Farscape

Dakoth

So what does everyone think of the First enstallment? Heh there were some revelations and things that happened that absolutely floored me. I thought the special effects were awsome and the story seems pretty good.There were some things brought up that I am curious about though and would like to disscuss so consider this your spoiler alert.

1. Ok so the Olians took humans increased their evolution and enhanced them and called the Sebatian. Why is it that the scarans are so technologically more advanced than the peace keepers. The olians did that over 2700 years ago after all.

2. How is it the scarans have all these wonderful natural traits and no weakness just seems odd to me.

3. The olians seem to be the only ones to know about humans how can that be after all this time?

The only thing I have to say is why if the Sebatians are advanced humans do they do not have any advanced characteristics? And in fact have a severe weakness in their susceptibility to heat?

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

I think it has something to do with control, easier to control if suseptable to heat or a draw back to the enhanced abilities. In previous episodes it had been shown that Sebatians have better reflexes, more strength, better hearing and eyesight than humans of earth. So like I said maybe that was a draw back to the enhancement procedure.

This pains me to no end. The PK Wars are not airing in Canada. Not even on cable (Sci-Fi isn't a channel option).

Hopefully it won't take long for the DVD to be released as our version of Sci-Fi (The Space Station) can't get the airing rights until next year.

It's "Sebacean", by the way.

newlogo.gif

2700 years. That's not enough time for any really advanced evolution.

Plus they have no environment to adapt to. (like humans loosing the hairyness of monkeys after the ice age. ;) )

I watched Farscape for the first few years, but this is like "Classic" Farscape. Bravo!

Fnord.

Remember the revelation last night was that Sebaceans are artificially evolved and enhanced by the Odelons(sp?). Also I was talking technologically advances it seems the Scarans are quite a bit more advanced. You would think the advances would be great for a race that was able to artificially evolve and enhance another, which is what the Sebaceans are working from.

P.S. Sorry to hear that phosphor if I had my PC set up as a media center I would have recorded it and sent it to you. ;)

So what does everyone think of the First enstallment?  Heh there were some revelations and things that happened that absolutely floored me.  I thought the special effects were awsome and the story seems pretty good.There  were some things brought up that I am curious about though and would like to disscuss so consider this your spoiler alert.

1.  Ok so the Olians took humans increased their evolution and enhanced them and called the Sebatian.  Why is it that the scarans are so technologically more advanced than the peace keepers.  The olians did that over 2700 years ago after all.

2.  How is it the scarans have all these wonderful natural traits and no weakness just seems odd to me.

3.  The olians seem to be the only ones to know about humans how can that be after all this time?

Whaa...? There's a new installment of the Farscape-series? The last thing i heard was that series was canceled. I must've been living under a rock lately.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Whaa...? There's a new installment of the Farscape-series? The last thing i heard was that series was canceled. I must've been living under a rock lately.

And how is that rock under which you've been living? Must be pretty nice... :blink:

The Peacekeeper Wars is a four part miniseries designed to pretty much finish off the Farscape story. Of course, if it does really well, the show could be continued in some form.

Dakoth, that's very kind of you. Someday I want my PC as a media centre, but that just hasn't happened yet.

newlogo.gif

Wow what an ending that will go down as some of the best eps for me although it wasn't left as open ended as I thpught it would be. I wonder what the crew of Moya will be if they coninue making Mini sereis or movies?

Phosphor I can't make any promises but they are going to replay it in its entirety on sunday all 4 hours. I will se what I can do about recording it.

I saw in a G4 Tech TV interview thing on Screen Savers with the guy who plays John Crichton, and I think he mentioned something about a movie. Or that's what it seems, have to watch it again. But I know it was about Farscape and the mini-series.

Evolutionary Development

I saw in a G4 Tech TV interview thing on Screen Savers with the guy who plays John Crichton, and I think he mentioned something about a movie. Or that's what it seems, have to watch it again. But I know it was about Farscape and the mini-series.

The future of Farscape is pretty open-ended and really depends on things like how well the miniseries does, what Henson Productions can do, interest from TV stations or movie studios and so on. I know it had been mentioned by Rockne O'Bannon (the series mastermind) and someone at Henson that it's possible the show could go into movie format or a series of mini-series, or even regular television production, but it all depends on many factors. Mainly that PKW has to do very well in ratings.

newlogo.gif

Spoilker alert

I hate to do this to you Phosphor as you haven't seen it yet but they dramatically changed a lot of plot elements. Scorpius no longer sees worm holes as a viable weapon. Almost the whole Peace Keeper and Scaran fleets were destroyed by Crichton, D'Argo died, and now John and Aryen have a baby. Rigel has been asked to come and rule Hyneria again and Stark no longer posseses his powers. They did a whole lot in the 4 hours they had.

