When can you tell us what Project X is?

We plan to be the first company to announce the project after it's on retail shelves.

well, at least that response wasn't as vague as "when we're ready." leave it to the upstarts to set a new trend in gaming.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

The XBox sells well for it's hardware base. Last I checked (been a few months, but i suspect it's still true), the XBox sold more games per hardware unit than the other 2.

Well that does not look to be too hard, Xbox have few games releases compared with the PS2.

PS2 have the blunt of the console publishers since 70% of maket means even if they sell to 20% of the PS2 market they will likely sell more that if they did it for Xbox, also PS2 stronghold is Japan were Xbox have a pitful presense and japan is the centerpoint of the console market (I want a mosquito simulators damn it).

Also a PC game that sells 2 million copies can be considered a success depite that 2 million PC must not be even 10% of the PC in existence but I dont think even 50% of PCs are used in "home applications".

Oh and Xbox just brought up a "time exclusive" for Splinter Cell, Pandora ... shows a lot does it not?

drakron.png

PS2 have the blunt of the console publishers since 70% of maket

You have a link? After searching a few sites I couldn't find anything post-2003 that would suggest PS2 market share is that high. I did find that X-box has a 24% market share as of the start of this year, and since the gamecube had that boom late last year, I highly doubt the PS2 is still that strong world wide. Tho they are clearly still the leaders.

It was some time ago but remenber those are sales factors, they dont account replacement (Xbox appears to have a real bad and if your Xbox is damaged you getter off buying a new one that trying to get fixed from what I heard, same goes to early PS2 that dont stant to the recent ones that have improvements) and its hard to factor people that buy it as a offer and the other just use it for playing DVD movies.

Also its dificult because to really know since Xbox and GameCube were having a little war and each made claims, also PS2 released the Silver edition and I dont think there are substancial changes over market share, also I doubt there were major changes in the JPN area share with still is the key area, Euro and NA markets are still a shadow of what JPN area is.

Funny thing, HALO PC is popular in JPN with people paying a lot for the local version but Xbox sales were a disaster even with HALO being a Xbox launch game.

drakron.png

The XBox sells well for it's hardware base. Last I checked (been a few months, but i suspect it's still true), the XBox sold more games per hardware unit than the other 2.

the reason x-box sells more games per unit x-box is because its expensive, and rich people buy it, thus having the ability to buy more games for it.

the reason x-box sells more games per unit x-box is because its expensive, and rich people buy it, thus having the ability to buy more games for it.

i think its because none of the games are any good so they keep buying games hoping to eventually find a good one.

i think its because none of the games are any good so they keep buying games hoping to eventually find a good one.

hmmm good point, excluding of course 2 games (halo/KOTOR)

i am quite sure that we will see a kotor2 on the xbox and pc in the similar fashion that they did it for kotor. bioware spent to much time on this game and this engine to not make a sequel on the xbox. but i am not sure who would make it if obsidian is not. maybe bioware at a later date.

A known Xbox joke is always saying "the Xbox have HALO" when comparing system games since it was their only good game for a long time.

Still they have not improved on hat department, the big issue with Xbox failures is hat it failed to attract the main console market (JPN area) and so the power of the console market (eastern developers) sticked with the PS2 and CG that to face domestic poor sales with the Xbox.

Only thing that the Xbox atracted was western PC developers to make console games but that is a dead end.

Worst was games that were made fit for the Xbox, western idea of console is those are for "kids" and so they simplfy then ... take Morrowind that did not gone that way and its a solid PC game and come compare with DeusEx 2 that simpled many things for god knows that reason.

The fact SWkotOR interface just feels like a console interface says a lot and when I am in the equipment screen I tend to try using mouse drag that is not implemented.

If project X is a console game lets see if the PC version is not a port, SWkotOR is a port, perhaps it was not intended as a port but that is what it is.

drakron.png

A known Xbox joke is always saying "the Xbox have HALO" when comparing system games since it was their only good game for a long time.

Still they have not improved on hat department, the big issue with Xbox failures is hat it failed to attract the main console market (JPN area) and so the power of the console market (eastern developers) sticked with the PS2 and CG that to face domestic poor sales with the Xbox.

Only thing that the Xbox atracted was western PC developers to make console games but that is a dead end.

Worst was games that were made fit for the Xbox, western idea of console is those are for "kids" and so they simplfy then ... take Morrowind that did not gone that way and its a solid PC game and come compare with DeusEx 2 that simpled many things for god knows that reason.

The fact SWkotOR interface just feels like a console interface says a lot and when I am in the equipment screen I tend to try using mouse drag that is not implemented.

If project X is a console game lets see if the PC version is not a port, SWkotOR is a port, perhaps it was not intended as a port but that is what it is.

would you like a list of universally acclaimed exclsuive xbox games, other than halo and kotor?

panzer dragoon orta, deathrow, project gotham racing (1 & 2), the original buffy game, top spin, amped 2, moto GP 2 (i assume where not including PC in this), RalliSport Challenge, GUN VALKRIE, Jet Set Radio Future, munch's oddesey,

not many of these have been commercially succesful, but that means nothing. many of these have also been around since xboxs launch or close to. that halo is xboxs only game is only a sign of ignorance.

game attache rates are often used to judge the success of consoles, and last time i saw the stats (just after xmas i think) xbox had an attache rate of about 5 in comparison to 3 for ps2 and GCN. and xbox is currently priced the same as a PS2. it also means that companies releasing a game on xbox have a far greater chance of it being picked up, and succesful, since a million seller on any platform is considered very succesful

well, keeping in mind that many of you folks is coming from black isle, a developer that since the summer of 2001 has cancelled more games than it has developed, we ain't surprised by the unique approach taken by obsidian.

good luck with that.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)