Will you use implants?

Will you spend 3 feats to get good implants, or spend them on combat feats?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Will you spend 3 feats to get good implants, or spend them on combat feats?

• I'll want the implant feats.
    • No, I won't waste 3 feats on implants.

At last a worth-while poll! :cool:

Okay, in KOTOR you could be the Scout class which gave you the 3 implant feats for free at certain levels. Now that in TSL you will be a jedi class from the start it means that if you want implants you will need to spend 3 feats.

In KOTOR the best implants gave +5 dexterity or +2 health regeneration. But in TSL are these worth spending 3 feats on when you could have master flurry or another combat feat?

Of course TSL may have some new and improved implants to try and balance this out. But you may need to play first to see if they are worth getting.

So on your first game of TSl will you use implant feats?

:) There are some worth while implants... and i also enjoyed the one that blobks force powers on your PC... BUT there are also other ways to suppress that affect without implants... it's just not worthwhile.

I like these new smilies. ;)

If there's an option for a breast-implant for my female character, then sure, why not?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

It all depends on the new feats we can decide from. If the feats in TSL are as dumb as some of the ones in K1 then I will definately have implants. If there are better feats and I use all my points on them, then I will have to forget about implants but I doubt that.

Hrmm K2 has the vitrually the same feats as before.. BUT A LOT MORE second time round.

MORE POWER!!!! :):):devil:

Scoundrel/Consular gives you the most force points. That's the only reason I picked it. I was never a scout.

So implants depend on your class. If I start as a Sentinel or Consular in TSL I'll probably use implants. Usually I take the combat route though. It looks the coolest.

Can you explain how this gives the most force points? In Kotor, the force points you get depended on what level you decide to level from the first class to Jedi, the jedi class you picked and the wisdom/charisma modifiers. Which was why I like the scout class to dual from at a low level since their benefits are so frontloaded (better saves, better automatically granted feats). Unless of course you really like sneak attack damage.

As for myself, since our characters can get to level 30, I would like to use 3 feats for implants if there are feats to spare.

Hey I like this poll. Anyways, I'm sure the implants will be better in TSL. I also think there will be better other feats as well. So I'm guessing if you went implants in KOTOR then you'll go implants in TSL. I like to get them, just because if I don't I see that empty slot on my character sheet and think my PC isn't as strong as he could be.

my char ended up ok i was a soldier/consular and i equipped the vaccum mask which i hope i can get in tsl since it was good against poison and mind effecting, the sith regenration+2 health, +5str gloves, +2 str and protect from saves belt with darkside revans robes for an awesome look and power.

I only used impants once on my PC after that I only used them on Canderus (sith regenerator) and Zalabar (anything with high constitution or imunity to posion). Every once and a while I used the combat implant on carth but it never really made much difference to his meelee abilities.

I normally use soilder/consular combo because it gives you high health and high force ability. Plus you get a feat with every level up so thats just an added bonus.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I really wish in this one you could start out as a non-Jedi if you wanted. I know it wouldn't work storywise but I would love all the bonuses my character could get for it. Like just level 1 scoundrel (for the +2 defense bonus) then go Jedi Guadian get their bonus defense up to +6. Then get my my +5 dex implant bonus. Then go all the way up for Jedi Watchman who would also probably have a +6 to defense all the way up. That's some major defense right there.

Since I don't spend much points on Str, Dex and Con, I used implants to augment my characters' fighting deficiencies. So I'll probably go again with implants if there are no feats to cover these.

Though I kind of like the idea of having implants - kind of feels like being in Ghost in the Shell.

i wont use them my first couple times through but after i get the hang of fightin the enemies ill start mixing things up

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

I used them in KOTOR, when i played DS (Scout 5/ Jedi Consular 15 at the end).

Wasn't really worth 2 feats(got first free 'cause Scout class), so won't be wasting 3 feats this time around.

So, I don't think i'll use them again.

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

I used them in KOTOR, when i played DS (Scout 5/ Jedi Consular 15 at the end).

Wasn't really worth 2 feats(got first free 'cause Scout class), so won't be wasting 3 feats this time around.

So, I don't think i'll use them again.

If you went up to Scout 5, then you got TWO implant feats automatically and only had to use one more feat. Even if you only use the implant slot for the immunity to critical heats one (no need to go up to level 3 implants) to use a poison/mind immunity mask for your head gear, it would have been a decent trade.