I wager that we'll be able to become a Sith....

Now that there's no 'big mission for the Jedi council' (presumably, hopefully) and therefore no de facto obligation to side with the Republic for the first part of the game, there's no plot obstacle standing between us and becoming jan-u-wine Sith very early in the game rather than at the last minute.

Hopefully, the game will thus be playable as either a Jedi trying to topple the Sith before they can fully conquer the Galaxy, or as a Sith hunted by his rivals and attempting to seize the throne for himself, ala the last segment of KOTOR only with that understood from much earlier on.

Am I the only one who gets this feeling? Or is this perhaps wishful thinking on my part? :)

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I have thought about this possibility also...

Thank you that is all...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I think that you will indeed be able to "join" the Sith much earlier than the first game. One of the key features the second game enjoys is the fact that your party members will follow you on whatever path you take. Or at least most of them. This is implied by the recent trailer. If it was late in the game much like the first one, then this highly touted feature would be highly useless.

Considering that you couldn't really join (if you consider leading joining) the sith until the ending cutscene...it's impossible you could join later!

Actually, I was referring to 'joining' as the moment when you join Bastila on the temple. You may not be leader yet, but you certainly are no longer working for the Republic and the Jedi, and everyone acknowledges that.

Before, when you visited a place like Manaan, everyone would by default call you a 'Jedi' and act as if you were loyal to the Republic, even if you were chalk white, covered in veins, and wearing a solid black Dark Jedi robe. I don't think that will be the case this time around. :)

Judging by the fact that the sith lords are hunting you down to kill you, it would put a little dampening on joining the sith right away. Maybe after you kill one of the sith lords you could join. But I still don't think that will happen right away.

Judging by the fact that the sith lords are hunting you down to kill you, it would put a little dampening on joining the sith right away. Maybe after you kill one of the sith lords you could join. But I still don't think that will happen right away.

Understand that by 'joining the Sith', I don't mean aligning with the guys who are trying to kill you, but rather as being identified as a Dark Side Force-user who doesn't give a good goddamn about the Republic or the Jedi and seeks to seize power in the Sith for himself. :)

Understand that by 'joining the Sith', I don't mean aligning with the guys who are trying to kill you, but rather as being identified as a Dark Side Force-user who doesn't give a good goddamn about the Republic or the Jedi and seeks to seize power in the Sith for himself. :)

Would be nice indeed if it was this way, since it was quite illogical that youd be taken form a Jedi everywhere you went even if your appearence screamed that you were a DS :rolleyes:.

Hmm.. but if we can join the Sith, I hope there will be a "lie" dialouge opinion, so that you can fool your Jedi party members (and other party members) that "you're only doing this to infiltrate the sith" :rolleyes:. Then once they discover that you were lying; it's too late since you've made them fall to the dark side already :lol:

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Well, I think it is quite obvious, as they pointed out that you can most definiintely turn many party mamebers to the dark side. However, Like he said, however, I don't see a big mission, so I'm guess you are pretty much free. It seems that, the Sith are looking for you, not trying to exactly kill you. The implications seems to me that you can become Sith, and maybe join.

Now that there's no 'big mission for the Jedi council' (presumably, hopefully) and therefore no de facto obligation to side with the Republic for the first part of the game, there's no plot obstacle standing between us and becoming jan-u-wine Sith very early in the game rather than at the last minute.

Hopefully, the game will thus be playable as either a Jedi trying to topple the Sith before they can fully conquer the Galaxy, or as a Sith hunted by his rivals and attempting to seize the throne for himself, ala the last segment of KOTOR only with that understood from much earlier on.

Am I the only one who gets this feeling? Or is this perhaps wishful thinking on my part? :(

I hope it does work out this way. It doesn't have to be at the beginning but atleast in the middle of the story rather then at the dead end like in KOTOR.

It has been said that your character has to 'forge a future for himself and the galaxy'. Since you are not really affiliated with the jedi and are being hunted by sith at the start, it probably won't matter whose side you're on as you will do the same things ie escape from sith hunting you.

But hopefully you will soon be able to decide whether you want to rebuild the jedi or kill the last of them. It sound like you can choose you light/dark preferences earlier than in KOTOR.

You people are too caught up on titles.. When i play the game out as a dark sider.. NO ONE will be safe.

I'm shakin in my boots! :(

Whatch out kids, some1 is after ur candy! ;)

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Am I the only one who gets this feeling? Or is this perhaps wishful thinking on my part? :)

I agree.

Especially because of one line in the trailer (of course I might be reading too much in to it).

It goes something like "will he (refering to the PC) be able to re-establish the Jedi order, or will he join the ranks of the Sith"

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

It has been said that your character has to 'forge a future for himself and the galaxy'. Since you are not really affiliated with the jedi and are being hunted by sith at the start, it probably won't matter whose side you're on as you will do the same things ie escape from sith hunting you.

But hopefully you will soon be able to decide whether you want to rebuild the jedi or kill the last of them. It sound like you can choose you light/dark preferences earlier than in KOTOR.

Hunt? I don't think that's exactly correct. They are certainly looking for you, but hunting makes it sound like they are trying to kill you first. Which the trailer implies they are more than willing to let you join.

Hunt? I don't think that's exactly correct. They are certainly looking for you, but hunting makes it sound like they are trying to kill you first. Which the trailer implies they are more than willing to let you join.

Well, if the walkthrough trailer is to be trusted, they're actually quite eager to see you join them.. :blink:

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Well, if the walkthrough trailer is to be trusted, they're actually quite eager to see you join them.. :blink:

so what does that mean ? does it mean that every sith u meet in the game until u say "im gonna destroy all of u and rebuild the jedi order" is a recruiting agent? :unsure:

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

Well, if the walkthrough trailer is to be trusted, they're actually quite eager to see you join them.. :unsure:

Unlikely. Wouldn't be much of a game if you could just join them.

Unlikely. Wouldn't be much of a game if you could just join them.

Well, I know that the walkthrough trailer is just meant as a preview and has little or nothing to do with the real story. Still, why would it be impossible to join the Sith? Remember that they're now three factions; they're not united like they were in the first game. So why would it be impossible to join one of these factions? And if you do, you'd get to fight the other two factions plus others (I reckon that in this case there will be at least 4 major factions in the game: the three Sith Lords and their followers and the republic.. dunno if the Jedi counts since they are probably almost destroyed :unsure: ). And you'd perhaps also get sent by the fraction you choose to establish Sith control over the worlds you haven't yet visited or something liket hat.. <_<. Sounds unlikely, but still...