items

i think its stupid that you can take bastilas lightsaber from her before ur a jedi, and give her a sword WTF you can also take off thier clothes. i think that the npcs would have things that they wont do like E.G take off thier clothes in front off you E.G take THIER lightsaber and use it. thats their weapon they made it duh

ya but you took her lightsaber away, and gave her a sword, a lightsaber is the jedis personal weapon, made with the blood, sweat and tears of that personal jedi, and you take it away just like that, and they dont even care COME ON E.G. you think long and hard to make your signature, and some1 copies it, or you look on the internet to find the right avatar, and some1 steals it!!??!!?? now tell me if some 1 did that you wouldnt care

Well they're going to make us work for out light saber this time, unlike last time where i had over a 30 lightsabers at the end of the game.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

i think its stupid that you can take bastilas lightsaber from her before ur a jedi, and give her a sword WTF you can also take off thier clothes. i think that the npcs would have things that they wont do like E.G take off thier clothes in front off you E.G take THIER lightsaber and use it. thats their weapon they made it duh

So?... This is an RPG. You're allowed to have them change equpiment...

The only thing I'd change is to limit the number of lightsabers available throughout the game.

In KOTOR, I felt there were too many lightsabers you could collect. At one time I had something like 10 or more lightsabers in my inventory, and that's NOT including the ones my character had equiped.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Or make lightsabers non-sale items. The fact that in "real" Star Wars, you can't purchase lightsabers from a merchant, it made it rather funny to be able to gain credits by selling off your excess lightsaber stash.

But overall, less lightsabers available would be the best option. At MAXIMUM, there should be enough lightsabers throughout the game where each of your Jedi in your party can do the double-handed thing. No more than that. So, if you take KOTOR's party as an example, there should have been no more than 8 lightsabers TOTAL in the game, with Revan, Bastila, Juhani and Jolee being the party Jedi.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Or make lightsabers non-sale items.  The fact that in "real" Star Wars, you can't purchase lightsabers from a merchant, it made it rather funny to be able to gain credits by selling off your excess lightsaber stash.

But overall, less lightsabers available would be the best option.  At MAXIMUM, there should be enough lightsabers throughout the game where each of your Jedi in your party can do the double-handed thing.  No more than that.  So, if you take KOTOR's party as an example, there should have been no more than 8 lightsabers TOTAL in the game, with Revan, Bastila, Juhani and Jolee being the party Jedi.

So in your opinion it makes perfect sense that lightsaber would "become one with the force" after you slay its owner,eh. :shifty:

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

Oh ya and when you sold the "extermly rare" lightsaber the merchant would give you 60 credits

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

So in your opinion it makes perfect sense that lightsaber would  "become one with the force" after you slay its owner,eh.  :p

It makes more sense than having a few dozen lightsabers floating around. When Obi-Wan defeated Darth Maul, did he pick up his lightsaber? No. When Vader defeated Obi-Wan, did you see him pick up Obi-wan's? No.

Besides, in terms of item accumulation, I find it more "realistic" that only tough enemies (ie. end bosses, sub-bosses) should have lightsabers that can be acquired. The minions should just have stuff like credits or lightsaber crystals or robes.

What we wont have trophy in KOTOR2?, and to the Vader dident pick up light saber and obi after darth maul remark, it was a movie in movies you shown the things that needed not details, doubt any audience would wanna see sith pick up light saber 10 times during a movie because he was trophy collector, really movies in some degree serves a valid argue but in this case i dont agree.

Or that looting the dead could be considered a more DS thing...

That would actually be intriguing.

Something like: if the item is "quest related", such as a notepad or information or even components to improve your lightsaber, then a LS Jedi can pick it up without DS points. But stuff like credits or blasters, stuff a Jedi doesn't "need" (they carry lightsabers after all), anything that can be used for financial or personal gain would warrant DS points.

Yah I'd thought about that also...makes the pain of being a jedi much more realistic...especially since you're broke alot. I got this idea by thinking taht the jedi would repect the sith enough not to take their lightsabers (even though they're enemies), but the sith would just loot corpses right and left.

Yah I'd thought about that also...makes the pain of being a jedi much more realistic...especially since you're broke alot.  I got this idea by thinking taht the jedi would repect the sith enough not to take their lightsabers (even though they're enemies), but the sith would just loot corpses right and left.

I think a Sith or Dark Jedi would take a defeated Jedi's lightsaber as a "trophy" of conquest.

Either way, it'd be a neat little addition. But it might be too difficult to determine what "loot" falls into the "quest related" category and the "personal gain" category. Too much grey area, IMO.

Think sith take alot of pride in killing jedi's since they are there most hated foes, and i dont think it would be unlikely that a sith might take a Great jedi lightsaber as trophy if he defeat him.

Since sith power structure is based on the strongest, trophies of powerful jedi's killed may cause enough fear in other not to dare challenge them less they had the power to.

But who knows for sure but i just think sith keeping trophies if they have time to pick saber up is likely.

Or that looting the dead could be considered a more DS thing...

That would actually be intriguing.

Something like: if the item is "quest related", such as a notepad or information or even components to improve your lightsaber, then a LS Jedi can pick it up without DS points. But stuff like credits or blasters, stuff a Jedi doesn't "need" (they carry lightsabers after all), anything that can be used for financial or personal gain would warrant DS points.

Wait didn't the jedi bet on a little kid risking his life in episode one? You're Jedi not paladins. You should get a DS point for needlessly killing a peon or killing him for his stuff not for taking thing from people that no longer need it.

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

Wait didn't the jedi bet on a little kid risking his life in episode one? You're Jedi not paladins. You should get a DS point for needlessly killing a peon or killing him for his stuff not for taking thing from people that no longer need it.

Considering the reason they "bet on a little kid" was because he was believed to be the Chosen One. It wasn't just a sudden urge Qui-Gon had and said "you know, I'm bored. Lets bet on a kid and see if he'll get turned to bug squash".

Looting a dead corpse for extra credits and trying to secure a kid's freedom who is believed to have enormous power are two separate things.

Or how about if a lightsaber was a lightsaber?

Think in a way this discussion if pointless, why dont people who dont like it just stop picking them up, seems in logic that you should be able to pick something up that drops, ofcause if damaged it would be of little use but it would still be possible to pick up things that not broken.

If or not you can sell them isnt really a concern of mine, if or not its a option just dont see any reason why pickup choices should be restricted that much.