Lightsabres

From the screen caps and previews, it seems that there are alot of Sith jedi out there. But I was wondering, and please forgive me for my ignorance, is lightsabre usage really only restricted to Force users? Or in the star wars EU universe i.e. movies or books, do they mention people non-Force users wielding lightsabres?

If a person without proper training uses a lightsaber will hurt themselves...The blade is weightless so it wont require much to swing it...Jedi and Sith are trained to use these weapons in a way they wont kill themselves cause an injury to others..So in a way yes.If someone like Carth tried any mess with a lightsaber like Count Dooku did in EP 2 he would be dead...He would of lost his head and legs lol

and non-force users would have more trouble deflecting shots and fighting in a duel because they wont know where their opponesnts next move is gonna come from

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

and a lightsaber identifies you as a Jedi .. and although theres no indication of it, I think alot of people don't particularly like jedis (criminals etc) so if you wield one and seems like a idiot while doing it .. you will probably be killed by others if you don't kill yourself first! :thumbsup:

- Rosbjerg

Fortune favors the bald.

Lightsabers are more dangerous than usefull to the wielder and are very difficult to master. Because of that, only Jedis (with the help of the Force) can effectively use them.

Though I have read that Boba Fett had a lightsaber and even challanged Vader! Apperantly he lost....

he got the saber from someone he killed and boba and jango were very skilled warriors but he pry wouldve hurt himself still

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

Sabers have been used by non-jedis in eu, but it's really rare.

The saber issues alot of small vibrations and along with its weightlessness, it's really hard to control without the force.

Interesting, I didnt know about the vibrations.... And its realy hard to control the blade without the Force, you say? Sounds true....

General Grevious can and does wield lightsabers W/O the use of the force. Several at a time, actually.

See the Clone Wars shorts

Hell, Luke (W/O training) fights a little probe thing without killing himself.

Notice those people were unusual.

Plus Luke had the force guiding him. Notice he failed with eyesight.

i think if you train hard enough everyone can get used to the fact that the beam is weightless ... the biggest problem is controlling your movements. I dont know how many of you actually have sword at home.... but try to compaire this: you're used to 2-4 kilos of steel to fight with and then u take a knife and start skirmishing with that, then see how much control you got left.

i think if you train hard enough everyone can get used to the fact that the beam is weightless ... the biggest problem is controlling your movements. I dont know how many of you actually have sword at home.... but try to compaire this: you're used to 2-4 kilos of steel to fight with and then u take a knife and start skirmishing with that, then see how much control you got left.

I've done that and I know exactly what you're talking about...

Abou the training thing...I'd agree to a point. From what I've gotten it's alot harder for a non-force user to learn + I got an idea that a non-force has infinitely less maximum potential...

Abou the training thing...I'd agree to a point. From what I've gotten it's alot harder for a non-force user to learn + I got an idea that a non-force has infinitely less maximum potential...

sure thing, i'd like to see you deflect bullets with a sword.... good luck buddy (w00t)

ill call the paramedics :)

sure thing, i'd like to see you deflect bullets with a sword.... good luck buddy (w00t)

ill call the paramedics :)

I meant that I'd tried fighting around with a sword (practicing actually) and it feels so wierd when you switch to a dagger (particularly if you keep the same grip and stance).