HK's designation?

In my opinion since Revan had a twisted sense of humour as a Dark Lord, the HK could stand for 'humanoid killer'.

I also think that maybe if Revan was DS after Kotor1, he/she built other models of HK up to no. 50. I just don't think that he/she built them during the search for the Star Forge, though it would make sense to have an unit of elite assassin droids to wipe out key political/influential figures in various sectors; weakening a resistance from within.

I also thought that maybe HK 50 and other HK models, except HK47, was not built by Revan but by his/her rivals, who copied HK47's blueprints or captured him after the Star Forge.

I thought it was Hunter Killer

That was also the words that got stuck in my mind for some reason. Still haven't figured out where I got it from though.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

That was also the words that got stuck in my mind for some reason. Still haven't figured out where I got it from though.

When you get captured on the Leviathan and you choose HK to rescue you, some Sith grunt reports something along the lines of "we found a deactivated hunter killer model in the cargo hold", to his commanding officer. :rolleyes:

manthing2.jpg

When you get captured on the Leviathan and you choose HK to rescue you, some Sith grunt reports something along the lines of "we found a deactivated hunter killer model in the cargo hold", to his commanding officer.  :rolleyes:

That is weird, because I have never used HK on the leviathan. I must have read it somewhere on these or BioWare's message boards.

When you get captured on the Leviathan and you choose HK to rescue you, some Sith grunt reports something along the lines of "we found a deactivated hunter killer model in the cargo hold", to his commanding officer.  :rolleyes:

I used HK on the Leviathan but I must've forgotten. Thanks for answering everyone!

I used HK on the Leviathan but I must've forgotten. Thanks for answering everyone!

No problem, meatbag!

manthing2.jpg

When you get captured on the Leviathan and you choose HK to rescue you, some Sith grunt reports something along the lines of "we found a deactivated hunter killer model in the cargo hold", to his commanding officer. :sorcerer:

Hey, thanks! I really must be getting old and yes, I also played the Leviathan with HK-47 to the rescue. That is, I played the leviathan from a saved game with all possible combinations :devil:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

IIRC, Bioware named it HK-47 as a nice reference to AK-47.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I also thought that maybe HK 50 and other HK models, except HK47, was not built by Revan but by his/her rivals, who copied HK47's blueprints or captured him after the Star Forge.

It would make sense that after revan fell that Malak or other rivals would have built some HK models to use for such missions. So that could mean that during the game we might meet up with more that 50 HK model droids. Maybe some even meaner and tougher than HK-47.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

there is probably something to do with hk 47 cause although the force is strange look at r2 and 3po ending up with luke the fact that Revan seemed to engage most of hk47's abilities seems odd, malak doesnt make any reference to hk47, you have no clue what hk47 tells you is true because ur memories are lost.

Even if Malak never took advantage of the HK model I would think the new sith lords would, I mean five years has past so thats plenty of time to make thousands of HK droids, or maybe there will be a new and improved HK model in the game.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

First time I heard "HK" was in The Terminator.

While in the parkade hiding from The Terminator, Kyle is talking to Sarah about life in the future. A lot of time is spent hiding from HKs. Sarah replies "HKs?"

And Kyle replies with "Hunter Killers." And then goes on about how badass they are and stuff :ermm:

Don't know if James Cameron got it from somewhere else, but I wouldn't be too surprised if someone picked it up from here, even if it was through cryptomnesia.

^ I was wondering that myself, even if they looked the same you would think that they would have taken notice of the name listed above the droid. Has anyother magazine listed the name of the HK droid? or is all we have to go on the hyper mag and the XBN mag reports?

AscendedPaladin.png

In one of the latest previews it was stated that HK droids would be back with a vengeance in TSL, meaning we'll see more than one.

There will probably be HK-47 and HK-50 in the party at some points and maybe other HK models as opponents hunting you for one or multiple Sith Lords.

But I would think that there is only going to be one HK model in the first level, so the question still stands which mag was right? Also has it even been said that we will be able to have an HK model in our party this time? maybe they are all just hunting the PC.

AscendedPaladin.png