master to appretice

does the apprenticeship go like this?

yoda>dooko>qui gon jin>obi wan>anakin

v---------------------------------v

luke

and if so who was yodas master, i was thinking if yoda was 900 years old maybe his master was a apprentice to someone in the kotor 2 or kotor days, maybe master vandar is yodas great great great great great great great great great great master

does the apprenticeship go like this?

yoda>dooko>qui gon jin>obi wan>anakin

v---------------------------------v                                       

luke

and if so who was yodas master, i was thinking if yoda was 900 years old maybe his master was a apprentice to someone in the kotor 2 or kotor days, maybe master vandar is yodas great great great great great great great great great great master

Well, Yoda was in his last lengths so i suppose that his species max lifespan is around 1000 years so....

Yodas masters masters masters master would be arround in KOTOR 1/2 times.

IF they all were Yodas species of course.

Might be Master Vandar.

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

Obi Wan failed as a master since his pupil turned to the dark side and he never trainned another apprentice save Luke for a little.

Yeah, but from a certain prespective as ObiWan would say, he didnt do wrong training the "Chosen One" hehe.

Vader in the end did bring balance back in the force when he chunked the Emporer making him do a swan dive down some energy shaft of some sort.

If not Vader, someone else woulda just been the Emporers puppet.

Now I doubt in real perspective Obi Wan figured "Hey, i'll train Anakin, he'll go darkside for 30-40 years but before he dies, PADAM, he'll turn".

I would still call Obi Wan a master regardless if Anakin turned light or dark. The fact that he trained the most fierce force using Jedi/Sith in the STarWars movie to be the best.

Stay Cool,

SLM

Don't forget that anakin had choices as did they all. Therefore Anakin CHOSE to the path the quick and easy path. Obi-Wan CHOSE to honor his master's last request to train the boy. So you see it is all about the choices they made. And with every choice, whether good or bad, has consquences. In this case the choices anakin makes sends him down the path to destruction.

only one philosophical question: are you sure they had a choice??

like bas says in kotor: if the force is involved, there is little choice (writing from memory).

as far as i think, sending pubers into war especially when they're as sensitive as anakin is through his force connection, is simply asking for trouble....

I just believe that if Qui Qon (or whaterver) had trainned Anakin, then he wouldn't have fallen to the Dark SIde.

That is still not a sure thing. Because as I said anakin had to make his own choices. That is what this whole LS/DS thing is about. The choices that are made by the individual determines what path they take. One can choose toget angry. But "...anger leads to hate and hate leads to suffering." Therefore you can choose toget angry hense the path.

like bas says in kotor: if the force is involved, there is little choice (writing from memory).

as far as i think, sending pubers into war especially when they're as sensitive as anakin is through his force connection, is simply asking for trouble....

There is always a choice. The only thing that is really sure is death. Everyone dies. But you can choose, to a certain extent, how you die. You are either a man or a women, there is nothing in between. For the most part you do have choices.

You are either a man or a women, there is nothing in between.

Hmmm thats debateble :rolleyes:"

ON TOPIC: Anakin had a choice, the temptation was there, but if the individual doesnt have the strength of mind or morals to resist they are history, it is also up to the master to spot what is happening (blatently obvious) so in a way obi wan failed to.

Obi Wan was promoted to Jedi Knight at the end of Phantom Menace.

And regardless of Anakin, they made him whiney little brat cause thats how Luke is. And since Luke was made first in the movies, and is supposed to show similar actions to that of Anakin, they made Anakin that way.

Obi Wan admitted that perhaps he shouldnt have went against the council to train Anakin, but did anyways. However...

Anakins main shove into the darkside was his mother dying. Regardless if QuiGon or ObiWan, Anakins mother would have died either way. Some of the Jedi look at the force differently.

Stay Cool,

SLM

it was not obi-wans fault. qui-gon was supposed to die that day so that obi-wan would train anakin and anakin was supposed to fall. and obi tried to stop it but he couldnt. it was anakins fault he looked at obiwan as a father not as his master or teacher. shmi dieing was a big push towards darkness and sidious manipulating things didnt help. i think that the froce wanted this to happen, it wanted the jedi to be destroyed because they had become stagnant and had forgotten about their real duty. they had become pawns of the senate they werent wut the force wanted them to be so it destroyed them and made them stronger.

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

There is always a choice. The only thing that is really sure is death. Everyone dies. But you can choose, to a certain extent, how you die. You are either a man or a women, there is nothing in between. For the most part you do have choices.

And then there's Atton Rand... :)"

manthing2.jpg

Heres an interesting point Luke managed to be successful were Anakin failed miserably. He resisted the dark side to the point he almost died from that shriveled prune of a sith. Realizings his son's dedication to the light side Vader finally understood that the light will always be stronger then the light. The thing that seperated Anakin from Luke was that Luke made the choice to save his friends and his sister. Friends and Family are things that Anakin didn't really have any so he had nothing to hold on to.

In the first Jedi Knight game Kyle becomes a Sith but his love for whats her face brought him back. Then in Outcast when he thought she had died he snapped and almost went to the Dark side to avanenge her. But when he found out she was alive he lost any hint of the Dark Side within himself. So my theory is that Love lost can lead to the Dark side, thats probably why the Jedi Masters don't wany Jedi to love. But, love found can bring people away from the dark side, Bastilla if u went light and followed the romance path. So realizing his son's unconditional love for him Vader was thrown back to the light. And well ya enjoy (w00t)