How much your DSL connection cost?

JonIrenicus

ADSL is something new for us here in this "middle-aged" Greece so I wanted to know how much ADSL connections cost in other countries.For an ADSL connection 384kbps we pay 100euro in advance and 57euro every month after that.How much do you pay,if you have an ADSL connection of course

Life... is strength. That is not to be contested; it seems logical enough. You live; you affect your world

Connection: 8mbit ADSL

Price: Installation for free, then 41,90

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

ADSL is something new for us here in this "middle-aged" Greece so I wanted to know how much ADSL connections cost in other countries.For an ADSL connection 384kbps we pay 100euro in advance and 57euro every month after that.How much do you pay,if you have an ADSL connection of course

1.5m/784k $69./month

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Installation $100, $24.95/month +phone line.

BC, Canada.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Connection: 8mbit ADSL

Price: Installation for free, then 41,90

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

It seems that eventually we are not so "middle-aged" as I thought,are we? :shifty:

Mreku you are kidding right?Because if you are not then I think that I am gonna change the country that I live! :D

Life... is strength. That is not to be contested; it seems logical enough. You live; you affect your world

Indeed, my bad  :">

hehe, couldn't resist. the "unlimited" part, btw, would probably mean "unlimited downloads" which many places tout... really they mean, "fill your bandwidth continuously and we won't gripe" since no matter how you slice it, if BW is limited, total DLs for a month will be too :ermm:

either way, 8Mbit ain't too shabby. i'm capped at 2Mbit down with my cable at $55/month. if i actually had cable tv (i have Dish Network), it would drop to $45/month. of course, i really do get 2Mbit nearly always. if i don't, it's because the server i'm hitting doesn't have the pipe. not because i don't.

mark

comrade taks... just because.

adsl is usually limited to 10-15000 feet from the sub-station. cable, however, does not have such a limitation (it has some distance limit, but i don't know what it is).

taks

It seems that eventually we are not so "middle-aged" as I thought,are we? o:)

Mreku you are kidding right?Because if you are not then I think that I am gonna change the country that I live! :D

He's not kidding. People in Sweden actually do have 10Mbit connections in their homes. I belive they are one of the most, if not the most advanced country in the world in that regard. The 300GB limit made me laugh btw o:)

As for me, my connection is 900Kbit and costs $23/month.

north or south? i'm assuming you mean south korea. they've also got the highest cell-phone penetration in the world. sk-telecom bought out shinsegi a few years back and they had, at the time, something like 70% of the population buying their service.

taks

80kbyte(not bits)/sec = 375kr/month (41 Euro)

..and I live on an Island a couple of kilometers from the mainland, if Id been on the mainland then I could have 10mbit or VDSL(up to 24mbit) for the same price

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "