Oregon Police FireOnCitizens peacefully protesting

AP is mainstream(big money). And still includes things like this:

"We were here to protest Bush and show our support for Kerry," said Cerridewen Bunten, 24, a college student and retail clerk. "Nobody was being violent. We were out of the streets so cars could go by. We were being loud, but I never knew that was against the law."

Bunten said she was pushed by police as she held her 6-year-old daughter."

hmmm...

"Police reacted by firing pepperballs, which he described as projectiles like a paintball filled with cayenne pepper. Two people were arrested for failing to disperse. There were no reports of injuries.

Protester Richard Swaney, 65, of Central Point, said he was walking with the crowd away from the inn when he was hit in the back with three separate bursts, one of which knocked him down."

=P

or....

How about this

Jacksonville Organizer Sets the Record Straight

"I appreciate the widespread coverage of police attacking peaceful demonstrators on the sidewalk in Jacksonville, Oregon during an October 14th anti-Bush protest. However, the AP story included the blatant lie by Jacksonville city administrator Paul Wyntergreen that the demonstration was peaceful until protesters began pushing police.

I helped organize the event and would like to provide background and set the record straight:

Recent local press coverage has changed the story to say that police pushed demonstrators and then some demonstrators "put their hands on police." I spoke with one woman who was pushed by Secret Service onto the street, only to be pushed back onto the sidewalk by police. When a uniformed officer shoved her by pushing the child in her arms, she put her arms out to defend her child and touched the officer's arms.

I spoke three times with the Chief of Police in Jacksonville and once with the Sheriff so that they knew exactly what we were planning and we could safely exercise our First Amendment rights. The chief said he was primarily concerned about hostile conservatives hassling us. The Sheriff 's last words to me were: "If everyone stays on the sidewalk, we won't have any problems." This was an event for all kinds of people: low-key, lots of families, no civil disobedience. We handed out information sheets on non-violent codes of conduct, kept our crowd of 200-300 people on the sidewalk. We had a 100-foot long red carpet of UNwelcome upon which people wrote their criticisms of the administration's policies, which we rolled out on the sidewalk.

The rally and march were peaceful and successful; people felt energized and empowered. Then during our vigil to unwelcome the motorade, police attacked protesters standing on the sidewalk without provocation. Secret Service officers began pushing people off the sidewalk onto the street, police officers shoved those same people back onto the sidewalk. Women with children in their arms were grabbed and pushed, young kids were pepper-sprayed. An elderly man was knocked to the ground. While he was crawling on the sidewalk, a younger man shielded him with his own body. The young man was shot in the back at point-blank range with pepper pellets. He has burning open wounds. We have all of it on videotape. The media is suppressing most of it.

During the police attacks, I was across a narrow side street from the area being suddenly cleared. Police trapped me on that stretch of sidewalk in the throng of Bush supporters. I was on the leading edge of that group in the first row of people facing riot cops, at the intersection being cleared. We were not pushed back. I was safe from police abuse because I was among Bush supporters. Only protesters were pushed back from the intersection through which the motorcade passed. This was not a security move by the Secret Service. If they were trying to ensure the President's safety, they would have pushed people back on both sides of the street. In addition, if police had wanted to clear the area without incident, they had plenty of time. The President was dining. They could have used his entire mealtime to secure the area, rather than waiting until the moment of his departure from the restaurant to suddenly bark garbled orders, push people, and shoot people in the back as they "failed to disperse." At the end of the night, when I was finally reunited with my family, I thanked my spouse for keeping our children safe from the police.

On Friday, October 15th, we held a press conference in front of Jacksonville City Hall; tight message, great testimony from victims and eyewitnesses. We provided raw video footage showing police aggression including the incident outlined above. One channel showed a bit of the "shielding" footage, but with no context or explanation. The other channel showed the injuries to the man's back, but included police rhetoric that violent protesters caused the melee. Also, that station chose to ignore our damning footage of police violence and ran our image of a line of riot cops standing in formation. This same "news" station aired extensive, chirpy coverage of the honeymoon suite where the President stayed, including the remains of his breakfast and the discarded carton of milk. They also showed the empty patio at the restaurant where he had dined.

