Stances and Fighting Styles

I think it would be great if the dark and light side characters have different fighting styles.For example the fighting animation of dark character should be with more agressive moves , and for light character with more self controlled movements and blows.

And for stances in kotor the stances were only different in character menu , but in game the light and dark siders were standing all the same.

why should dark side be more aggressive maybe they are very decieving and they make the jedi think hes winning and then when the jedi lets his guard down the sith attacks and lightsaber right thru the eye

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

why should dark side be more aggressive maybe they are very decieving and they make the jedi think hes winning and then when the jedi lets his guard down the sith attacks and lightsaber right thru the eye

Because the Sith/dark jedi use their anger and hate to improve their fighting, so their style is going to be more aggresive. They are not ones for messing around.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Because the Sith/dark jedi use their anger and hate to improve their fighting, so their style is going to be more aggresive. They are not ones for messing around.

but there is alwaays an exception to the rule. besides when i read his idea i thought he meant that theyd be like dumb brutes in fighting. B)

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

I didnt mention they are brutes .Just like every dark sider they are strongest when they release their hatred and anger, so they should fight like that.

i know u didnt say it that was my first thought when u said it.

but there is alwaays an exception to the rule. besides when i read his idea i thought he meant that theyd be like dumb brutes in fighting. B)

They would just have more powerful styles with bonuses to damage. Where as jedi would have more controlled and acurate styles that would have bonuses to chance to hit!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I like this idea...but you can still use DS stances if your LS right? I would like to use Malak's and Revan's.... :)

I think you can choose what ever style u like! U could choose DS force powers when u were LS!

:rolleyes: !!!

Not confirmed but Akari did say they were different stlyes with different animations and bonuses.

Also i heard some thing about lightsabre styles mentioned. Does that mean different animations or will each style have bonuses?

Both. :blink:

-Akari

Here is his post.

I'm not sure either but i dont why u could not.

They should allow you to pick whatever style you like that is within your experience range. Can you imagine a Sith lord like Palpatine just rushing in? He’d have a much more measured style; where as Yoda’s style was very aggressive.

I think it would be cool if different styles were just feats that you could get better at. If you wanted you could put a point in all of them and switch for different situations...or you could just be 3 levels deep in one and just be a bad mutha in one of them.

I thought some of the KotOR attack animations were somewhat cheesy. They got repetitive after a while and some were bland from the very beginning. For example, some of the single lightsaber animations were quite un-exciting.

I also despised the default wielding position of the double bladed. It looked so lame holding it like a long pole or pike. I wanted to hold it in a manner similar to Maul.

Some animations I would REALLY love to see are Malak's one-handed style and Revan's scorpion style. I wanted to use Malak's style so bad, as it was screaming "cool" as you battered him with a bunch of boring swings.

They are adding more animations. So that as you go along your style is visably better. Which should be cool. B)

I thought some of the KotOR attack animations were somewhat cheesy. They got repetitive after a while and some were bland from the very beginning. For example, some of the single lightsaber animations were quite un-exciting.

I also despised the default wielding position of the double bladed. It looked so lame holding it like a long pole or pike. I wanted to hold it in a manner similar to Maul.

Some animations I would REALLY love to see are Malak's one-handed style and Revan's scorpion style. I wanted to use Malak's style so bad, as it was screaming "cool" as you battered him with a bunch of boring swings.

amen

It would be fun if we see also some extra animations for gun wielding characthers like rolling like comandos to evade fire from enemy and such.maybe a feat new can be made for this