How do we know Revan in KOTOR2

my guess would be that you take control of atton's side of the converstaion to answer the questions.

example:

PC: what was revan like?

Atton (under player contol): he/she was pure evil!

PC: You mentioned some people traveled with him/her to save the galaxy whatever happened to them?

Atton: Most died at the hands of revan, but a few managed to make themselves useful to his/her quest to retake his/her mantle of dark lord from malak.

its the only way I can see it working really since the devs have said that the PC has been on the outer rim for a few years I wouldn't know what happend to revan. or something to that effect anyway.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Let's note that the events in KotOR took place 5 years before KotOR II. A lot can happen in five years. It makes plenty of sense that your character knows of Revan and his fate. I mean, he either became *the* hero of the Republic or *the* dark lord of the Sith. I can imagine that Revan was the talk of the entire galaxy for a pretty long time. Your character has probably heard of the events. I think it's safe to say that the conversation go something like this:

Atton Rand:

Do you know what Revan did?

PC:

1: He/She came close to taking over the galaxy.

2: He/She saved the republic from Darth Malak.

Atton Rand:

Not on his own, though. What do you know of his companions?

PC

1: bla bla bla this character etc.

It's improbable that the PC knows about specific characters but not impossible. Besides, there's only a few characters you need to know about. In Darkside, Jolee, Juhani, Mission and Zaalbar die anyway as far as I know, so there's no need to mention them. You only need to know if female Revan killed Carth or not. In Lightside, the biggest problems are whether or not you picked up HK and Juhani, and if you killed Bastila or not, and as far as I know, the devs are assuming you took HK, because so far he's hinted to be playing a huge part in the story, and Juhani was only a minor character you could kill in every possible gameplay style, so it's safe to assume she doesn't factor in here at all. Canderous and TM don't need to be mentioned because they survive anyway. So it comes down on this:

Dark Side

If she killed the war hero Carth Onasi. The PC will probably know this as they both fought in the Mandalorian Wars(quite possibly side-to-side because Telos is made to be such a big deal in TSL which easily leaves room for that), and in all possibility will have heard of what happened to it's heroes.

Lightside

If he/she redeemed the Jedi Bastila Shan or killed her, which he will probably have heard of because Bastila was a big deal both to the Republic and the Sith. I mean, she *was* the key to the whole Republic war effort, according to Carth.

Sorry for the long post. If I hadn't eaten them, everyone who read the whole of it would have gotten a sour candy ball.

they havent hinted that during the conversation the npcs will be brought up...but i would imagine the survival of Bastilla, and to a lesser extent carth needs to be established because they arent really side characters. I don't think they would even bother with juhani....you're believed to be the last jedi right? bringing in more jedi would make it less epic (same with jolee)

characters you will see/hear about in order of most to least likely(according to me)

T3m3 and Revan, Hk-47 & Canderous and Bastilla, Carth, mission, jolee, zaalbar, juhani

i am pretty sure reven is goin to b a factor in the game. if ls then i think we will have 2 find him/her coz they were a friend in the mandalore wars and if ds find out wot happen for him/her to fall and the other sith lords to take over bcoz reven cant just b forgotten.

wot ppl think bout that?

On the original question: I kinda don't understand how the PC fills in the gaps of the original game.

I can understand the PC might know Revan as stated he/she followed Revan in the Mandalorian Wars but they were oucast after that. The PC never took part of the Sith War with Malak so how the heck does the PC know what Revan chose to do with the Star Forge and all the other decisions regarding the end of KotOR 1.

I certainly hope that's just left up in the air without an explanation.

However in the latest preview posted, it said that the PC is found floating inside the damaged Ebon Hawk then brought to Peragus (Sp?) where he/she wakes up after everyone there is suddenly killed. If that's true it's quite possible the PC had met with Revan at some point before the game begins and was actually working with him/her...

Who knows?

You cannot tell the details of Revan through Atton because Atton has been in jail for so long. All Atton knows is that Malak took reign of the sith... he does not know anything of Revans journey to the light side/ or return to the dark side to reign again.

On the original question: I kinda don't understand how the PC fills in the gaps of the original game.

I can understand the PC might know Revan as stated he/she followed Revan in the Mandalorian Wars but they were oucast after that. The PC never took part of the Sith War with Malak so how the heck does the PC know what Revan chose to do with the Star Forge and all the other decisions regarding the end of KotOR 1.

I certainly hope that's just left up in the air without an explanation.

However in the latest preview posted, it said that the PC is found floating inside the damaged Ebon Hawk then brought to Peragus (Sp?) where he/she wakes up after everyone there is suddenly killed. If that's true it's quite possible the PC had met with Revan at some point before the game begins and was actually working with him/her...

Who knows?

Agreed. Finding you on the Ebon Hawk should definately raise some eyebrows.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy