What was lame in KOTOR?

Guest ChaosStorm
What i found poor was when on Mannan, after i confessed to breaking in to the Sith base, i was put to death in a cage. HOW LAME. Being level 20 at the time, why the hell would the PC just allow them to do that jedi or Sith. Any others?

Level 20 on Manaan? Yikes!

What I found most lame was the horrible slowness with which certain aliens like selkath and wookies spoke.

Most lame however was the entire promised land quest in the under city. I sure hope for those pelgrims that the promised land wasn't somewhere on Taris! :)

The lamest part was the stupid choices open for evil characters. Only in the Jedi base did we have option of saying nice thing while using a lie. After that you could more or less not lie anymore.

So I hope there is much more options for decite as a DS Jedi in KotOR2.

I found Manaan a very irritating level when I wasn't in the Sith base killing anything that moved.

The best levels in my opinion were Endar Spire (yes I know...but it had more character than alot of the other levels), Leviathan, Taris and perhaps the Unknown World. These were the only levels I felt had been properly fleshed out.

Tatooine was plain boring, and didn't really feel like you expected from the films, in fact I could have sworn I was on a bad Tatooine copy most of the time.

Dantooine was quite good, but the Sandral-Matale fued ruined the level <_<

Kashyyyk was quite good aswell, but didn't the lack of the option to shove my lightsabers up Chundar's runty little ass disappointed me, and aside from this was alright as a level.

Korriban, which is the birth place of the Sith, was a big disapppointment. Judging from what we've seen so far it looks like Korriban will be much better this time around, far darker and more sinister. Korriban looked more like a hangout for losers to me. I wanted lots of priest-like, robed sith with hoods up (etc, etc, etc) being quiet and sinister. Instead I got loud-mouthed Lashowe thrust in my face when I first arrived.

Manaan was just tedious really. Far too much time running from place to place in order to get things done. Once you got into the Sith base it was much better.

My big beef with the levels is that, despite their being an enormous galaxy-spanning war happening, everyone looked like they were on a holiday camp, and there were no pieces where you walk straight into the middle of a battle between the Sith and the Republic/Jedi. Since TSL is supposed to be a lot darker I hope this is going to be fixed.

My second rant is on the 'evil' choices. I've said it all before so I won't bore you all by saying it again. *collective sigh of relief from everyone on the boards*

Sorry for the long post, and anyone who read it all deserves a medal (no I don't have any to spare at the moment, sorry).

my only complaint is that your knowledge of being revan is actually useless...

ok, your party members call you revan (sometimes-). But for the rest its useless, you can't convince anyone that you're revan and it doesnt alters the playthrough on any of the planets... rreeeaalllllyyy lame that is.

I like it when there are decisions in a game that lead to a dead end. The court on Manaan is such a case. Answer wrong and you can't leave the planet anymore.

But it was lame that the Jedi Council on Dantooine didn't react in a realistic manner. I was expecting a "game over" there when I showed them unmistakeably that I'm Darth Revan again.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

For me, it was Manaan (deepsea walking sucked), spacewalking on the Leviathan, and the fact that you couldn't take over the Sith Academy. Oh, and that you can't get Yuthura to join you even after you killed Juhani.

Mainly I hated all the running through the deserts on Tatooine and other areas because it got dead boring fast. I also hated not being able to upgrade my swoop bike.

One thing I'm thankful for: they changed their minds about naming Bastila 'Juhani'. Somehow, 'Juhani' wouldn't have fit Bastila's character very well.

What I found Totallly Lame was the fact that Yuthura Ban could not join your party. In Tatoine I got HK and in Kashyyk Jolee. Both planets were places that anyone would like to get away from, so why not Korriban. Besides it was the worst place for an ex-sith to be, so she should definetily want to get out of planet as quick as possible. So why not join Revan? I just don't get it. At least I hope she appears in KotoR 2 or even better I wish Obsidian makes her a joinable NPC now.

....Not having the ability to slaughter everyone who looked at me wrong on Manaan....When the Manaan Authorities come and get you and take you to court they have an option something to this "You will never take me alive"...My first time playing the game i thought by saying that line that i would be able to fight through Manaan killing everything in sight to escape....But didnt work out like that.I agree that the knowledge of you being Revan was stupid....Everyone on all the planets still treated you like trash...Especially the Sith on Manaan and Korriban.

(...)

I agree that the knowledge of you being Revan was stupid....Everyone on all the planets still treated you like trash...Especially the Sith on Manaan and Korriban.

I think Bioware made it that way to keep the player at it. They tried to tick you off by this. For me i.e. the destruction of Taris had been a motivation to hunt down Malak.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

Oh, and that you can't get Yuthura to join you even after you killed Juhani.

I agree, Yuthura would have been nice.

Or Belaya, for that matter.

Lame things->

Lightsabers weren't deadly enough.

Fights lasted too long if you didn't use Force Powers.

Force Wave was too powerful.

And lastly, the game itself was too easy.

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

Lack of hoods and billowing cloaks (when they told us cloaks would billow)

bastards!

-There is no Light or Dark. There is only Power, and those to weak to seek it!

-Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

-I find no joy in taking the life of someone that finds no value in it.

-If you only get out of life what you put into it,why not just keep it all to begin with and save a whole lot of waisted time and effort?

I never liked that Darth Revan thingy. It would have been great if people actually listened to you and if they didn't, you could do the force choke on them or something or duel them and then you could ask their opinion, if they would still be alive :D

Alot of people didn't like the idea of not being able to use your true identity as Revan to your advantage. I'm a Lightsider, but when I play Darkside, I'd like people to fear me! Not laugh in my face! Also, another thing lame, was when you killed the Masters of the Sith Academy on Korriban, everyone revolted agaisnt you! I wish it were possible for you to take controll, and depending on your alignment, redeem the lot of them, or use them to your total advantage.