When can you tell us what Project X is?

I'll tell you everything...

It is a project, being developed in-house, at Obsidian Entertainment.  It may, or may not, have something to do with the BioWare & Obsidian Ent. partnership.

I think that is all that has been publically announced.

im sure, that project x is KOTOR 2 (as far as i have information...), so, obsidian, you dont give a f*ck, what players want?! do you?! ;)

im disapointed by that...dreamed about great izometric rpg, no consol-port s***, like KOTOR is...

plz, change the project!!!

If this project turns out NOT to have anything to do with KOTOR I'm going to laugh my a** off.

That is not to say that I don't want KOTOR 2, trust me, I'd like nothing more, it's just that, on so many forums there are so many people who are absolutely sure that Project X is KOTOR 2.

Several reasons.

One it would have been anounced by now, another is that sales data was done around the end of the year and so LucasArts would plan any sequel by late January with means we would have known something by know.

I heard about SWotOR when BioWare was still using BIS message board just to see how long did it take to create that game.

Also LucasArts takes its time with sequels, the time gap of Jedi Knight and Outcast was about 5 years.

Xbox magazines were the ones that made all this SWKotOR 2 rumors and they done it before the PC version was released, when BioWare said "we have no plans" they grasp at OE comments of their partership with BioWare as if they would be the ones developing a sequel.

Now that does not make much sense, Star Wars license belongs to LucasArts and they would not need BioWare for anything except in using the graphical engine with I doubt since Project X will likely use a OE created engine.

Not to say the rumored timetable is insane, no company would OK a game sequel without having all the plataforms sale data (reason why SH3 was not had a Xbox version was due to SH2 Xbox poor sales) and they want us to belive that "SWKotOR 2" will be out this year.

drakron.png

Also LucasArts takes its time with sequels, the time gap of Jedi Knight and Outcast  was about 5 years.

Not necessarily. JKIII:Jedi Academy came out a little more than a year after Jedi Outcast.

That is because it was originaly planed as a add on and you just need about 10 hour to beat it.

drakron.png

Rogue Squadron, not rouge squadron.

LucasArts is not exactly a money grabbing company, also the Xbox is not were the money is (except Microsoft payoffs) since have about 15% of the console market (PS2 have a confortable 70%) and I keep having to remind people that ANY decision would have been made after PC sales being factored since multi plataform development is not a easy task.

Again, SWKotOR 2 rumors started on a Xbox publication before PC version was released and that says a lot ...

drakron.png

I'll tell you everything...

It is a project, being developed in-house, at Obsidian Entertainment.  It may, or may not, have something to do with the BioWare & Obsidian Ent. partnership.

I think that is all that has been publically announced.

im sure, that project x is KOTOR 2 (as far as i have information...), so, obsidian, you dont give a f*ck, what players want?! do you?! ;)

im disapointed by that...dreamed about great izometric rpg, no consol-port s***, like KOTOR is...

plz, change the project!!!

My eyes! Make the bad grammarian stop!

And by the way...

KotOR wasn't a port. It was simultaneously developed on the XBOX and the PC.

Also...

KotOR had extremely good sales on both the XBOX and the PC, as I understand it. This would tend to indicate that a sequel is, in fact, what the 'players' want.

Or, not necessarily a sequel, but another game set in the star wars universe. So not KotOR 2, but Star Wars: (insert subheading here. A subheading which has nothing to do with Knights.)

Well nothing stop Morrowind having two expansions, only Morrowind GOTY bring those to the Xbox.

JK sales are PC, DF2:JK created a online community and the series sells more to the multiplayer aspect that anything else.

Publishers dont give a crap about "being fair", they want money and I have yet to see a expancion for a Xbox game, the (IMHO) problem with the Xbox was that instead of building a afordable "PC lite" they build "yet another console" and as Sega had proven having a technological superior machine does not make it better for the publishers, a lot we see of Xbox "success" is MS pushing money behind it, it does not stand with his own two legs is MS try to made it.

Look at the next Splinter Cell game were UbiSoft will not longer made it a "limited XBox exclusive" and will put all versions out in the same day.

And no bets, I dont care if SWKotOR 2 is project X or not, I just serious doubt it.

drakron.png