Music for Project X?

Care to share who'll compose the music for Project X?

For me music is half the experience when I play games or watch movies so this is something I'm VERY inttrested in.

I'm hoping for composers like Jack Wall or Michael Giacchino, but if it turns out to be Jeremy Soule I'm going to stuff myself into a meatgrinder.

LOL, well, maybe just my ears then. So I don't have to hear another JS run of the mill.

Seriously though, Jeremy Soule is a very one dimensional composer imo, I mean, his music for KOTOR sounds like it could be in NWN, his music for NWN sounds like it could be in Dungeon Siege, his music for Dungeon Siege sounds like it could be in Icewind Dale... (fill out the rest)

what about Neil Young? Or maybe Pink Floyd with a Gilmour Waters reunion?

that would be nice.

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!

Or more important imo. Who is doing the voice overs? ;)

"The purpose of abstracting is not to be vague,

but to create a new semantic level in which one

can be absolutely precise."

-Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002

LARGEST SIG WINS !?

what about Neil Young? Or maybe Pink Floyd with a Gilmour Waters reunion?

that would be nice.

If there is music with a chorus/verse/general words, I probably will not buy it. Unless the words are like the LotR chanting of Khazad dun, or the choirs of an ancient race hanging on the air as if the place had memories...

Not, "hello [echo]... is there anybody out there?" crapsa. I am a traditionalist, in this sense, I suppose.

Not, "hello [echo]... is there anybody out there?" crapsa. I am a traditionalist, in this sense, I suppose.

is there anybody IN there?

but i know what you mean, there haven't been all that many good songs written since ode to joy

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!

Straylight Productions. I love those folks who work there. I still remember Crusader: No Remorse and Deus Ex themes... they are.. legendary! But somehow, this strange feeling between my fingers tells me that Straylight Productions will not be making music. :p

Yes! Thank you Roshan, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. His tunes a quite stale, even the action cues. Being a Trombone player I'd be pretty bored playing one of his scores, his minimalistic writing for the brass section is one of the reasons his KOTOR score failed so miserably. Writing great brasslines is something John Williams knows how to do. Also, Jeremy Soule's character themes are laughable compared to John Williams' or even Joel McNeely's from SOTE.

The only thing I like from Jeremy Soule is 'Total Annihilation'.

Jesper Kyd is a great dane (NO not a dog), I was actually kind of surprised by the Hitman 2 soundtrack, considering I use to remember him making tunes on the old C64.

Noriyuki Iwadare is also quite good, though my favourite from him must be Grandia. I'm not sure how the japanese console rpg composers would do in a PC rpg - though I'm sure it would be quite interesting.

Soule's best work is found in HOTU. He has other good songs; but he (and all other composers mentioned in this theead) are overrated by following their works that have been named.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.