Give KOTOR2 non-Jedi NPCs a chance?

With the first KOTOR, most players wind up not using the non-Jedi NPCs once they got past Dantooine or very sparingly.

I actually found the non-Jedi NPCs pretty useful at times especially Mission in partnership with Jolee. With Jolee disabling and damaging enemies with force powers, Mission sneak attacking the lot and the PC had a hard time keeping up with the damage she was doing. Or a tandem of meelee build Carth and Canderous with a consular PC etc.

I think Mira is going to be interesting to use. As a scout she will have the best possible saving throws of any character in the party. The wrist launcher looks pretty wicked but not sure what advantage it really has over blasters and grenades. Do wrist launched ammo not need to roll to hit? That could be pretty powerful unless the ammo is limited. After all, grenades don't need to roll to hit either, just rolls to evade certain effects and determine damage.

Atton Rand being a scoundrel like Mission could be pretty devastating if used properly and with the proper party complement.

The Zabrak looks pretty mean but I don't have much information on him. As per the devs, they are designing the game to encourage people to swap NPCs in and out to give them all a chance. Any of you have specific intentions of how to best exploit these NPCs given the limited information we now have.

I think acienct artifacts of cililisations that protected themselves from the Jedi/Sith would be cool.

:unsure: huh?

I think ancient artifacts of civilizations that protected themselves from the Jedi/Sith would be cool.

Were there any. :huh:

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

I agree with you. I used jedi only on my first play through and after that I usually had at least one non-jedi in my party. Using a buffed up Canderous and Carth with melee weapons was very powerful and chopped through anything so fast I usually didn

I remember them saying that some of your NPC will be send on their own missions at a particular time. So that you have to get to know your party members better and appreciate their abilities more.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

I think acienct artifacts of cililisations that protected themselves from the Jedi/Sith would be cool.

:lol: huh?

I think ancient artifacts of civilizations that protected themselves from the Jedi/Sith would be cool.

Were there any. :)

Soak yourself in Ysalamari blood or keep one as a pocket sized pet.... would stop you from using force powers but it would also stop everyone around you using them :)

In the novels there are pockets in space and on planets where a Jedi cant feel the force.

Wasn't it said someplace awhile ago that there would be force pockets in the game? or am I completely wrong on this? oh and what exactly are force pockets?

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Soak yourself in Ysalamari blood or keep one as a pocket sized pet.... would stop you from using force powers but it would also stop everyone around you using them  :mellow:

Hontou(true),

but do you consider a creature like ysalamari as ancient artifact. ?

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.