Another Superman Movie

Child of Flame

Kinda, realllllly old news/ They have been working on it for a year plus now. Like 3 directors dropped out of it and countless others turned down the role for fear of typecasting.

Eeeeeexcept the link I put in the original post has news as of two days ago. Brian Singer is directing it (X-men Movies), Brandon Routh is starring, and they WILL be using the John Williams soundtrack. :p

Kinda, realllllly old news/ They have been working on it for a year plus now. Like 3 directors dropped out of it and countless others turned down the role for fear of typecasting.

Eeeeeexcept the link I put in the original post has news as of two days ago. Brian Singer is directing it (X-men Movies), Brandon Routh is starring, and they WILL be using the John Williams soundtrack. :)

Yesssssssssssss, but you didn't say there is new news on the Superman film. You said "Hey everyone, there IS a Superman film being made". Hence my comment.

The casting news has been an "offical" rumor even since shots of him dressed as supes began floating around and the director has been attached for awhile now.

so there :p

Eeeeeexcept the link I put in the original post has news as of two days ago. Brian Singer is directing it (X-men Movies), Brandon Routh is starring, and they WILL be using the John Williams soundtrack. :)

Yesssssssssssss, but you didn't say there is new news on the Superman film. You said "Hey everyone, there IS a Superman film being made". Hence my comment.

The casting news has been an "offical" rumor even since shots of him dressed as supes began floating around and the director has been attached for awhile now.

so there :p

Yes, but no John Williams! SO THERE!!! Thhhhbbbbbbpppppptttt! :)

Meh. We'll see if it holds. there's been like 10 new Supermans casted, like K said there's more than one directord, they have been rumoured to have at least half a dozen Loises. There's been multiple scripts. I just hope when the mess is cleared we get at least a watchable movie out of it.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm quite disappointed that Bryan Singer opted to go with the Superman movie rather than doing X-Men 3. The X-Men movies have been fantastic, due largely to Singer and his writing team; without them on board, I fear X3 will be lacking.

As far as a new Superman movie goes, I have no interest in it at all; it hardly seems necessary. I liked the character when I was a kid, but I find he doesn't "age" well. The only way I could see finding something of substance in a Superman film was if it presented the character in a darker fashion, akin to Miller's portrayal of him in The Dark Knight Returns.

That said, if anyone can make a decent Superman movie, I'm sure Singer can, but I'd still rather him do X3. Superman is so Americana and there's no way around that unless you're willing to seriously bend the character far from the typical perceptions of him.

newlogo.gif

I'm quite disappointed that Bryan Singer opted to go with the Superman movie rather than doing X-Men 3. The X-Men movies have been fantastic, due largely to Singer and his writing team; without them on board, I fear X3 will be lacking.

It seems Joss whedon (sp? the buffy and firefly guy) is going to be the guy to take it over. Nothing certain, but when you get this kind of rumors, and all he does is smile when asked about it, you kinda have to lean that way.

As far as a new Superman movie goes, I have no interest in it at all; it hardly seems necessary. I liked the character when I was a kid, but I find he doesn't "age" well. The only way I could see finding something of substance in a Superman film was if it presented the character in a darker fashion, akin to Miller's portrayal of him in The Dark Knight Returns.

That said, if anyone can make a decent Superman movie, I'm sure Singer can, but I'd still rather him do X3. Superman is so Americana and there's no way around that unless you're willing to seriously bend the character far from the typical perceptions of him.

I never liked Supes either, I think you nailed it with the above.

Yes, but no John Williams! SO THERE!!! Thhhhbbbbbbpppppptttt!

You Bastard

It seems Joss whedon (sp? the buffy and firefly guy) is going to be the guy to take it over. Nothing certain, but when you get this kind of rumors, and all he does is smile when asked about it, you kinda have to lean that way.

Last I read, it was confirmed he was not doing X3. Which might not be a bad thing, though. I'm not really a fan of Whedon - I love Firefly, but Buffy and Angel were pretty crappy, and he didn't exactly do wonders with Alien 4.

Apparently he did some writing for the X1 and was responsible for some of the cheesier dialogue, too.

newlogo.gif

• 2 weeks later...