Holocrons in TSL

Is our PC likely to find any holocrons during the game?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Is our PC likely to find any holocrons during the game?

• Yes
    • No
    • Who cares?
    • We'll have to wait and see

IS there any possibility that our PC might come across some holocrons during the game?

IMO there is a high probabilty that this will happen on Korriban and if you 're DS you will learn some secrets of the Sith.

On the ohter hand if you 're a true Jedi, Dantooine will be the place. I guess that a Jedi Master would have written some valuable information on a holocron (moments before he dies) in case a Jedi finds it in the future.

What are your opinions on this matter?

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

I hope that you do find holocrons. I think that would be very rad...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Interesting topic. Well it's plain and simple just to say yes because holocrons were placed throughout KOTOR. I really enjoy some of the holocrons. ( The ones that explain some of the history for game depth and understanding ) And some were just useless... eitherway they are a good addition to the game as always.

More logical to find notepads then a dead person talking to you or something lol

Maybe except holocrons you would find and some holograms...seeing what happend, meaning how the Jedi got killed. Maybe this could be done in a cutscene or something.

Maybe except holocrons you would find and some holograms...seeing what happend, meaning how the Jedi got killed. Maybe this could be done in a cutscene or something.

That would be really cool. It could be like a mystery: you see the Jedi getting killed by some shady person but you can't make out their identity.

Also you might be able to learn techniques from holocrons.

Or enhancing certain force-powers.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I like holocron, they are a good way to tell you about the past w/o having some dialoge sequence. I hope that they use alot of this and keep the dialoge more about really important things, big moments and such.

I also like the ideas of learning techniques from them, it especially make since with the Jedi, because if the expanded repetoir and the lack of alot of Jedis to teach you

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

maybe its how we learn some of the new force powers like battle meditation... a jedi master left a holocron on dantooine and u find it and it instructs u in battle meditation. for crush it could be with a sith holocron who knows

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

maybe its how we learn some of the new force powers like battle meditation... a jedi master left a holocron on dantooine and u find it and it instructs u in battle meditation.  for crush it could be with a sith holocron who knows

Well, thats more possible. It is said that holocrons hold the greatest wisdom of the Jedi ORder. And they will surely contain valuable info. Though i dont think they can actualy TEACH you to use such awesome power as Battle Meditation.

Apropo, I dont think that the Sith also have holocrons...

If we were to find holocrons anywhere I would think they would be on either Duxun or Dantooine. I think it would tie the KOTOR series closer to the EU universe by including them while adding another element to TSL that wasn't in KOTOR, Also maybe when you find a holocron it would add a new force power to you list that wasn't in the list to begin with (i.e. when you start the game all you have for the heal force powers is cure and heal but after you find a Jedi holocron all of the sudden master heal is listed).

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well there is a possibility that there will be force cloud, meaing places that you will be tempted by the Dark Side of the Force..

So why not with Sith Holocrons?

I thought holocrons were a rare thing to find, especially Sith holocrons.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester