LS/DS Endings...

I've been thinking about how the endings in K2 will turn out. First off, I enjoyed the LS ending in K1 for many reasons: the long speech given by Dodonna and Vandar, some of the Jedi Council was there (with 3-4 faces of Revan :lol: ) and being there with your party members celebrating your conquest (plus you could change their outfits and they would show it).

I am hoping that after slaying all the Sith Lords and saving the galaxy that we get a similar celebration. I see our PC on Coruscant being given a medal for his heroic actions and all the Jedi who came out of hiding are there, including Revan(wishful thinking :lol: ) I remember someone saying that a dev said that the LS ending will be bitter/sweet because of the death of a party member, but I don't care about that. Hopefully we can change their outfits like in K1. Hopefully the LS ending in K2 will be as good, if not better, than that of K1.

As for the DS ending, I haven't given much thought. Not really a darksider, maybe Shadow could help with this. :lol:

What do you guys think?

I think that the ending will only make a difference if you manage to build some level of attachment to the characters (the bitter/sweet ending with a death). I would like something other than a medal ceremony this time around. Maybe something that gives a little story further on. As for the way the ending is presented, as long as it's done right, it could even be still images and I would love it. For those of you who have PS2, I recall the "Way of the Samurai" games (an acquired taste). They used the multiple ending idea just beautifully, and the first game only used stills in the ending sequences. There wasn't a single ending I was disappointed with, even though there were many where everything I fought for was lost. What I'm saying is, as long as the ending fits it will be satisfactory to most players, if the character programmers/writers/etc have done their job and managed to connect you with the characters on some level.

Its reall hard to predict an ending when you can't be sure if this is going to be the last game in the current sequence. If this is truely the second game in the trilogy then I would expect the game to end something like ESB, either way. If you're LS then you have one today, but the biggest battles are still left to fight, if you're DS then you've killed all the sith lords and now you must claim there followers and prepare to destroy republic. Honostly I'm not one who thinks this should be the last in this era, because it would really betray the ideas of a trilogy. I'm sure that alot of people will say that's already been done because you won't be able to use Revan in this game, but I think that 3 stories of prominent characters in one era would be a good trilogy :) :ph34r: :lol:;)

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Dark Side: You have joined the Sith Lords, understanding more than they do about the Dark side, you see that there is more power to be gained by keeping them as underlings, than by killing them, and simply putting down thier one or two uprisings a year with style. You chose a Padawan from your previous group, possibly a fallen Jedi you dragged down with you, and settle down in the throneroom of the newly established Sith Headquarters. You keep contact with the Jedi Onclaves (assuming you havn't wiped them out already) simply to let them know that the only reason they exist, is because you in all your power, have spared them, and in thier knowing you could destroy them with one swipe of your saber, you are given more power. Your loyal subjects of all planets, know your a Sith, but still love you because your a good ruler and understand that you will have more power with a strong econemy. Your not a thug, your are and evil twisted creature who every now and then puts down a possitional uprising by making grotesque examples of the one who tried to userp your command, but above all, your a ruler of the Galexy, and in the knowledge that the people of the galaxy love you, you have defeated any and all enemies that you may have had in the ranks of the Jedi. Of course, you do like to indulge yourself by going on the Odd Jedi hunt.

Light Side: Your conered in a room with all your friends, the three Sith Lords are surrounding you. Being the cowardly Power refusing lightsider you are, you send all of your underlings, who look up to and respect you enough to throw thier lives away, at the enemy, whom quickly dispatch all but the Jedi's of your group, who are also eventually slaughtered. Now it's up to you, but one little Jedi can't kill three or four Sith lords now can they?

Hmmmm, looks like either way in my versions the Dark Side rules!

Peace and goodwill toward men.

-There is no Light or Dark. There is only Power, and those to weak to seek it!

-Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

-I find no joy in taking the life of someone that finds no value in it.

-If you only get out of life what you put into it,why not just keep it all to begin with and save a whole lot of waisted time and effort?

Ya and extremely lame

"and in the knowledge that the people of the galaxy love you"

Your a Dark lord their hate would only make you stronger. If this would be the case they would refer to you as the Pink Lord of Quasi Evil. All the other sith would make fun of you and eventual kill you as to not be associated with such a wuss

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Ya and extremely lame

"and in the knowledge that the people of the galaxy love you"

Your a Dark lord their hate would only make you stronger. If this would be the case they would refer to you as the Pink Lord of Quasi Evil. All the other sith would make fun of you and eventual kill you as to not be associated with such a wuss

Please, the rest of the Sith Lords don'e even hold a candle to the skill our lvl 30ish char does by the end of the game! The one mistake every Sith makes when conquering the galaxy is that the populous doesn't want them there, and so they rebel, the Empire is destroyed 'oops'.