The future of Farscape is pretty open-ended and really depends on things like how well the miniseries does, what Henson Productions can do, interest from TV stations or movie studios and so on. I know it had been mentioned by Rockne O'Bannon (the series mastermind) and someone at Henson that it's possible the show could go into movie format or a series of mini-series, or even regular television production, but it all depends on many factors. Mainly that PKW has to do very well in ratings.

If they do a movie it'll be all-new-'1337ed' up CG characters instead of muppets, just like the Prequel Trilogy. :ph34r:

No it won't. Part of the reason Farscape was dumped by Sci-Fi was the cost, and both Henson Productions and the Farscape creatorive team's refusal to move from the expensive puppet animatronics to cheaper CGI.

It costs a lot of money to make Farscape, and it would be much cheaper if they went with CGI, but those responsible for Farscape would rather see it cancelled than compromised, and I agree with them.

If Farscape went the movie route, you can be sure it would use the same puppets and such the TV show does, and to a greater degree given the customarily higher budget of films. Sure there'd be lots of CGI (each successive season of the show had more CGI) but that does not mean the puppets would be abandonded. Farscape is produced by Henson Productions, they're all about puppetry!

<skipped Dakoth's spoiler post - if anyone else has big spoiler content, please be kind and mark it as such, for my sake. please?>

newlogo.gif

No it won't. Part of the reason Farscape was dumped by Sci-Fi was the cost, and both Henson Productions and the Farscape creatorive team's refusal to move from the expensive puppet animatronics to cheaper CGI.

It costs a lot of money to make Farscape, and it would be much cheaper if they went with CGI, but those responsible for Farscape would rather see it cancelled than compromised, and I agree with them.

If Farscape went the movie route, you can be sure it would use the same puppets and such the TV show does, and to a greater degree given the customarily higher budget of films. Sure there'd be lots of CGI (each successive season of the show had more CGI) but that does not mean the puppets would be abandonded. Farscape is produced by Henson Productions, they're all about puppetry!

<skipped Dakoth's spoiler post - if anyone else has big spoiler content, please be kind and mark it as such, for my sake. please?>

:)

I was just making a jab at Lucas.....sorry you didn't catch on. I like puppets, and I knew all that. I was quite upset when he did what he did with the Special Edition, and then the Prequel Trilogies, and now the Special Special Edition DVDs. Puppets are cool. :)

Wow, that were one of the best 3 hours in the whole series... Awesome and very touching... Thanks to all who made it possible.

Btw, fresh from scifiwire:

"Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars delivered a 1.5 household rating and 1.7 million viewers in its Oct. 17 premiere, an 81 percent ratings improvement and a triple-digit increase in key demographics versus the time period average for October 2003. The second night, Oct. 18, drew even more viewers, with a 1.9 household rating and 2.1 million viewers. Overall, the four-hour miniseries, a continuation of the Farscape series, averaged a 1.7 household rating and drew 1.9 million viewers in its 9 p.m.-11 p.m. timeslot, making SCI FI the number-one nonsports cable network among adults aged 25-54 and 18-49 for the two nights.

Among viewers aged 25-54 and 18-49, SCI FI beat out TNT, TBS and Spike TV. Peacekeeper Wars delivered a total audience of 6.9 million viewers over the two nights, with four telecasts of the first two-hour installment and three telecasts of the second."

Although it has a very huge feeling of finality there are still things that could be done afterwards - well or in between (remember the B5 movies?).

As for DVD, I've heard it's planned for a Jan release.

***SPOILER ALERT ******

Anyone else cry for Dago (I can't spell it, I'm not geeky enough)?

I thought the whole pregnancy scene was pretty funny. I seriously doubt they'll bring the show back, if anything they might do a spin off and have a few characters return. Maybe we can follow Dago's son or something, he was pretty awesome.

It was pretty awesome, I'm also excited to see Battlestar Gallactica is coming up in January.

Spoiler!! Phosphor do not read.

I was completely stunned when D'Argo died. I thought we seen the only fatality with Jewel, then that happened and I was like what the **** was that. That is one of the rasons I think that Farscape will only come back as mini series' all the sudden and drastic changes that took place.