Nine Party members, where's the tenth?

Ok there is Atton Rand, kreia, Boa Dur, Mira, Atris, Silver armor guy, Wookie, HK-50 and T3-M4. Who's the tenth party member?

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

That one is probably reserved for cameo/DS or LS-dependent character.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Ok there is Atton Rand, kreia, Boa Dur, Mira, Atris, Silver armor guy, Wookie, HK-50 and T3-M4. Who's the tenth party member?

THats not how it works.

You can have up to 10 party members, that doesn't mean that there are ten. There is more.

We don't even know if it's possible to have all the above NPCs in your party (not actively) at the same time.

Just to mess this thread....

Mike Gallo: Yes, certain party members are specific to the PC being dark or light and male or female. There are more than 10 that you can choose from, but no more than 10 at any one time.

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

Than ok, what do you think the other charaters are like?

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

You're thinking of Sion, aren't you? Maybe he's the tenth.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

Hold on, dependent on LS or DS is expected, but also gender?

That just adds a whole extra dimension, if that is substantive and true. That means it means someone who can be either recruited (as an example) as DS or female means that they are possible combinations.  :ph34r:

Well, I think the Male/female choice prety much plays into what happened to Carth and Bastilla.

The LS/DS helps further the fate of the above, and a few other NPCs.

I can't see Canderous not coming back.

I think if you go LS you can get Mission.

I think Juhani and the damn dirty wookie arn't in the game.

I was wondering if say you have a all light side party then you choose a DS presstige class what happens to the praty members, sure some will stay but some will leave as well does that mean that we will be left with open space that we can later fill when/if given the chance or does that mean that those space will no longer be used? I know it has been said before that if you choose one person over another that you can't go back and choose the other at a later time but what if you never had to make that choice what happens then? Or if you turned down both people at the time?

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

(w00t)

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

i thought i read that there was 15 but you could choose up to 10 which will add so much replay value. if you consider how the other chars interact with each other like zalbar and mission did slightly and bastila and all members etc. if a char comes back from the first it would probably be canderous or carth someone from the first you couldnt kill at least. id think canderous cause i doubt carth would trust anyone lol :unsure:

oh and stargate i think that once they join u even if ls they wont run off. i think once joined they descend to whatever style you choose. just my thoughts. :thumbsup:

no i think in that same topicthat it was confirmed that there are more than 10 that they can leave ur party if they dont like ur way of doin things, so maybe only some members can be turned or saved

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

I thought I heard that the devs were going to put in over 10 with alignment specific people, but they canceled that due to time... I'm personally glad. I want KOTOR, not shining force (which was good I'll admit). It's quite probable that the characters would be weakened (in terms of plot and quality) overall if time was spent on characters that one might not even had in one's party. For some reason I just don't like having many characters and I like less chosing which characters to be in my non-active group.

BTW, where are people getting the name Boa Dur?

I thought I heard that the devs were going to put in over 10 with alignment specific people, but they canceled that due to time...  I'm personally glad.  I want KOTOR, not shining force (which was good I'll admit).  It's quite probable that the characters would be weakened (in terms of plot and quality) overall if time was spent on characters that one might not even had in one's party.  For some reason I just don't like having many characters and I like less chosing which characters to be in my non-active group.

there are more than 10 NPCs to be recruted in the game but no more than 10 at one time

Exactly how many possible party NPCs are there? And do they vary depending

on DS/LS alignment?

[Mike Gallo] Yes, certain party members are specific to the PC being dark or light and male or female. There are more than 10 that you can choose from, but no more than 10 at any one time.

AscendedPaladin.png

Here you go.

Interview page 2

Jonric: Speaking of the party members, how did you choose which ones return? And with the new ones, what kinds of things can we look for that will make them special in their own ways?

Chris Parker: We had to be careful with which characters returned from the first game, since you could have gone darkside and killed many of them. So, with continuity in mind, we picked the characters to which we and the gaming public seemed most attached.

I think players will enjoy all of them, but my two favorites are Mira and Bao-Dur. I like Mira because she's sassy, and I like Bao-Dur because I just think he's cool - I'd tell you more, but that's one of those sensitive areas that is difficult to discuss without giving too much away.