So....what happens when a Jedi prestige class....

Example: Joe Jedi spends the entire game saving cats from trees and saving babies in runaway strollers. He goes heavily into the Light, and when the time comes he chooses to become a Jedi Master.

Then the player running Joe Jedi gets bored and decides to start throwing those same cats and babies into woodchippers. He kills his goody-good companions and wrecks terrible havoc across every world he visits; suddenly Joe Jedi becomes Sam Sith.

And yet his presige class is Jedi Master. The alternative idea, of a Dark Side SOB killing and maiming his way through the entire game then turning to the Light Side after he's gained levels in the Sith Lord class, is equally problematic.

Sooo.....does your prestige class switch to it's equivalent on the light/dark side when you start slipping from your current approach to the Force? Or do the prestige classes come at a point in the game where there's no turning back (hopefully not)?

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Example: Joe Jedi spends the entire game saving cats from trees and saving babies in runaway strollers. He goes heavily into the Light, and when the time comes he chooses to become a Jedi Master.

Then the player running Joe Jedi gets bored and decides to start throwing those same cats and babies into woodchippers. He kills his goody-good companions and wrecks terrible havoc across every world he visits; suddenly Joe Jedi becomes Sam Sith.

And yet his presige class is Jedi Master. The alternative idea, of a Dark Side SOB killing and maiming his way through the entire game then turning to the Light Side after he's gained levels in the Sith Lord class, is equally problematic.

Sooo.....does your prestige class switch to it's equivalent on the light/dark side when you start slipping from your current approach to the Force? Or do the prestige classes come at a point in the game where there's no turning back (hopefully not)?

Joe Jedi can't.

turn to dark side that is...

the whole scenarion is impossible....

just like in KOTOR I, the choice of D/L Side is a fixed one, on a specific point in the game.

This of course is pure speculation from my part.

It is my opinion however.

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

Guest Fallen Jedi

I'm guessing that if your light side meter is at the top, then you pretty much can't turn to the DS or atleast it will take LOTS of time...

Gee. That has not occurred to me. Hope one of the devs will answer this. In the first KOTOR, the further up the meter you were the more of a hit in points you get if you do just one act of the opposite alignment. It has been noted that the PC alignment also impacts some of the NPCs alignment as well.

Interesting question. I don't think I saw something in the sw rulebook on this matter. In KotOR I, you've never changed you class, actually, your 'alignment' notwithstanding.

It should be in the DS rulebook, I presume.

I would guess, this depends on wheter developers consider Sith and Jedi to be different classes. If so, than you'll need to multiclass into a Sith. More likely though the PC would flip-flop between 'Sith' and 'Jedi' based on the current alignment.

I'm guessing that if your light side meter is at the top, then you pretty much can't turn to the DS or atleast it will take LOTS of time...

Getting from max Light to max Dark is hard. Getting from max Light to well into Dark isn't so hard, especially since the final decision on the Rakatan Temple knocks you well into the range of whichever side you pick.

And really, all you need to be is very Dark for being a Jedi Master to make no sense.

Sooo.....does your prestige class switch to it's equivalent on the light/dark side when you start slipping from your current approach to the Force? Or do the prestige classes come at a point in the game where there's no turning back

Given the game mehcanics, nothing happens except you will have to a FP penalty when using LS powers.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

in kotor1 once i make a big part of the game LS and the other (the last) DS, I remained LS in the end whereas my alignment and face was LS. So maybe once you've got the prestige class, you can't reverse alignment.

You should lose all your PrC abilities (

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

losing all ur abilities would be a wasted effort and would piss off some, just make it to where once u get to ur prestige class u can't go any other direction in the other alignment, so say ur a darkside u cant get any lightside points once u get a prestige class, this would make sense since a prestige class kinda takes u deeper into ur alignment and there's no turnin back once u fully tap into the darkside, just like it would be hard to sway someone fully immersed into the light to join the darkside; adds a more star wars-y feeling to it...or if u change alignments it could just switch u over to the corresponding presitge class of the other alignment and adjust accordingly (powers, feats, etc...)...i still say the "no additional alignment once in the prestige class" would be the best option...

my 2 cents...

but it they haven't addressed this i smell some bugs creeping...