If you treat them with respect however, and don't kill them needlessly, then they like you, and the rebellion is quelled before it ever started. It's all about power not mercy, if any of those bastard underlings tries to userp my authority, they get thier limbs hacked off one by one by an old Katana so that they bleed (and my saber would be to good for em), then I would go to work force pulling thier teeth out, followed by thier eyes, and I'd leave the corpse haning like a chandalier in the mess hall for all to see what happens.

And lets see any of them call me the Pink Lord of Quasi Evil aftr that, cause thier death would be much more complex.

-Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

-If you only get out of life what you put into it,why not just keep it all to begin with and save a whole lot of waisted time and effort?

LS: I wouldn't mind seeing a celebration scene similar to the end of KotOR, actually would be kinda cool for me if they kinda do like RotJ SE and show the worlds from both KotOR games celebrating the defeat of the Sith. The ending has to be in Coruscant before the Jedi Council in the temple. And the bittersweet thing, awesome..., maybe a funeral sequence or seeing the dead npc's ghost like in RotJ to sad music. I hadn't heard that the LS ending would be bittersweet because of an npc death, heh there goes Atris. Does anyone know if there will be more than just the two endings? Have multiple LS and DS endings would give great replayability especially if linked to your decisions ingame.

DS: Coruscant burning, the Jedi Temple collapses in fire. Huge hordes of fanatical Sith bowing in Korriban as the PC sits in a darkly toned throne. Eh something like that.

They might as well follow up that last DS ending with a rebel upserge. Sigh.

You uys think that maybe Lucas has is a little to celebration happy? Eps 1,2,4,and6 all end in a celebration of sorts. It's even possible that Ep 3 could end in Palpatine celabrating! Then all the video games end in celebrations.... wtf!

Well the DS either you conquer the galaxy or kill it completely, not much else for the Siths to do.

Ep2 had a celebration? The hordes of clones marching to the Imperial theme didn't give me that impression. If you meant the wedding, well it was sort of bittersweet imo since we know where that's ending up. Lucas does do a lot a celebrations though, but why shouldn't he with all the money he gets in SW royalties hell I'd have the cartoons celebrating at the end of each episode also.

Sorry can't come up with a better DS ending, but I am a Light Sider. So I guess something appropriately dark and somber would do it.

I was refering to the wedding yes, and the if you think about it, those clones marching into thier ships was a celebration of sorts for Palpatine, I'll bet he was really happy at that moment!

But I'm a darksider with long term tactics in mind, so I would rather the happy smappy celebrations go bye bye.

I wonder will ending of KOTOR1 have the conection with ending of KOTOR2,

I mean we all know that the begining of KOTOR2 is the ending of KOTOR1 (whell only 5 year diference :lol: ) but still :(. KOTOR1: If Raven won (the LS ending) then what hapened to all the Jedi? Souldn't Jedi spreed?

And if Raven won (DS ending) shouldn't he be the leader of the Sith now trying to destroy the Respublic?

Will the ending be connected with how you answer the questions in the begining of the game?

The game won't have eney flashbacks or future visions so Raven won't comeback as your character ( I think :lol: )

Let them hate us, as long as they fear us.

what if the character that dies at the end of ls is revan??

and if revan lives what if in k3 u have ur character from kotor1, k2,and k3?

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

DS ending: scene of massive slaughter, our hero standing in the middle of it and still fighting with the last survived Jedis. In three quick blows he kills one of them and the second one, the last, is force pushed in a column. You slowly grip him with the Force and while he`s still begging for mercy, you burn him with furious beam of Lightning... darkness....Our hero - in the mantle of the Dark Lord - is walking trough a desert. And the last expected thing - he turns on his red lightsaber, then cries for everything he once loved and now murdered by him, and in the fury of the Dark Side he impales himself with the saber, and becomes one with The Force....

LS ending: dark room. All your friends are murdered by this so-called Sith Lord. The anger rises within you: for just one time in your life you will completely give yourself to the Dark Side - just to AVENGE your friends. You turn on your lightsber and attack him with unseen fury. The Dark Lord easily paries your clumsy attempts to break down his defences. You`re Force Pushed on the ground and while still flying - you feel the torning energy of the lightning. And now in this moment you glare at your friends faces. "No. There is no emotion - there is peace, there is no death - there is the Force" Now, for the first time in your life, you UNDERSAND. "There is only the Force..." Calling to all that is still good and calm in you - you stand. NOW YOU ARE ONE WITH THE LIGHT SIDE. YOU ARE INVINCIBLE! The Dark Lord, full of fury, attacks you recklesly. But through the Force you`re able to forsee every move, even the Dark Lord`s moves. After a short battle you realize, that death won`t satisfy you. DEATH WONT SATISFY YOU! It will only add a burden to your heart... Using the knowledge, bestowed by the Light side, you are able to make an unspeakable Force attack! But not to kill him. Crying out the names of your friends, you TRULY DIE and BECOME TRULY ONE WITH THE FORCE. One with your fallen friends. One with the world itself, you go inside the body of the Sith Lord and challenge the Dark Side itself. Now you`re the instrument of justice. A new battle emerges. You destroy the avatar of the Dark Side, bringing redemption to the man, who is no longer The Sith Lord, no longer tempted by the Dark Side - a pure man with the power to begin anew. END

Never thought of that. I just thought it up...

