ESRB Rating

I hope so :D

Me too. While blood doesn't nessasarily equal maturity, in this case I think it points that way.

BTW, I went to the ESRB site hoping for insight, this is the little I found:

K1 was rated T for just violence

Blood - Depictions of blood
<_<

As for arms being cut off, I noticed they didn't put this:

Blood and Gore - Depictions of blood and mutilated body parts

Violence - Scenes involving aggressive conflict

sooooo, nothing really

They should remove such ratings altogether.. although its good sometimes because if a game is rated 7+ , its usually too immature for my tastes.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

rating kotor as violent is ridiculous, the nearest thing to blood are those funny little spark things that fly arnd wen u hit ppl. wooow so gory. the most mature or woteva thing on kotor is bastila with no clothes and a 5 yr old is hardly gunna b muckin rnd like that!

They should remove such ratings altogether..  although its good sometimes because if a game is rated 7+ , its usually too immature for my tastes.

I'd agree with that if it wouldn't mean they would ban the more mature content altogether. On a side note yes I know the ratings are folly won't accomplish anything except give a few politcians a warm and fuzzy feeling.

They should make KOTOR III with a mature rating IMHO and go for things like real dismemberment by lightsabers, have a decent kissing animation where required and don't fade to black during things like the massage in Davik's estate.

SW has always been PG to PG-13 in style,I doubt you'll ever see anything besides a T on any SW game. However I don't see why you couldn't have everything you said and still keep the T rating. Maybe the exception being the massage room in Daviks but even that's rather tame. Jedi Outcast had their little kiss and kept the T, I don't think that had anything to do with the rating and more with just the style Bio choose to go with. Empire showed Luke's hand being cut off,ROTJ showed Vader's. Don't see why,if done right,it could be added and and not up the rating.

kumquatq3,nice info.

I hope that the blood is more story driven then in the regular fighting. Be rather strange to have a MK style fight in SW game. I mean if placed in a scene it could really add to the story and game. If just thrown in their for "kool" effect I think it'll take way from it. But that's just me.

As for the ratings,I don't think they need to be rated as in,E,T,M,etc. Simply place on the game what is in it and let the parents decide if they want their kid to play it. Most "M" games would be PG-13 if they were a movie anyway.

What exactually does a teen rating entail? Minor blood, with no kissing with the tongue?

What if a man jumpes out of the closet and chokes somebody? Is that an adult situation. What does that mean? I see "heavy petting" all the time on tv one shows that are atleast marketed towards teens, atleast I think I do.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

For some reason when grapichs or animations are used to show a certain scene it's held to a different standard then if actors are used to show the same scene or one close to it. Rather flawed way of doing things IMO but it's usually how it works.

Hell anything other then actors will make the rating board spaz. That new movie by the people who make South Park was going to be rated NC-17 for a "love" scene with wooden puppets. They had to edit it 17 times or something like that.

:):huh::blink:

but those few that dont need a rating.

Rating won't help those,E or M if they don't understand the difference between what's real and what is not then it isn't going to matter.

;)

And none of this has helped us figure where in Sith Lords there will be enough blood that it needed to placed into the rating.

Heh,maybe it's Sion's body...

What I love is when there is a shooting like in Columbine the first thing they do is blame the media, music, and video games. They should first blame the kids who did it and the parents that raised them (or lack of raising) but in the US no one likes taking personal responsibility.

SanAndreas. Half the world bans t, the other half criticizes it for being over violent, gory, sexual, and anything else I cant think of right now.

Maybe TSL rated teen cus it actually shows kissing this time. That, or because one party member/sith lord gets gutted with a lightsaber.

"SanAndreas. Half the world bans t, the other half criticizes it for being over violent, gory, sexual, and anything else I cant think of right now."

The reason why is because kids that are 7 or 8 years old are playing these mature rated games...It would be nice if the TSL would show limb wounds from blasters and lightsabers but i know that wont happen

Blood is listed as one of the reason which is why i was curious. They either added blood in when people are hit,possible but I doubt it. There might be some sort of scene or scenes in which blood is seen. I don't know,it's not like it's a serious matter I was just rather curious.