What are your expectations of TSL?

Do you expect TSL to be...  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Do you expect TSL to be...

• Better than KotOR
    • As good as KotOR
    • Worse than KotOR

While KoTOR was good, there were things that could have been better.

More conversation between party NPCs, and the ability to turn them to the Dark Side, (or the side of goodness and fluffy bunnies), would have made it better.

I'm hoping, (really, really hoping), that the storyline for TSL will be as good, and if the NPCs are as good, and the interactions even better, I hope it will get me over the fact that it looks and plays exactly the same.

I have low hopes for the minigames, I was bored with each in under 30 seconds, and I know that they won't have changed very much. (Actually taking the Turret game out completely might be a good idea).

From the preview movie clips the graphics are similar but i can see the tweeks i think overall and the new bits and pieces put into it intriguing me just a taste of the darkside for kotor2 to wet my apetite lol. The choice of many chars to join u ls ds affected is kool party split up adds so much more to the game. and the fight scenes look better than kotor 1. mini games i dislike cause i was never any good at them my best time on tattoine was in the 22:70's and i had to beat 22:50's i think.

I think TSl will be as good as the originally, hopefully better.

I must be one of the few who actually liked all the minigames - yes even that monotonous turret game. I enjoyed playing Pazaak because it gave me a gambler's high similar to one in real life, too bad I couldn't bet Zaalbar or Juhani. I also enjoyed the swoop racing because of the prestige of becoming Taris, Tatooine, and Manaan champion, and once you got the hang of the track, you could beat the best times with a few tries.

I hope in TSL to get to know my NPCs better with more subquests. I also would like to experience the cities and areas better by having standalone quests that we could do for money or experience. And I want cutscenes with a more movie feel to them - with nuances in the scenes that you have to watch carefully for.

from the sounds of things its gonna be better. i like the darker story line, the multiple sith lords, more than 10 possible npcs, korriban isnt a nice place to visit and other things like the master apprentice relationship. it sounds a lot better than kotor to me

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

I think it will surpass K1, or at least I hope so. They have flowing robes, and hooded robes... what more can I ask for!!! (w00t)

The game will be as good as it's story. There need not be no big twist for a good story so hopefully that will be the case here.

With the additions of new feats, force powers and a whole bunch of other things I think that K2 will be very good.

anyone think it can get game of the year? i mean theres some tough competition this year but i think its got a good chance

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

TSL will surpass its predessor in the technical side of things(graphics, sound etc.), and will enhance certain areas of gameplay(more classes, more NPC interaction etc.). However, it will most likely lack the inspiration and excitement of the original. This holds true for most sequels, though there are exceptions(and i pray TSL will be one of them)

I still reckon it's still going to be a good game and i will buy it.

true ..

when I think of great sequals I always think of the BG series! I loved every one of them .. and I hope TSL will bring me as much enjoyment as any of those games!

and I will settle for nothing less .. (hope I won't be dissapointed) :ermm:

- Rosbjerg

Fortune favors the bald.

i am afraid we'll be a bit dissapointed in the storyline.... but i am still gonna buy coz playing kotor over and over again (about 20 times now) starts to get boring so i want new areas and enviroments to kill in (w00t)

As most sequels I expect KOTOR II:TSL to FAIL miserably.

It'll probably be inferior to KOTOR.

This is based on the fact that the main changes are prestige classes and level cap increase(which usually is used in the attempt to hide the fact that the STORY can't carry the game).

Not that the story in KOTOR I was that good, but the HYPE on KOTOR II is greater as are our expectations and therefore it'll be more difficult for the game to live up to them.

hence, we'll be disappointed with it.

I hope i'm wrong...

...but hoping seldom makes it so.

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.