Lightsabre colours

Is that too many?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Is that too many?

• Yes, I believe that there should only be the 4 from the film (blue, green, red + purple).
    • Yes, the 7 available in KotOR1 are enough (as above, plus yellow, orange + aqua).
    • Don't know.
    • No.
    • No I want all the colours of the rainbow!
    • I'm a grumpy fcuk, who always moans about polls.

I say for it to be too many colours there would have to be more than 50 colours :unsure:

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

how the f*ck is rainbow winnning i want the new colors but thats way too many

I'm going to guess that most people,like myself,want to have a lot of options. The key word being there is options. If they're an options then those that want to can use them and those that don't will not have too. I don't think you're going to see a lot ,if any,Jedi/Sith in the game running around with Silver/white and orange or any other of the new colors. They'll pry be there for the player to use to allow those who want the option to have them on their character to do so without ruining the feel of things for the people who don't want to use the new colors.

If you don't want a rainbow selections look at it this way,you can always sell the crystals you don't want to use.

but the sith always use red so it wont be confusing. so the other colors are most likely jedi. i mean how many sith do u see walkin down the street with a blue lightsaber?

There are many dark jedi/sith in the EU who had blue lightsaber. For example Exar Kun. In Kotor1 there were some dark jedi using a purple saber.

how the f*ck is rainbow winnning i want the new colors but thats way too many

I'm going to guess that most people,like myself,want to have a lot of options. The key word being there is options. If they're an options then those that want to can use them and those that don't will not have too. I don't think you're going to see a lot ,if any,Jedi/Sith in the game running around with Silver/white and orange or any other of the new colors. They'll pry be there for the player to use to allow those who want the option to have them on their character to do so without ruining the feel of things for the people who don't want to use the new colors.

If you don't want a rainbow selections look at it this way,you can always sell the crystals you don't want to use.

I totally agree with that.

If Mace Windu could be different, so should we be able to.

but the sith always use red so it wont be confusing.  so the other colors are most likely jedi.  i mean how many sith do u see walkin down the street with a blue lightsaber?

There are many dark jedi/sith in the EU who had blue lightsaber. For example Exar Kun. In Kotor1 there were some dark jedi using a purple saber.

theres also sariss and Yun in jk sariss uses blue and yun uses yellow, sev'rance tann in GBG also uses yellow.

so sith/dark jedi are not restricted to red but yeah the most common colour for darksiders is red so it won't be confusing.

but the sith always use red so it wont be confusing.  so the other colors are most likely jedi.  i mean how many sith do u see walkin down the street with a blue lightsaber?

thats the EU not kotor. B)

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

I think it's nice that they're making a whole lot of new colors, but the purist part of me hopes that they add in an option to have nothing but the classic 4 from the movies. I mean, it would just be hard to take anyone seriously that used a pink or orange lightsaber. While I like the idea of being 'unique', I would rather have a wide variety of armor and helmets to distinguish me then some funky lightsaber color (tie-dye?).

How about a baby poo coloured lightsabre? Hey you wanted choices! :)

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

anything that isn't the films is the EU :)

B) i know but when i think of the EU i think of the books

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

here's an obvious thought: the non-standard colors should be extremely rare

I agree with you!, But what are you going to use as the standard? the colours from the OT? or the colours from the PT? or maybe the the colours from KOTOR? I think since it is the KOTOR sequal they should use all the colours from KOTOR and then make the newest colours, as you said, extremely rare.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Originally there were only two colors: blue and red.

For ROTJ, the filmakers decided that green looked better against the desert backdrop of Tatooine.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I've never heard of anyone complaining about too many choices....

I figure as long as the rarer colors are exactly that, extremely rare, and that most of the color choices are for your character/s only, I have no problem with it.

I'd certainly rather have too many options than too little.

all I want to know is: where in KotorI do you find an orange or a turquoise crystal for your lightsaber?

Yarvin Station! In orbit of Yarvin!! There is a Rodian there, who sell them to u once you have completed all the starmaps!!! ;)

!!!! ;)

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!