Does Amazon know something we don't?

Before I get shot down in flames - I know it's another release date thread and we should take them all with a pinch of salt <_<

Anyway, couldn't help noticing that Amazon (UK), and a number of other games stores are now listing the PC release date of Sith Lords as 29 April 2005!!! I'm hoping that this is just Amazon plucking dates out of thin air (and other sites setting release dates based on what they see on Amazon).

I can't get around the sneaking suspicion that Darth Gate$ wants a 3 month head start for the XBox edition in the UK. Grrr.

Anyone heard anything reliable on the subject? (I know Lucasarts were quoting 5 February for the international release for both platforms, but I think I'm justified in being sceptical about anything they say in this regard!)

It was the same thing in another thread. If it gets delayed, it's delayed. But don't trust any other site than Lucasarts when it comes to KotOR II's releasedate.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I dont mind. That means more development time. Which means a better game.

Not necessarily. KOTOR's PC version came out much later than the Xbox version. Was it a HUGE improvement? Other than Yavin station (which was available via Live anyways), what "improvements" were there between the two games?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Before I get shot down in flames - I know it's another release date thread and we should take them all with a pinch of salt <_<

Anyway, couldn't help noticing that Amazon (UK), and a number of other games stores are now listing the PC release date of Sith Lords as 29 April 2005!!!  I'm hoping that this is just Amazon plucking dates out of thin air (and other sites setting release dates based on what they see on Amazon). 

I can't get around the sneaking suspicion that Darth Gate$ wants a 3 month head start for the XBox edition in the UK.  Grrr.

Anyone heard anything reliable on the subject?  (I know Lucasarts were quoting 5 February for the international release for both platforms, but I think I'm justified in being sceptical about anything they say in this regard!)

It's true LA has confirmed it.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

As someone who uses Amazon pretty often, don't count on them knowing anything for sure, unfortantly this might also mean its coming out later then they say :blink:

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

As someone who uses Amazon pretty often, don't count on them knowing anything for sure, unfortantly this might also mean its coming out later then they say :o

Would that really surprise you? Considering they've already done away with the "simultaneous release" thing, so I wouldn't be surprised if the PC version came out a good 6 or so months after the Xbox version.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

at this rate PC users will get TSL about the time xboxers will get KOTOR III

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Yes but your going to be secretly getting KOTOR4

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

umm I am a xbox gammer :rolleyes: , And I am getting my copy in dec so I don't have to worry about this at all :lol: .

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I dont mind. That means more development time. Which means a better game.

NOT TRUE

It does NOT mean more devolpment time of any real value. If at all. Remeber 2 things: 1. The move up of the release date did NOT effect the date BOTH versions had to be turned in. 2. The PC version WAS/IS on track to be finished on time and released in Dec (the same date as the X-box version). The delay was NOT for more time to work on it.

Unless LA decides it wants to pay Obsidian to work further on the PC version, and thats long odds considering how little they seem to care about that version, you will see ZERO improvements due to the delay.

BTW, I am willing to bet that LA doesn't do anything like Yavin this time around. It will be much smaller in scale, if anything of any interest at all.

NOT TRUE

It does NOT mean more devolpment time of any real value. If at all. Remeber 2 things: 1. The move up of the release date did NOT effect the date BOTH versions had to be turned in. 2. The PC version WAS/IS on track to be finished on time and released in Dec (the same date as the X-box version). The delay was NOT for more time to work on it.

Exactly.

I don't understand why people automatically assume delayed release date=more work being done. It doesn't. It means exactly what it infers, a delayed release. Nothing more, nothing less.

NOT TRUE

Exactly.

I don't understand why people automatically assume delayed release date=more work being done. It doesn't. It means exactly what it infers, a delayed release. Nothing more, nothing less.

No no no, it means that Akari is getting to play our game. We want our game Akari. :rolleyes:

More delays simply means LA has crunched some numbers and ran statistics and decided that if the PC version is delayed there are more profits in for them.

Probably from owners of both XboX and PC, who decide that they can't wait. Microsoft is pushing XboX pretty hard and they probably wouldn't want to release a product that might take away from XboX sales simultaneously either.

Its probably the financially smart thing to do. Ahh what the hell, I have to study until then anyways. *SOB*

i found out the best way to get the release date of kotor 2 was to email the local shop (remaining nameless) customer support centre and ask when it was arriving and they told me mid-late december xbox version sorry pc users. I actually had to send it twice cause they tried to tell me i was after kotor which was already out :blink:

If they do go for wildly different US and international pc release dates, all that'll happen is people will import it (I mean, what is the difference between the US and the UK version - they don't even change the spelling so it's not like they have to do any work on it.)

Just a thought though - do Lucasarts get a better margin off the XBox edition or something? I know a fair few people own PCs and XBoxes, so that might explain why they are so keen to delay the PC version...

I knew they'd screw over international PC users big time, we aren't worth anything at all to Micro$oft, though this'll only mean I will import the US version somewhere in march.

I know a fair number of people who won't be willing to pay the additional fees for imports and will aquire this in some other fashion, and frankly if I didn't work in one of the only jobs where I can't afford to engage in alternative product aquisition so would I, if I were still in college I wouldn't give it a second thought. All that differing the US and international PC release dates will accomplish is a loss of revenue for LA Europe and probably LA in general too.