palpatine/sidious

all this talk of sith lords, encompassing darth sidious/emperor palpatine has made me wonder, for such an all powerful galaxy owning, death star driving vader killing menace he doesnt seem very sith like, i mean you only see him use his powers once, never uses a lightsaber and doesnt hav the whole yoda wisdom thing (not even in an evil way). ne1 else eva thought this or is it just moi...

Why go through the effort of killing someone when you can just as easily twist them to the darkside.. and the bonus is you dont have to leave your chair to do that.

If palpatine wanted somebody killed, he had a large cadre of jedi-killing assassins and the big DV. he didnt need to do anything.

In that way, he is sithlike. He sees all and slowly twists and manipulates the galaxy into doing all his work for him.

thats true darkside power.

Palpatine is the absolute Sith. Where other thave failed misserably he succeded....

He only used his power when it was an absolute nessecity.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Guest ChaosStorm
Well firstly he fights luke with a lightsaber so yeh. Powers more than one for example, when he chokes the officer and when he uses objects in cloud city to throw luke out the window. But yeh he certainly wasn't the 'badest' Sith.

We are talking about Palpatine here. Not Darth Vader :lol:

As for Palps - perhaps he doesn't act very sithy, but he is surely a brilliant politician. I love the way how he started the seperatist movement as Sidious in Ep 2, so that he as chancelor could create a large army - which is the first looks of the Imperial Army. The Imperial March during the last scene of Ep 2 made that clear anough :)

Guest ChaosStorm
Palpatine is the absolute Sith. Where other thave failed misserably he succeded....

He only used his power when it was an absolute nessecity.

Absolutely right! Palpatine is the mightest Sith Lord of all times. After all, he was the only Sith able to crush the Republic...

I wonder though. How long did the Empire exist? Anyone knows? With the republic being what - 20000 years old or so? Surely.... 50 years of Empire on 20k years of republic isn't such a big deal in history (it is of course if you have the rotten luck to live in those 50 years)

I wonder though. How long did the Empire exist? Anyone knows? With the republic being what - 20000 years old or so? Surely.... 50 years of Empire on 20k years of republic isn't such a big deal in history (it is of course if you have the rotten luck to live in those 50 years)

About 50 years, that's right. A drop in the bucket if you take the EU timeframe....but frankly, the EU timeframe is very lame.

In that 50 years, though, he did manage to virtually annihilate every trace of the Jedi such that the Jedi Order could never be the same again and had to start from scratch. He may not have ruled long, but he certainly had a major impact.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I bet we'll see Palpy take out his lightsaber in Episode III.

We will, he takes on the little green man. Read it in a news article interview, it talked about his stunt man and how he had to put in some work with a lightsaber.

Fun fun :lol:

-There is no Light or Dark. There is only Power, and those to weak to seek it!

-Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

-I find no joy in taking the life of someone that finds no value in it.

-If you only get out of life what you put into it,why not just keep it all to begin with and save a whole lot of waisted time and effort?

Acording to the EU Palpatine is using Battle Meditation on the space battle at the same time as trying to turn Luke to the Dark Side.

In the prequals he is able to hide his Dark Side presance from the Jedi Council, and cloud thier Force Clairvoyance.

In the Dark Horse comics he is able to transfer his soul to a new body and Summon a planetry scale Force Storm.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Sidious is a misterious, shady character. He doesnt look so powerful on first sight, but thats the trick. He was able to hide his pressence even in front of Yoda and that means that he`s realy powerful. We didnt see him using lightsaber in the trilogy, but (SPOILER) well see him do that in EP III. His power is so great, that even the advanced technology and usefullness of the lightsaber is beyond it.

its just we never get to see all the raw darkside power he has, cos he must be like kickass powerful, and i would like that to be expressed in a less subtle way, with yoda you just look at him, hear him talk and know he wud own your insignifcant ass. with palpy tho i dont get that and would like to see more of it

its just we never get to see all the raw darkside power he has, cos he must be like kickass powerful, and i would like that to be expressed in a less subtle way, with yoda you just look at him, hear him talk and know he wud own your insignifcant ass. with palpy tho i dont get that and would like to see more of it

We`ll probably see A LOT MORE in Episode III. And he will have a significiant amount of screenplay demonstrating the power of the Dark Side. You`ll be satisfied, be asured.

speakin of epiii ne1 know a release date for uk?

I'ts May in america

-Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

-If you only get out of life what you put into it,why not just keep it all to begin with and save a whole lot of waisted time and effort?

How I can not wait.

I think this one has a good chance of being good to!

Revenge of the Sith is gonna rock!!!!!

At least we 're going to see something that will make us stop calling Anakin, Ani

I don't know if that's possible, the little twirp is such a complainer, I don't know how Palpantine could put up with it!

the whinny usually fall to the dark side

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

the whinny usually fall to the dark side

Yep, I don't partucularly like Jedi, Anakin's lucky he wasn't working with a sith that day, cause when he said "Why?" he would have recieved a lightsaber upside the head.