped with KOTOR 1 was pretty much useless in terms of information.

I have no idea, unfortunately. I don't know what's going on with the manual. :blink:

-Akari

You need to bother some people who know these things to start posting. Not that we don't mind you being the only vocal dev :)

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I have no idea, unfortunately. I don't know what's going on with the manual.  :-

-Akari

They should pay you a bit extra to write the manual, since each time you've been asked to explain something, your explanations were clear and understandable. Unlike the KOTOR 1 manual, which didn't seem to tell you much more than the absolute bare bones basics.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)