New Forum Avatars Now Available!

The Guildmaster

This weekend we're happy to announce two brand new Avatar Galleries now available for you to choose avatars from. These avatars were created from concepts and portraits from the Icewind Dale series and Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II developed during many of our employees' time at Black Isle Studios.

You can check out the new galleries in your Control Panel here!

Images from the Icewind Dale Series and BGDA 2 galleries are

These avatars were created from concepts and portraits from the Icewind Dale series and Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II developed during many of our employees' time at Black Isle Studios.

i'm curious, how did you manage to wrest the right to reproduce them from interplay?

dumber than a bag of hammers

These avatars were created from concepts and portraits from the Icewind Dale series and Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II developed during many of our employees' time at Black Isle Studios.

i'm curious, how did you manage to wrest the right to reproduce them from interplay?

As long as they don't find out..............

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know Interplay went bust but isn't this kinda like plagiarism when you actively promote the use of art work that I would assume remains the property of the employer at whose offices and in whose paid employment (assuming they were still up to date with wages at that time) they were created?

:ph34r:

I know Interplay went bust but isn't this kinda like plagiarism when you actively promote the use of art work that I would assume remains the property of the employer at whose offices and in whose paid employment (assuming they were still up to date with wages at that time) they were created?

LOL. Avatars can be done without any permission whatsoever.

Just like screenshots, or whatever....

As long as it's not for commercial use, or use in actual projects, it's ok.

Damn, following your logic every forum must ask persmission of countless companies for avatars! Ridiculous.

LOL. Avatars can be done without any permission whatsoever.

Just like screenshots, or whatever....

A lie.

As long as it's not for commercial use, or use in actual projects, it's ok.

More lies.

Damn, following your logic every forum must ask persmission of countless companies for avatars! Ridiculous.

His logic is better than yours.

http://www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html

Encouraging the illegal distribution of copyrighted material is also a criminal offence.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Weeeeell, mister know-it-all, then they have to sue every single RPG-thematical forum/web-site, cuz they are using games's gfx as their skin (sometimes), and again graphics for avatars.

No, don't get me wrong. I respect laws, but sometimes exceptions take place.

The avatars from KotOR II are great, only pity that you named the person in my avatar, 'cuz I just begined playing The Sith Lords (in Poland it is available from yesterday) and I didn't know who is it. But... nevermind, I forgot it, anyway. ;) Thanks for cool avs.

• 2 weeks later...