"If he joins us on the path to darkness..."

Think about this way. If they said "he or she will join us to the path of darkness", it well, sounds weird. It makes them sound like they aren't quite sure who they are trying to find, which won't make much sense, because they believe, you are, allegedly, the last jedi.

You can also download a copy of the trailer at 3DGamers.com starwarskid15_19.

Also: They could have used the indefinite pronoun 'they' instead of 'he'. Hey, I know, let's get a big bug up our collective asses about this.

hey can i have a link to the trailer i havent watched it yet

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swkotor_sithlords/

Upper right hand

i dont know why i didnt do that on my own i go there all the time. thanx B)

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

I know this has been asked before and I am sure that it will be asked agian but from the wording in the trailer it sounded as if you could join the sith not just go to the darkside! did anyone else get this from that? if not oh well I am wrong but hey its something else to think about for a little while anyway.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I know this has been asked before and I am sure that it will be asked agian but from the wording in the trailer it sounded as if you could join the sith not just go to the darkside! did anyone else get this from that? if not oh well I am wrong but hey its something else to think about for a little while anyway.

That is how I took it. It seems to me that when you are DS in this game, you will actually join the sith instead of being a rogue dark jedi on a mission to reclaim control of the sith.

You can also download a copy of the trailer at 3DGamers.com starwarskid15_19.

Also: They could have used the indefinite pronoun 'they' instead of 'he'. Hey, I know, let's get a big bug up our collective asses about this.

That would work, except another problem would occur. They implies more than one person. And yet again, they believe you are the last jedi, not you all are the last jedi. Since I think they are going for singular, this wouldn't work. They could have used "this/that" person or maybe "who", but it would be unusually formal.

That is how I took it. It seems to me that when you are DS in this game, you will actually join the sith instead of being a rogue dark jedi on a mission to reclaim control of the sith.

well atleast I am not alone in this reasoning :)

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

very true. Though it could also be away for them to work in a DS apprentice story.

AscendedPaladin.png

Aren't there sith prestige classes already disclosed? lol...

are you talking about the ability to join the sith?

If so we were talking about not just picking a presstige class but truely joining the sith (i.e. becoming a DS apprentice or something like that). Or being able to sway other sith to follow you even if they don't join your party or affect the game play but having them swear their loyalty to you and only you. ^_^

In the first game you could become a Dark Sider but other than Uthar you couldn't get anyone else you swear loyalty to you (but only after you found out that you were Revan). As a lightsider you could get many people to change their ways which always kinda felt one sided to me atleast.

AscendedPaladin.png

Aren't there sith prestige classes already disclosed?  lol...

If so we were talking about not just picking a presstige class but truely joining the sith (i.e. becoming a DS apprentice or something like that). Or being able to sway other sith to follow you even if they don't join your party or affect the game play but having them swear their loyalty to you and only you. ^_^

In the first game you could become a Dark Sider but other than Uthar you couldn't get anyone else you swear loyalty to you (but only after you found out that you were Revan). As a lightsider you could get many people to change their ways which always kinda felt one sided to me atleast.

A side note: It costs nothing for Uthar to swear loyalty to you. In fact, it saves his own skin, AND he gains a powerful ally.

On a related note to Uthar: You can convince Yuthura Ban and Kel Algwin, and maybe Mekel (Not sure on this one), to return to the light. You can see them (yet again, not sure of Mekel) at the Jedi Academy at Dantooine.

I did say you could get people to change their ways/ sides/ alignment to the force as a LS, infact you can get quite a few people to change to the LS as a LS but you can't corrupt anyone.

As for uthar I have never gotten him to side with me if I didn't already know I was revan before the final trial, he always says something like "You are to powerful for to let live" something like that anyway.

What I would like to see in KOTOR II is the ability to turn NPC's (non-party members) to the DS and have them swear Loyalty to you and only you. maybe be able to turn some rouge jedi's that you might come accross in you tavels to the DS, or planet leaders, or whatever.

The whole point behind the inital comment I and a few others said was that in the trailer released a few days ago it said "If he joins us on the path to darkness..." (same as the thread title) that it could be a possibility that they are going to allow us to truly join the DS and become a sith not just a DS who, like in KOTOR, was out to save the universe... yes I know you could take over the Star Froge and rule the universe from there but once agian it didn't feel like you were really being a sith until the cut scene at the very end of the game.

I hope this clears it up.

AscendedPaladin.png

Aren't there sith prestige classes already disclosed?  lol...

Well if there is a class in this game called 'Sith Assasin'. I'd assume you would be joining the sith.. lol.

Ambrosia3.gif