I think your class should change according to your choices and use of the force throughout the game.

And the argument about loosing powers isn't a valid one. Dooku went DS and yet his powers didn't decrease, on the contrary I might add. Same thing with Anakin when he becomes Vader.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Yeah. Anakin went from Jedi Weapons Master to Sith Lord. It should be a gradual thing in the game, though, which can take place at almost any point.

There was a point in KOTOR I where it would be lame to start switching because of the way the plot was. Reject Bastila's advances on the Temple and then go dark anyway? LAME.

"You shall not pass!"

Sooo.....does your prestige class switch to it's equivalent on the light/dark side when you start slipping from your current approach to the Force? Or do the prestige classes come at a point in the game where there's no turning back

Given the game mehcanics, nothing happens except you will have to a FP penalty when using LS powers.

Yup, I have thought about this issue and I expect this is what will happen.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

I feel that at a certain point of the game you will have to choose a prestige class like you had to make a choice up on the Rakatan Temple and that will determine if you go LS or DS to end the game. The difference is that you will be about half way or 2/3 into the game, which means there will still be a lot to do so that you can test our your new found abilities. JEDI MASTER!!!! YEAH!!!!!!

It wouldn't be Obsidian's style to restrict moral choices like that.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Err, really ?

How many Obsidian made games have you played ?

I mean isn't this their first. :unsure:

Only technically, since they're the successor company to Black Isle Studios.

I think this isn't a conceptual problem, because the "Jedi Master" class leads to improved LS abilities. And when you might decide to behave evil, then your LS abilities will cost more force points. Going this destructive way you don't automatically become a "Sith Lord" (in terms of class), but merely fool yourself and others. At this point even your last loyal party members (and possibly other Jedi allies respectively) will rebel against you, and in the end you won't have any advantages.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

I think this isn't a conceptual problem, because the "Jedi Master" class leads to improved LS abilities. And when you might decide to behave evil, then your LS abilities will cost more force points. Going this destructive way you don't automatically become a "Sith Lord" (in terms of class), but merely fool yourself and others. At this point even your last loyal party members (and possibly other Jedi allies respectively) will rebel against you, and in the end you won't have any advantages.

I don't think that's a very good way to handle it, though. The Dark Side is supposed to be seductive and powerful to even the greatest of the Jedi; if it simply destroyed all their advantages when they embraced it, then the only Dark Side users would be the people who started as Sith.

Just as Anakin Skywalker could become Darth Vader and be powerful in both incarnations, so room must be left for players who want to start out Light and slide into the Dark, or vice versa.

I don't think that's a very good way to handle it, though. The Dark Side is supposed to be seductive and powerful to even the greatest of the Jedi; if it simply destroyed all their advantages when they embraced it, then the only Dark Side users would be the people who started as Sith.

Just as Anakin Skywalker could become Darth Vader and be powerful in both incarnations, so room must be left for players who want to start out Light and slide into the Dark, or vice versa.

I think the stronger a Jedi master is the less susceptible he is to the DS. As the name implies he/she is a master of the light side.

I don't understand a player who has already gone the long and hard way to become a Jedi Master and then, without a comprehensible reason, behaves like a schizophrenic maniac. So I don't have any problems with a game that doesn't allow for such strange careers.

By the way, Anakin has never reached the rank of Jedi Master. He's been a young padawan/knight with let me say "mental problems".

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

Good question really, i wonder how Obsidian handles this issue without sacrificing gameplay.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I feel that at a certain point of the game you will have to choose a prestige class like you had to make a choice up on the Rakatan Temple and that will determine if you go LS or DS to end the game. The difference is that you will be about half way or 2/3 into the game, which means there will still be a lot to do so that you can test our your new found abilities. JEDI MASTER!!!! YEAH!!!!!!

in my opinion that's too late, ur starting off as a jedi, it should be like when u turn jedi in the first game, right after taris, about the first 5-6 hrs in the game. since u turned into a jedi in the KotOR at approx level 8 im expectin the same for the prestige classes in the second...