DS ending: scene of massive slaughter, our hero standing in the middle of it and still fighting with the last survived Jedis. In three quick blows he kills one of them and the second one, the last, is force pushed in a column. You slowly grip him with the Force and while he`s still begging for mercy, you burn him with furious beam of Lightning... darkness....Our hero - in the mantle of the Dark Lord  - is walking trough a desert. And the last expected thing - he turns on his red lightsaber, then cries for everything he once loved and now murdered by him, and in the fury of the Dark Side he impales himself with the saber, and becomes one with The Force....

Ya and while you're at it you might as well get NIN to play Hurt :unsure:

That doesn't make any sense? If your on the Dark Side you don't have a concience, so why would you kill yourself over a few dead Jedi??? :unsure:

Yeah I'm confused too. If I had the mantle of Dark Lord of the Sith I would want my riegn to end just like that. Plus you dont get to kill that pesky apprentice who will try to steal your place. And wheres the fun in that? :unsure:

On official Sith business.

Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed.

Mao Tse-Tung

Ya and while you're at it you might as well get NIN to play Hurt :unsure:

Where would be the fun in that? You have to get NIN to attack someone using force command (tentative title), and then you force pull her eyeballs out of thier sockets as a warning to your apprintice, none of this suicide crap.

Trent Reznor would problay have a hard time killing a jedi

DS ending: scene of massive slaughter, our hero standing in the middle of it and still fighting with the last survived Jedis. In three quick blows he kills one of them and the second one, the last, is force pushed in a column. You slowly grip him with the Force and while he`s still begging for mercy, you burn him with furious beam of Lightning... darkness....Our hero - in the mantle of the Dark Lord  - is walking trough a desert. And the last expected thing - he turns on his red lightsaber, then cries for everything he once loved and now murdered by him, and in the fury of the Dark Side he impales himself with the saber, and becomes one with The Force....

LS ending: dark room. All your friends are murdered by this so-called Sith Lord. The anger rises within you: for just one time in your life you will completely give yourself to the Dark Side - just to AVENGE your friends. You turn on your lightsber and attack him with unseen fury. The Dark Lord easily paries your clumsy  attempts to break down his defences. You`re Force Pushed  on the ground and while still flying - you feel the torning energy of the lightning. And now in this moment you glare at your friends faces. "No. There is no emotion - there is peace, there is no death - there is the Force" Now, for the first time in your life, you UNDERSAND. "There is only the Force..." Calling to all that is still good and calm in you - you stand. NOW YOU ARE ONE WITH THE LIGHT SIDE. YOU ARE INVINCIBLE! The Dark Lord, full of fury, attacks you recklesly. But through the Force you`re able to forsee every move, even the Dark Lord`s moves. After a short battle you realize, that death won`t satisfy you. DEATH WONT SATISFY YOU! It will only add a burden to your heart... Using the knowledge, bestowed by the Light side, you are able to make an unspeakable Force attack! But not to kill him. Crying out the names of your friends, you TRULY DIE and BECOME TRULY ONE WITH THE FORCE. One with your fallen friends. One with the world itself, you go inside the body of the Sith Lord and challenge the Dark Side itself. Now you`re the instrument of justice. A new battle emerges. You destroy the avatar of the Dark Side, bringing redemption to the man, who is no longer The Sith Lord, no longer tempted by the Dark Side - a pure man with the power to begin anew. END

Funning thing is, that i was listening to Slayer - "Killing Fields" while reading this, and it fits the mood in a strange way. I like those endings, they should be very sad but with a small ounce of hope left in them.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

They might as well follow up that last DS ending with a rebel upserge.  Sigh.

You uys think that maybe Lucas has is a little to celebration happy?  Eps 1,2,4,and6 all end in a celebration of sorts.  It's even possible that Ep 3 could end in Palpatine celabrating!  Then all the video games end in celebrations.... wtf!

I wouldn't say episode 2 has a celebration.

Unless listening to a remix of the Imperial March while stormtroopers load into giant machines of death is a celebration.

They might as well follow up that last DS ending with a rebel upserge.  Sigh.

You uys think that maybe Lucas has is a little to celebration happy?  Eps 1,2,4,and6 all end in a celebration of sorts.  It's even possible that Ep 3 could end in Palpatine celabrating!  Then all the video games end in celebrations.... wtf!

I wouldn't say episode 2 has a celebration.

Unless listening to a remix of the Imperial March while stormtroopers load into giant machines of death is a celebration.

I think she was talking about the wedding.