It is only when you know the quality of information and footage provided to the news media that you can fully grasp just how much they sanitize and suppress, or sometimes just plain bumble. I have a lot to do right now, including organizing a facilitated conversation for the traumatized children to process their feelings, and talk with attorneys about our legal standing. We are also working on video documentation of witness accounts and planning a citizen forum on community policing.

I would like people to know the real story.

It is a sad time for dissent. They want us to be afraid to even stand on the sidewalk holding a sign. They want to marginalize dissenters and make citizens and families afraid to assemble.

This story is far from over."

Ambrosia3.gif

"We were being loud, but I never knew that was against the law."

Really? Though I hate this law; but the US doesn't have sound pollution laws? Weird...

yea we do, but my guess is it's a city or state law. So, some areas might not have this law.

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

"The rally and march were peaceful and successful; people felt energized and empowered. Then during our vigil to unwelcome the motorade, police attacked protesters standing on the sidewalk without provocation. Secret Service officers began pushing people off the sidewalk onto the street, police officers shoved those same people back onto the sidewalk. Women with children in their arms were grabbed and pushed, young kids were pepper-sprayed. An elderly man was knocked to the ground. While he was crawling on the sidewalk, a younger man shielded him with his own body. The young man was shot in the back at point-blank range with pepper pellets. He has burning open wounds. We have all of it on videotape. The media is suppressing most of it."

Seeing my country deteorate in front of me is not much of a laughing matter...

Sound pollution? LOL. Now that's ridiculous.

Ambrosia3.gif

We had a similar thing happen in Ontario a few years ago, and on a much larger scale. There were protesters gathered in Toronto to protest the provincial government, and the Premier had the riot police on hand and all hell broke lose. Protesters were brutalised and for little more than what happened in the situation mentioned in Jacksonville.

However, it did not diminish the right to protest, remove freedoms, or bring about an apocalyptic end.

It's crappy that it happens, but it does and you deal with it, hope that blame is placed in the right areas and punishments distributed accordingly, and move on.

newlogo.gif

Accounts such as these don't hurt President Bush. In fact, my gut instinct is that most folks find them so outrageous that the very accusation helps the President. If you're counting on these "sources" to carry the day, then you're already lost.

Come on, Product, you know the election has already been decided by the gnomes of Zurich! Why waste your breath? Just go out and buy some Nikes and a six pack of Coke and maybe some American cigarettes and join those whom you cannot beat. ;)

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

We had a similar thing happen in Ontario a few years ago, and on a much larger scale. There were protesters gathered in Toronto to protest the provincial government, and the Premier had the riot police on hand and all hell broke lose. Protesters were brutalised and for little more than what happened in the situation mentioned in Jacksonville.

However, it did not diminish the right to protest, remove freedoms, or bring about an apocalyptic end.

It's crappy that it happens, but it does and you deal with it, hope that blame is placed in the right areas and punishments distributed accordingly, and move on.

This is different. This is the Secret Service involved, and a President around his election. In one of Americas craziest 4 years ever in just about every way.

Eldar:

"Accounts such as these don't hurt President Bush. In fact, my gut instinct is that most folks find them so outrageous that the very accusation helps the President. If you're counting on these "sources" to carry the day, then you're already lost.

Come on, Product, you know the election has already been decided by the gnomes of Zurich! Why waste your breath? Just go out and buy some Nikes and a six pack of Coke and maybe some American cigarettes and join those whom you cannot beat."

Eldar your response shows you really dont seem to care about your fellow Americans rights IMO. A sad thing.

Ambrosia3.gif

what i find the most depressing is that Eldar is right....things like this are just so extreme that people will only see it as an "attack on Bush" and will just flock to him more.

The more people point out just how screwed bush's presidency is, the more the idiots in the mid-west flock to him. The dumbest portion of our society is deciding who to put into office.

The only thing remotely hopeful if bush wins another 4 years is that there will be a civil war in the republican party.

Another reason to not vote for Bush, like I need any more.

This is bigger then an election IMO. This is where America is at right now. Bush or not, were all on the same boat.

"what i find the most depressing is that Eldar is right....things like this are just so extreme that people will only see it as an "attack on Bush" and will just flock to him more.

The more people point out just how screwed bush's presidency is, the more the idiots in the mid-west flock to him. The dumbest portion of our society is deciding who to put into office.

The only thing remotely hopeful if bush wins another 4 years is that there will be a civil war in the republican party."

Civil war in America IMO will happen in the next 10 years more then likely. And WW3 will break out soon after.. Things like this bring this closer and more probable. :(

Ambrosia3.gif

"Civil war in America IMO will happen in the next 10 years more then likely. "

Only someone on drugs would that. There is nothing FACTUAL to back up your statement. None. Zilch. Zero.

No reasonable person would think what you think.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Civil war in America IMO will happen in the next 10 years more then likely. "

Only someone on drugs would  that. There is nothing FACTUAL to back up your statement. None. Zilch. Zero.

No reasonable person would think what you think.

lol. Time will tell.

"There needs to be a major catalyst for civil war to happen in the US again"

Would something like this be such a catalyst(just to name random stuff that comes to mind as possible):

-9-11 uncovered as a USA military inside job

-Another election scandal

-Martial Law by Bush regime(rights tramples even further and more severely with new patriot act clause)

-Iraq going more south

-Another 'terrorist attack'

-Privatized Federal $ section collapse

-Events like this taking place all over the nation(1000 internal SWAT teams all over the nation are being trained as we speak)

-Global Economy ripple as USA gets less and less the superpower

-Mass energy shortages(oil, common household energy etc)

-Invasion of another country or two

-Draft

-list goes on

Causing: US internal war between freedom(what this country was founded on) and oppression(what we faught to make this country).

USA military focus is crippled on internal problems and detereorating events in Iraq/Afganistan. Other countries realize this launch an attack on Isreal, UK-

WW3

Iraq would be a major point of control in a WW3. Is it coincidence we are building huge underground noradlike military bases in Iraq right now? And we went in on 'questionable reasons'? Maybe...

Ambrosia3.gif

I'm buying a sniper and a handgun =P They are fun to shoot anyway, as hopefully I will never have to use them.

But more importantly supplies are something to get. Not just the possibility of WW3 or civil war etc.. Global warming, and other unseen things.. Just having stuff like never ending flashlights, canned foods. Seeds of good fruits veges, medical stuff like comfry aloe, etc...

I just have an internal thing telling me to get ready for something big. And I have learned to listen to such internal insite.

"I want a pepper gun. One powerful enough like the one that knocked the dude down that was shot in the back."

I'll sell you one. If you want. lol.. Are you over 18? You just have to find the pepper spray balls... Probably harder to find.

I have a fire extinguisher size pepper spray too(with a 30 foot spray length and like 10 foot radius). lmao. But thats not for sale.

Ambrosia3.gif

although here's a fun and frightening fact.

in 1998-1999 they polled folks and found that 1% believed the world would end in their lifetime. Thats with the millinium right around the corner.

In 2000-2001 they polled the same folks....and found that the number had jumped to 17%.

I'll see if i can find the site that had the original poll figures.

The US has a president who believes that more guns and more god is the answer to the worlds woes. This is also a president who honestly believes that when armegeddon plays out, he's going to heaven with the rest of the born-agains and true faith christians.

He is not afraid of causing world war 3. He righteous and he's doing the lords work, as he see's it. He's forcing peace in the middle east at the tip of a sword.

but thats just my doom and gloom kicking in....

as for a civil war in america, i just don't see it happening. We, as americans, are a lazy lot and it takes a lot to get us off our asses to do anything for ourselves. Will there be a large politcal upheavel if Bush wins? probably, as the various factions of the republican party start to dook it out over the fiscal irresponsibility of Bush's administration. Will the face of US politics change because of it? probably not, since the average american simply doesn't care that much.